YHA Ostello per la Gioventu Genoa Reviews

Via Giovanni Costanzi 120, Genoa, Italy

We were 4 people and stayed 1 night. The hôtel is located quite far from the center but you can use the parking and take the bus form there (15 minutes). It was probably the silly season since the hôtel was empty. The night was quiet and the bedroom with minimum of furniture but comfy.

The hostel is located on a big mountain, so commonly you should to use bus for 1.5 euro. the breakfast is not included but you can pay 1.8 euro for cruassan with tea or coffee or pay 4+ euro for peace of pizza. wifi works only in first floor on kitchen. there is no lift but building has 4 floors and you have to up by himself. From the window you can see wonderfull view of Genova.

There is a balcony outside the hostel where you can get amazing view of the whole city. The location is not too convenient however, since it is on top of the hill. But still you can reach the hostel by taking bus 40 (bus 640 at night). Staff are friendly. There is no wifi in room but you can get internet access in the canteen.

To be honest, we didn`t expected much because we were just staying there for one night but it was better than we thought! And the view over Genua was really amazing!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Austria

For me it was all good. Very nice staff. I came with my motorcycle so the Location, which is right on top of a hill above the centre was no problem for me. It takes about 10 mins to get down, but the view from the hostel with their big terass is just amazing. You can basically get as many lockers as u wish, which is very cool, and they have a big parking place. Wifi only in the lobby, which is not an actual problem of cause. But here it looks a bit more like a cantine haha But all good for me

• 23rd Aug 2014

This seems to be one of the only hostels in Genoa. It's quite far from the centre (15mins by bus) but the location is fantastic. It's on top of the hill overlooking the city, with a great view. It's a nice walk down but coming up the hill from the city is a little tiring :) It's not exactly a social hostel but it is possible to meet other travellers, for example over breakfast or lunch in the canteen. Lockers need a padlock but I couldn't figure out how to lock mine so didn't use it.

Clean, good facilities, free wifi. It's a bit hard to get to though, as it's far up the hill, you need to get a bus from town, but it means you get a good view from the top though!

I'm glad I only stayed one night. It is situated almost half an hour away on a bus from the train station, on top of the hill. Beds were very uncomfortable. My friend and I had to drink to lighten up our stay there

Hostel is okay but pretty far from the centre. The staff is not really friendly.

Hostel is in a nice location with beautiful panorama view, but it is very hard to find without GPS system, since it is on top of the hill...