YHA Oxford

8.1
Fabulous 972 Total Reviews

• Wales, Male, 41+
12th Mar 2017

Big, clean, efficient, accessible and comfortable. Right by the station and close to the centre of the city. The best place to stay in Oxford.

Thank you very much for rating us so highly and posting your great comments about the hostel. This is much appreciated and we'll feed back to all the team. I hope that you had a great time in the city of Oxford and that you'll be back to stay with us another time.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
23rd Feb 2017
5.7

I stayed in an en-suite 6 bed dorm and it was right on the train tracks, across from the station, so it was very noisy. There was a bad smell in the room. It felt damp in the room as well, probably because there's no ventilation in the shower room and the heating wasn't on. The staff wasn't very friendly. However it's close to the city center and the kitchen is nice and big. There are big lockers in the rooms. Bring your own padlock.

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the hostel. We are very disappointed to read that we did not meet all your expectations on this occasion. Please do let us know during your stay if you are unhappy with the room for any reason - we'll always try to fix any problems or move you to a different room if at all possible. We did have an issue with the ventilation fan serving the shower rooms last week - this fan has now been replaced so should improve some of the issues you mentioned. The heating is controlled by guests in the room - again, any problems working this please let us know. I do hope that you still had a great time in Oxford and that you'll consider coming back and giving us another chance to prove how great the hostel and our staff can be! Thanks again for the feedback.

• Australia, Female, 41+
12th Jan 2017

So accessible to the train and city! Tis hostel is so well structured as to make travelling easy, I am particularly grateful for the free cloak room. Having the choice of cooking or buying food, drinks and soup, make for a very hospitable environment.

Thank you for your positive feedback! We hope you will visit us again in the future!

• England, Male, 41+
27th Dec 2016

Great! I'll be back.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
30th Nov 2016
8.0

Nice hostel in a good location even if it's a bit too close to the train tracks. By too close I mean the hostel's wifi can be used at the train station. Shame the same can't be said for the dorm rooms, which had zero wifi reception. Staff are friendly enough and the hostel is clean, with a decent kitchen. Unfortunately the atmosphere is quite lame. There were a lot of middle aged men who looked like labourers seemingly living in the hostel.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
20th Nov 2016

Great hostel from what I could tell in my short time. No hot water when I was there (not their fault) so was very quiet but nice. Pleasant walk to town.

• khushleenk
  • India, Female, 25-30
16th Nov 2016
2.0

I stayed here only for one night, there was no hot water, the heater wasn't working... No one informed about it, my time was wasted trying to figure all these out... The staff was ok. The place could have been cleaner. THE WIFI WASNT WORKING.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Nov 2016

Would definitely stay here again. This was the cleanest hostel I have stayed in. Had lots of great facilities. The atmosphere was not that of a social hostel. The staff were okay. It was a decent walk- 15 mins- to any of the sights.

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of the hostel. We're over-the-moon that you rated the hostel so cleanliness - I'll pass this comment on to the housekeeping team who do work really hard, sometimes with lots of challenges, to achieve this. Sorry to hear that the staff only achieved an 'okay'. We're constantly trying to improve and I apologise if we didn't meet your expectations for staff friendliness and helpfulness during this stay. I hope that you had a wonderful time in Oxford and that you enjoy the rest of your trip.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
2nd Nov 2016
6.9

YHA is just not my cup of tea. It's fine, but it feels like the institution it is. No complaints, just wouldn't stay again.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
2nd Nov 2016

Great hostel. Surprisingly spacious rooms, secure places for luggage in rooms in the girls 6dorms, loved the ensuite in room, self catering facilities excellent. Great common areas. Would definitely go back.

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and we will be happy to welcome you again.