YHA Oxford Reviews

2a Botley Road, Oxfordshire, OX2 0AB, Oxford, England

I enjoyed the stay at YHA Oxford.

Our 6 bed room had a group of 4 that had been staying awhile already and had made themselves quite comfortable before our unwelcome arrival. Facilities seemed like they should have been cleaner, but it was certainly acceptable and could have been much worse. Staff were helpful in giving advice on transit.

Easy to find, close to main attractions of the city (looks quite far on the map, but Oxford is small), close to Gloucester Green couch station, so don't worry about walking with luggage from there. Worth recommending!

No discount despite I'm a member Cleanliness (but like in a lot of YHA) far from perfect

• 15th Apr 2015

Some of the pots and pans may need some changing

• 15th Apr 2015

This hostel is amazing and the price is very good. It has you could ask for in the common areas of a hostel: an equipped kitchen, bar, lounge, common room, library and a restaurant. They offer breakfast for 5 pounds but I thought it was expensive and didn't try it. My room was large with individual lockers and hangers and with comfortable beds. My only problem was the lack of individual plugs for each bed. Each room has a private toilet and a private shower. The location is very good as well.

Good, clean hostel. Right next to the train station which is great if you're traveling by rail. Friendly staff. Would stay again.

Nice place, expensive for what it was. No atmosphere, most I met staying there were actually students. Not much of a party hang out atmosphere. Wifi in only the lobby was silly, it's 2015, provide all the rooms with Internet considering the price.

all YHA hostels are good . thanks

My only downside for this hostel was that everything is charged (stuff that can be usually borrowed for free, like towels and iron). However, considering the general price for the accommodation, this wasn't so tragic. The internet connection could be better, the food was great.

Very nice hostel, with a nice common space and very well located near the station...

Dorm room is ensuite with key card access. Bed is comfy and readily made. Lockers available in room (bring your own lock). Kitchen, lounge room, library are all there. Location is excellent, next to train station and everything in city centre is within walking distance. Yet it is not too close to the clubs like other hostels, so no excessive noise at night and I could have a good sleep. Only small downside is free wifi only available in common area. But still I think this is quite a good hostel.

All staff were great except South African bald gent who kicked some of us out of the lounge in favour of an attractive girl who was using it as her office,she said we were fine to be in there but he took it upon himself to tell us we weren't, favouring one guest over multiple, extremely unprofessional.

OK hostel, not much competition in town.