YHA Ostello per la Gioventu Genoa Reviews

Via Giovanni Costanzi 120, Genoa, Italy

Mattresses were stained, the staff appeared bored and were unhelpful, the facilities were bare and the atmosphere was that of a mental hospital in the 50s. Thoroughly unsettling.

• 20th Jun 2015

The hostel has an amazing view of Genoa. However, the staff were not friendly and tried to charge me more than the Hostelworld listed price. The hostel is in the place of a closed school, and it feels like a ghost town with large size to small number of guests. Still, it is a good value for how cheap it is.

Staff was very unfriendly. The check in was very slow and the staff insisted that none of us pre booked the hostel when we did. No soap (anywhere). So far out of the way of the city centre so it's not easy to go out at night.

Extremely far from anything worth seeing. The staff was generally quite unhelpful, and in terms of atmosphere the hostel felt like a ghost town. Maybe good for a one- or two-night stopover, but certainly not the right kind of hostel for someone looking to see the city.

The hotel was 40mins away from the city center in an extremely difficult location to get to. Besides, it was located in a neighborhood that was really scary and te building itself was kind of falling apart. We had a car (the main reason why que booked the hostel as it had a parking lot), but we turned around and went somewhere else because we were scared to leave it there during the night. Would not recommend it to anybody, it really took down or stay in Genova.

The bathrooms stunk and I couldn't feel clean even if I took a shower. Lucky I only stayed one night. Location is quiet a bit out of town.

The price was another one than the one written on the website. Mistakes happen, but one has to take on the responsibility. They added 2 euro charge for a customer card, for which I didn't even receive any receipt, but I had to pay - and there is nowhere to see that there will be this extra charge. And they forgot to remove the upfront that I have paid online (small amount). Everything was OK, not too expensive even so, but this tiny add here, add there, forget there are not that comfortable.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Romania

The location is quite out of the center, up to a hill... but it is in a natural park, so perhaps it's worth to take a transportation way to come and go to places.