YHA Mt Cook Reviews

Cnr Bowen & Kitchener Drives, Mt Cook, New Zealand

Very nice hostel, clean and organized. Gets the job done.

A lovely YHA hostel, very warm and cosy in the cold village of Mt Cook. Location is fine, the town is so small and it is clean and well kept hostel. Perhaps a little more expensive than some I have stayed in but it was a really enjoyable place to stay and the sauna was very nice, especially having been out in the cold and snow! Free wifi which is always handy and the staff were very helpful! I would definitely stay again if I returned to Mt Cook.

First YHA I've stayed in and I really liked it. I usually try to stay in smaller, non-chain hostels but this one was great. One of the best kitchens I've used, plenty of spices, and free coffee and tea. The staff was wonderful as well, especially the girl who checked us in. The internet was a little slow, but its free and unlimited so I'm not complaining. This was an AMAZING hostel with a wonderful view. I would definitely stay here again.

Perfect place for stay when the weather is bad outside . Very friendly staff, awesome bed and full equipped kitchen. Free unlimited wifi !!!

Very cozy hostel situated perfectly at the foot of Mt. Cook. Warm and welcoming when it was super cold outside! The facilities are nice, rooms nice (with great comforters) and bathrooms nice. Nothing was exceptional but it was all around a good solid hostel and a very enjoyable stay.

You should tell that if we book yha hostels via your website we dont get the membership discount. That is dissapointing once you arrive 2 the hostel. Very bad from you

Great choice out of the few available in Mt. Cook village. Only improvement would be more outlets in the room. Right person dorm room with four outlets does not work.

The location is a little far away from The Hermitage where most of the activities are and so the walking back and forth (especially in the dark) might be a hassle. Other than the bit of distance, this hostel has wonderful facilities and friendly staff!

Because I Had to make a cancellation the day before my arrival at YHA Mt Cook I called the Staff There and explaniere that my Plan changed. Especially in a Too busy time like this Summer it is hard to Plan if all of the tourists want to get bus Tickets and accomondation. It's Not really fair to charge 38 Dollars from Backpackers especially if it's so hard to make plans because a lot of People are booking im advance!

Thanks for your feedback regarding this. Fortunately ( for us ) the terms and conditions displayed on this website clearly state that we employ a 1 day cancellation policy. Jason Neave, Hostel Manager