YHA Oxford

8.1
Fabulous 968 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 41+
12th Jan 2017

So accessible to the train and city! Tis hostel is so well structured as to make travelling easy, I am particularly grateful for the free cloak room. Having the choice of cooking or buying food, drinks and soup, make for a very hospitable environment.

Thank you for your positive feedback! We hope you will visit us again in the future!

• England, Male, 41+
27th Dec 2016

Great! I'll be back.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
30th Nov 2016
8.0

Nice hostel in a good location even if it's a bit too close to the train tracks. By too close I mean the hostel's wifi can be used at the train station. Shame the same can't be said for the dorm rooms, which had zero wifi reception. Staff are friendly enough and the hostel is clean, with a decent kitchen. Unfortunately the atmosphere is quite lame. There were a lot of middle aged men who looked like labourers seemingly living in the hostel.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
20th Nov 2016

Great hostel from what I could tell in my short time. No hot water when I was there (not their fault) so was very quiet but nice. Pleasant walk to town.

• khushleenk
  • India, Female, 25-30
16th Nov 2016
2.0

I stayed here only for one night, there was no hot water, the heater wasn't working... No one informed about it, my time was wasted trying to figure all these out... The staff was ok. The place could have been cleaner. THE WIFI WASNT WORKING.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Nov 2016

Would definitely stay here again. This was the cleanest hostel I have stayed in. Had lots of great facilities. The atmosphere was not that of a social hostel. The staff were okay. It was a decent walk- 15 mins- to any of the sights.

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of the hostel. We're over-the-moon that you rated the hostel so cleanliness - I'll pass this comment on to the housekeeping team who do work really hard, sometimes with lots of challenges, to achieve this. Sorry to hear that the staff only achieved an 'okay'. We're constantly trying to improve and I apologise if we didn't meet your expectations for staff friendliness and helpfulness during this stay. I hope that you had a wonderful time in Oxford and that you enjoy the rest of your trip.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
2nd Nov 2016
6.9

YHA is just not my cup of tea. It's fine, but it feels like the institution it is. No complaints, just wouldn't stay again.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
2nd Nov 2016

Great hostel. Surprisingly spacious rooms, secure places for luggage in rooms in the girls 6dorms, loved the ensuite in room, self catering facilities excellent. Great common areas. Would definitely go back.

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and we will be happy to welcome you again.

30th Oct 2016
7.4

This place is huge. It has 200 beds. They take a lot of groups so the atmosphere is a bit off compared to other hostels. It is right be the train station. You will feel the train go by and depending on where your room is, you might feel the vibration. The staff generally seems a bit clueless. The kitchen is nice and big and my bed was comfortable.

Thank you for your review. We are in high group season and yes, if you find yourself staying at the same time as most of the groups, the atmosphere is a bit different than if hostel was full of individual guests, however this is not always for the worse! Unfortunately we cannot help being located near the train station and there is a bit noise coming from the passing trains. I am concerned regarding your opinion about our staff. It is a pity that you did not find us helpful enough and we were not given a chance to prove ourselves enough, as we aim for providing the best customer service possible.

• Czech Republic, Male, 31-40
17th Oct 2016

I am living in hostels very often can say YHA Oxford is high standard hostel, is very safe, having homely atmosphere, comfortable wooden beds, clean. Alright people in. If go to Oxford will book them again.