YHA Oxford Reviews

2a Botley Road, Oxfordshire, OX2 0AB, Oxford, England

Good location, it is just behind of the train station and even it is at the city side, but doesn't matter since the city is small. The stuff are all nice and helpful, give me good suggestions to visit the city and fix my light. The building is very old, the wood bed, desk are smell wet, and the other things in the room are also not new and nice anymore. But everywhere is clean at least.

The reception is really not friendly when I checked in. As no wifi in the room, a lot of people stay in the common room and kitchen, so it is very noisy and can't find a place to sit.

This hostel is very convenient. It's right next to the train station. It also has friendly employees, clean facilities, comfortable beds, and a fabulous combination English and continental breakfast at a reasonable cost. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Somewhat disappointed in this hostel. Rooms were nice but for the amount of money paid there was no wifi in the rooms and breakfast was expensive and not good. I would not stay again for such a high price.

Hostel was clean, rooms and beds were good. Close 10/15 minute walk into main area of town. Right behind train station - sometimes a little loud if window is open as the room was facing the tracks

It would be really good if there is wifi available in the room especially you need some quite research time. Common room is way too crowded during night time.

I really enjoyed my nights stay in Oxford recently, was greeted with a friendly women on reception and left receiving the same friendliness from a male the next day. The hostel was very clean, even with a room of multiple people, the people staying there were also very friendly and nice which was reassuring for a young girl spending her first night in a hostel. If anyone had any qualms about going here I will reassure you that from my experience you will have a nice time.

• 28th Jun 2015

A really nice hostel! The only thing I was less pleased with were the curtains in the room: they didn't close completely due to the curtain setup itself, so sunlight found its way onto my face too early in the morning. Other than that, it was great: clean, nice beds, friendly and helpful staff, and the luggage storage option was very handy.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Great! I really liked that there was a lounge (with a pool table!), a library, and a cafe downstairs. The room (6 bed female) was good, with lockers and lights at each bed. Located right next to the train station and only about a 10 or 15 minute walk to most points of interest in Oxford.

• 21st May 2015

I enjoyed the stay at YHA Oxford.

Our 6 bed room had a group of 4 that had been staying awhile already and had made themselves quite comfortable before our unwelcome arrival. Facilities seemed like they should have been cleaner, but it was certainly acceptable and could have been much worse. Staff were helpful in giving advice on transit.

Easy to find, close to main attractions of the city (looks quite far on the map, but Oxford is small), close to Gloucester Green couch station, so don't worry about walking with luggage from there. Worth recommending!

No discount despite I'm a member Cleanliness (but like in a lot of YHA) far from perfect

• 15th Apr 2015

Some of the pots and pans may need some changing

• 15th Apr 2015

Really enjoyed my stay here. Very clean, good facilities and very friendly staff. Beds were comfy and the rooms spacious, had enough lockers for all the beds. Only con is that it is a bit of a walk to the colleges and most attractions, but flip side is close to the train station so it works out.

This hostel is amazing and the price is very good. It has you could ask for in the common areas of a hostel: an equipped kitchen, bar, lounge, common room, library and a restaurant. They offer breakfast for 5 pounds but I thought it was expensive and didn't try it. My room was large with individual lockers and hangers and with comfortable beds. My only problem was the lack of individual plugs for each bed. Each room has a private toilet and a private shower. The location is very good as well.

Good, clean hostel. Right next to the train station which is great if you're traveling by rail. Friendly staff. Would stay again.

Nice place, expensive for what it was. No atmosphere, most I met staying there were actually students. Not much of a party hang out atmosphere. Wifi in only the lobby was silly, it's 2015, provide all the rooms with Internet considering the price.