YHA Oxford Reviews

2a Botley Road, Oxfordshire, OX2 0AB, Oxford, England

far more comfortable than in many other hostels

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Russia

Spacious dining room and nice, casual lounge & meeting area.

• 8th Jan 2016

While it was wonderful (and necessary, for me) to have WiFi access in the lobby/reception area, it was a major inconvenience not to have access in the rooms themselves. I feel that it was a bit misleading, and think it would best serve future visitors to clarify on the hostel's listing (on HostelWorld.com) that WiFi is only available at reception. Otherwise, very satisfied with the accommodations.

A little noisy for the location near train station, but good view around. Also I met some good friends here. Recommended.

This was an okay stay. I felt the room was not clean enough it had a funny smell. The bathroom wasn't filthy but was necessarily clean. Overall it was okay for one night.

Great :) I lived in Oxford for years and now visiting from time to time. Especially compared to the other hostels (mostly located on the party district) this is so much better for those who still wish to get a good nights sleep. It is still only a short walk away from the city centre and everything you need. Will visit again :)

I've stayed in many hostels and found this one to be the worst I've ever used. The room was not very clean at all - there was a lot of dirt around the bed posts, the toilet was unclean and wouldn't flush properly and generally all the furniture was old and needed replacing. The catering staff were very rude and terrible at customer service. The cleaner just came into the room without knocking which was a total invasion of privacy, as I was just getting out of the shower!

• 20th Nov 2015

Very helpful and professional receptionists

• 20th Nov 2015

I would't use this hostel again if I had to, the room I was allocated was very smelly, disgusting in fact. I didn't have a good night because the noise of the train was so loud and constant, the staff was somewhat rude or indifferent, the bed was uncomfortable and too small, the internet connection was very week, I was charges £1 to use a computer to send an email. In general and being very sencere it's the worst hostel I've stayed in (and I have stayed in over 20 around Europe and the UK).

Nice hostel. Very clean and good location for getting into city.

Great;thank you. Maybe change the towels used on floor in shower room to mats instead, plus they need better ventilation/extraction.

The staff was very helpful and made sure i had a great stay.

Comfortable beds, the room size is good. No wi-fi in the rooms, poor wi-fi in most common areas (so people crowd at the reception )) They don't provide towels, but you can hire one for 2 pounds. The breakfast is not included (another 5.25 pounds). Expensive for a hostel.

Privat!,, many thanks for your comments. Our general manager will address your concerns and we hope our WIFI will improve.

Nice hostel really close to the train station, however a little bit of a walk to the town center and colleges. Overall it offers a lot with good food and 24h service desk availability. Loved the tea and croissants in the morning! Could be a little cleaner in places (especially the self catering kitchen and bathrooms). Luggage storage is not secure, everybody can just walk in, ask for the key and go get any bag without being asked a name/room no or anything. Not good.

Dear Annika, Many thanks for your comments. We will address your concerns with the General Manager.

Good location, it is just behind of the train station and even it is at the city side, but doesn't matter since the city is small. The stuff are all nice and helpful, give me good suggestions to visit the city and fix my light. The building is very old, the wood bed, desk are smell wet, and the other things in the room are also not new and nice anymore. But everywhere is clean at least.