YHA Ostello San Filippo Neri Reviews

Via Santa Orsola, 48/52, Modena, Italy

First when I read about it on hostelworld after making the reservation I was a little scared. But many of those things are untrue. The rooms and the bathroom are cleaned everyday. The staff is helpful. As a whole it is more like a students residence (but also for adults) than a hostel. The only disadvantage for me whas the lack of internet in the room, we had to go downstairs to the common room. But other than that it was really ok.

The building seems more like a boarding school than a hostel, as if there were people living there for longer periods of time, not so much like a backpackers' hostel. It was quite unclean, the walls in the room were dirty and I suspect the sheets had bedbugs. Would not stay there again. This was the only viable option for staying in Modena but next time I think we'll choose a nearby city if we need a place to stay.

Everything great except make sure to pay a tiny bit extra for a private room, ESPECIALLY if you are a girl / group of girls, the men can be very dodgy.

• 23rd Feb 2014