YHA Napier Reviews

277 Marine Parade, Napier, New Zealand

Such a cute hostel! Old house vibe. We stayed here for 1 night in a single room overlooking the beach. The room was clean and had fresh towels for us. The bathrooms were clean and well kept. There was a lounge area upstairs with a TV, couches & fireplace. Kitchen was spacious and also clean. Wifi was great as well! Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone staying in Napier !

Its my 1st negative review ever. Why: Owner kicked me out of hostel for using the kitchen 3-4minutes after the time set in house rule. Solely for this, no littering, I was washing up after myself, etc. Owner scared me with agressive body language and kept repeating "I own this place!" Told me i am too dumb to read.Zero hospitality,no kind reminder first. I've been literally around the world, never seen such an agressive, unpolite, scary behaviour from owners. Location far from center&bus.

We had a lovely stay at the hostel, we'll definitely come again.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Classic YHA, everything was good. Value for money wise though, I think you can do better on AirBnB.

High standard hostel, like all the YHAs I used in NZ. I'd recommend for value, comfort and facilities.

About a 10-minute walk from Intercity bus station. Right by the beach. The building and rooms are a bit old but everything worked well and was very clean. Free wifi which was welcomed. No lockers in each room, but there are coin-operated large lockers by the reception desk. I stayed in a 4-bed room, which had 1 bunk bed and 2 other single beds.