YHA Penzance Reviews

Castle Horneck, Alverton, Cornwall, TR20 8TF, Cornwall, England

The hostel was not very busy shortly after New Year's, but nonetheless the staff was happy to prepare breakfast even if it's only for one person. It was a very nice and cosy place, where you can easily stay longer. The dorm room was quite big and the beds were great, good matresses, and power sockets and light at every bed. The staff was super friendly and helpful, giving lots of advice with things to do, lended maps, gave the local weather forecast and so on.

The hostel was one of the most comfortable I had ever stayed in. The staff was very nice and helpful and the bedrooms, common rooms were very well kept and cosy, one quickly at home! The kitchen is big enough and well equiped for such a big hostel, there are 4 stoves and 2 ovens, enough fridges for everybody. The hostel also had a nice barpub which serves good meals if one doesn't want to cook. although a little out of town, it is quiet, very much to my liking.

What I got a little disappointed was that internet is not free even though the description about the facilities of the hostel on this hostelworld website says "free". Apart from that, staffs had very friendly and helpful manner. Indeed, they answered my silly questions whenever I asked as well as gave me tips to travel around the area. The hostel itself is also clean and tidy. I enjoyed my stay over there and in Cornwall in general.