YHA Oxford Reviews

2a Botley Road, Oxfordshire, OX2 0AB, Oxford, England

Need free wifi

• 13th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

I dońt understand why we need to pay the wifi and it is not accessible in your room.

• 15th Jun 2014

Room was clean and large. Great location right behind train station. However, the room stank so bad (like old sweaty socks) we had to open the windows when we arrived. We came back at 11 pm, and found our room-mates sleeping with all the windows closed, so we spent an awful night in an airless, stinking room with hot sweaty mattresses. Then, 3 times during the night someone random came in, turned on lights, and left again. They were looking for a bed -- why?!!? Otherwise, our stay was good.

Only complaints are that the bathrooms in our room smelled very musty/moldy, and there was no free internet. Otherwise, a wonderful hostel!

Above my expectations, would happily stay again!

• 29th May 2014

New zealanders on a roadtrip around the uk. great location, friendly helpful staff. would happily stay again and recommend to all. thanks yha you are legends.

I appreciate so much for good services rendered, i enjoyed and look forward to coming again.

• 10th May 2014
  • Kenya

Its a good place to stay, but the wifi its not free and well they charge you for everything and the staff is not good

The part for internet accessibility, shouldn't be something to pay for going by the fact that we are your clients. some of us being clients from other countries needs internet 100% for communication and our businesses back home, for this solo reason central Back packers kind of sounds like from my general instincts will be my choice by default even though i never liked their premises and rooms when i visited my friends there in comparison to YHA. and the it should be accessible from the rooms.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Kenya

This is my first hostel stay. I stayed for two days. YHA is fantastic. In very good location to the city centre and park & ride car park. For the second night I have requested for lower birth and staff immediate arranged for me. Staff are easily approachable, friendly and they are very patient to the new comers. Kitchen, rooms and communal areas are clean and tidy. You can make your own food in the kitchen or coffee etc.

While the staff was not particularly friendly nor helpful, location is very good - right near the train station. They have a great booklet for if you don't know the town, and you'll see tips and faces from the Oxford University everywhere. However, the showers were one of the WORST I've ever seen - whoever built them never tried them! And none of the bedding is done, not very nice when you arrive at 1:30AM... I say it's a bit pricey for what you get.

Comfortable hostel, really near to the train/bus station, but the facilities are so good that you don't hear noises from outside. Cons: They charge you for everything, even wi-fi (which was free in every hostel we stayed). Also, the bathroom had a very good shower, but it doesn't have a extractor fan, so everything inside the bathroom was wet after we took a bath.

The location is excellent and it's very clean, even the bathroom is very nice. Everybody has their own light and cabinet just remember to bring the locker.

we stayed in two different double rooms (on the 26th and on the 28th) and the second one was much better

• 26th Jan 2014

The hostel is very well located, we walked everywhere from there. The kitchen is really useful, the rooms are spacious, but most of the showers didn't have hot water, what was a problem in January. In the rest, no complaints, very good hostel at a reasonable price.