YHA Oxford

Fabulous 976 Total Reviews
Fabulous 976 Total Reviews

14th Apr 2017
6.9

The hostel was fine it just wasn't as clean as I would have liked. And just little things here and there that effect your experience. My room carried a foul smell the whole time. The Wi-Fi didn't work. And it doesn't feel like a hostel so much as it does a hotel. Which could be good for some people. The location was pretty good. Overall, my stay was just okay.

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on the hostel. We're disappointed to read that you found us just okay as we always aim to provide the best experience possible for all our guests. Please do let us know during your stay if there is anything we can do to improve things, as we'll always double-check the Wi-Fi and move your room if appropriate. It can be tough keeping a shared dormitory fresh and odourless. We do try our best to air rooms whenever we can and when they are fully vacated we deep-clean and carpet shampoo if needed. I'll certainly check the room that you stayed in. I hope that you still had a wonderful time in Oxford that you enjoy the rest of your trip.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
13th Apr 2017
7.4

Good location next to the train station. Simple room but clean.

24th Mar 2017

The location was easy (close to bus station and literally next to the train station) and the facilities where new and nice. In my opinion the one downside was that it wasn't a terribly social hostel, not the place to go to meet people to go out with etc

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts about the hostel after your visit. We're happy to see that you rated us so highly and the facilities suited your needs, but it's a pity that the atmosphere wasn't as you'd have liked this time. We get a wide range of guests staying in the hostel for all sorts of reasons and it can vary a lot from night-to-night. We do see a lot of travellers make new friends here, but I also appreciate that some nights guests are already in groups or want to keep to themselves. Sorry that it was the latter at the time you stayed. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your trip. Thanks for the feedback.

• Wales, Male, 41+
12th Mar 2017

Big, clean, efficient, accessible and comfortable. Right by the station and close to the centre of the city. The best place to stay in Oxford.

Thank you very much for rating us so highly and posting your great comments about the hostel. This is much appreciated and we'll feed back to all the team. I hope that you had a great time in the city of Oxford and that you'll be back to stay with us another time.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
23rd Feb 2017
5.7

I stayed in an en-suite 6 bed dorm and it was right on the train tracks, across from the station, so it was very noisy. There was a bad smell in the room. It felt damp in the room as well, probably because there's no ventilation in the shower room and the heating wasn't on. The staff wasn't very friendly. However it's close to the city center and the kitchen is nice and big. There are big lockers in the rooms. Bring your own padlock.

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the hostel. We are very disappointed to read that we did not meet all your expectations on this occasion. Please do let us know during your stay if you are unhappy with the room for any reason - we'll always try to fix any problems or move you to a different room if at all possible. We did have an issue with the ventilation fan serving the shower rooms last week - this fan has now been replaced so should improve some of the issues you mentioned. The heating is controlled by guests in the room - again, any problems working this please let us know. I do hope that you still had a great time in Oxford and that you'll consider coming back and giving us another chance to prove how great the hostel and our staff can be! Thanks again for the feedback.

• Australia, Female, 41+
12th Jan 2017

So accessible to the train and city! Tis hostel is so well structured as to make travelling easy, I am particularly grateful for the free cloak room. Having the choice of cooking or buying food, drinks and soup, make for a very hospitable environment.

Thank you for your positive feedback! We hope you will visit us again in the future!

• England, Male, 41+
27th Dec 2016

Great! I'll be back.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
30th Nov 2016
8.0

Nice hostel in a good location even if it's a bit too close to the train tracks. By too close I mean the hostel's wifi can be used at the train station. Shame the same can't be said for the dorm rooms, which had zero wifi reception. Staff are friendly enough and the hostel is clean, with a decent kitchen. Unfortunately the atmosphere is quite lame. There were a lot of middle aged men who looked like labourers seemingly living in the hostel.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
20th Nov 2016

Great hostel from what I could tell in my short time. No hot water when I was there (not their fault) so was very quiet but nice. Pleasant walk to town.

• khushleenk
  • India, Female, 25-30
16th Nov 2016
2.0

I stayed here only for one night, there was no hot water, the heater wasn't working... No one informed about it, my time was wasted trying to figure all these out... The staff was ok. The place could have been cleaner. THE WIFI WASNT WORKING.