YHA Napier Reviews

277 Marine Parade, Napier, New Zealand

A clean, quiet hostel in a fabulous location. That said, atmosphere was significantly lacking (ideal if you want an 8.30pm bed), showers had less power than a tap and were tepid or intolerably scalding and there was a distinct absence of lockers in the dorms..those that were available charged $2 every time you opened one..

• 7th Feb 2016

Friendly staff. Nice location to stay

There was not a lot going on at this hostel, atmosphere was definitely lacking compared to other hostels we passed in the same area. The room and bathrooms were small and very basic. However the staff were friendly and very helpful. Location was good, on the beach front and short walk into town.

Great hostel and staff. Comfy bed, fresh towels always a bonus, and quality recommendations for nearby food and things to do. Also - wifi is free, and compared to most NZ hostels we've visited it's very very good. I'd stay again, but next time probably for longer.

I was disappointed that I was not able to get my HI membership discount because I booked online and my booking was processed by the Hostelworld.com. Also, the bicycle rentals are typically complimentary in the International hostels in Canada so I was a bit surprised that you have to pay for them in YHA Napier.

• 29th Nov 2015

Great hostel for location and all the necessary facilities. Wifi free and available in rooms.