YHA Napier Reviews

277 Marine Parade, Napier, New Zealand

It is a neat, tidy and clean hostel. The security is tight and the staff there are responsible and helpful.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

One of the most efficiently run hostels I have stayed in, and organised by a devoted and hard-working team with an almost family-feel. The kitchen is VERY clean and there are always people about tidying and cleaning. The outdoor area is great and good for getting people together. Place has real character and little touches like Marcus offering to get us a wine glass one evening. I would stay here again and recommend others do the same.

I liked the place would stay there again. Stayed in 2 bed room so can't say about the dorms but my room was nice. Staff nice and helpful, just a bit of a trouble that their are some hours during the day when the reception is closed. Location is good just at the beach front and just around the corner from shops and city centre. Didn't like at first that their we're only two single bathrooms at my floor that was both shower and wc but actually during the two days I stayed I never had to wait.

Exactly what I was looking for but better than expected. Great kitchen facilities and, unusually for a hostel, a good shower

• 8th Nov 2013

Everynow and then you come across a hostel that's got it right. Fabulously convenient location, sparkling like a new pin, a well-equipped kitchen, a very relaxed atmosphere and just a neat place to use as a base or curl up with a good book and look out at the ocean. Come back ? In a heartbeat.