YHA Ostello Mergellina Reviews

Salita della Grotta 23, Naples, Italy

A very impolite crew. One of them blame me because I did not speak italian...because the hotel is in italy, I should not use english...

Staff were friendly, breakfast was nice (and free!) and someone cleaned our bathroom bin everyday which was a pleasant surprise. The location is right by the train station and took about a five minute walk to get there. I don't know how we'd have found it without the help of two other hostellers because the tunnel and backstreet does not look promising BUT neither are a reflection of the hostel itself. I would recommend!

• 5th Jul 2014

The price might be tempting, but I don't believe it is worth it. The location is really a BIG downside, it is away from everything you will want to see and even walking from the station is tiresome (steep hill). Some of the staff did not speak English at all and weren't really friendly either. The reception looks nice, but the rooms are really bad, it felt like a prison. I didn't feel like in a hostel, but like in a cheap pension. It has potential though, with a few changes it could become good.

Pros: It's very good for the price. Laundry services for €5. Vending machines. Nice enough bathrooms. You can meet people. Staff are really helpful. Cheap. Really close to train. Cons: area doesn't feel great at night. Have to walk through some dodgy streets. Like other people have said there are a lot of stairs for the building (and no lifts until you get inside). I wouldn't walk there at night if you're female and alone. A bit out of town but easy enough to get back. Only one outlet per room

Guy at front desk wasnt personable. Rooms were ok..bathroom ok. Nothing fantastic for a YHA.

It's a nice hostel, with safe and clean bedrooms and clean showers. A living room and a terrace for chill out a bit. It's always clean and they offer you breakfast (bread and coffee). Sometimes, looks more like a hotel than a hostel because of the services and the design. Careful, it's nice but not near to the city center or the main train station, you can take the metro for the center and it's like 8 minutes, or get to the main station in 15 minutes (metro close at 22:00 in Naples).

Great location near Salvator Rosa Metro station. Great bar and personnel. Clean and spacious rooms. Nothing bad to say!

• 24th Apr 2014

This is the worst place I've stayed at and I've been traveling for 2 months. The men at the front desk are beyond rude! The breakfast is pathetic they don't even let you have a juice and a coffe it's one or the other. On the walk up to the hostel there is ALOtT dirty cats and the was also a dead cat and a dead bird on the road. It's was in a gross area and I just would not recommend it at all!

To be honest i was expecting more of this hostel. Its location is very near to metro but you have to climb up so high. Not so near the city center though but thats not the main problm. The main problem is the disorganization. When i arrived, they put me in one room then they said i have to move to other room. What kind of business is this? Free wifi in every room? No way it doesnt work. I have to depend on vodafone internet data. I know its cheap but the basic services arent acceptable.