YHA Oxford Reviews

2a Botley Road, Oxfordshire, OX2 0AB, Oxford, England

Need free wifi

• 13th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

Good..however, staffs were not kind

Really nice that you can arrive even at night, and the proximity to the train station is convenient. Air conditioning would be good though, as you have to put up with a lot of noise from cars and trains when you need to keep the window open because of the heat.

I dońt understand why we need to pay the wifi and it is not accessible in your room.

• 15th Jun 2014

Room was clean and large. Great location right behind train station. However, the room stank so bad (like old sweaty socks) we had to open the windows when we arrived. We came back at 11 pm, and found our room-mates sleeping with all the windows closed, so we spent an awful night in an airless, stinking room with hot sweaty mattresses. Then, 3 times during the night someone random came in, turned on lights, and left again. They were looking for a bed -- why?!!? Otherwise, our stay was good.

Only complaints are that the bathrooms in our room smelled very musty/moldy, and there was no free internet. Otherwise, a wonderful hostel!

Above my expectations, would happily stay again!

• 29th May 2014

New zealanders on a roadtrip around the uk. great location, friendly helpful staff. would happily stay again and recommend to all. thanks yha you are legends.

I appreciate so much for good services rendered, i enjoyed and look forward to coming again.

• 10th May 2014
  • Kenya

Its a good place to stay, but the wifi its not free and well they charge you for everything and the staff is not good

Pleasent stay and cheap accommodation. Easy walk to everything, but didn't see much of the staff.

The part for internet accessibility, shouldn't be something to pay for going by the fact that we are your clients. some of us being clients from other countries needs internet 100% for communication and our businesses back home, for this solo reason central Back packers kind of sounds like from my general instincts will be my choice by default even though i never liked their premises and rooms when i visited my friends there in comparison to YHA. and the it should be accessible from the rooms.

• 10th Apr 2014