YHA Penzance Reviews

Castle Horneck, Alverton, Cornwall, TR20 8TF, Cornwall, England

I would like to especially thank the staff at YHA Penzance. They are so helpful that when I got drunk at night, they helped me enter my room despite it was already 12 am. I felt so sorry for them, but still would like to thank them here!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • China

If you don't have a car and are backpacking - poor location. At least 20 minutes out of town (although it is in a beautiful location). No free internet! You have to pay for wifi. Breakfast is expensive and not included. Bedrooms were excellent as were bathroom facilities. Kitchen has everything you need but was quiet and a bit dirty. Not a social hostel at all, although that may have just been when we were there.

Very friendly and cooperative staff. Everything was very clean and breakfast is highly recommendable. Those who like cooking for themselves will find a well equipped kitchen. Unfortunately it's a 30min walk to the beach, but that should not be a reason not to visit the hostel!

Really good place, only £9 for a clean bed and bedding, a good shower and use of an iron for my interview shirt. £10 for a hot, 3 course dinner and overall excellent service.

• 2nd Dec 2013

Lovely place to stay with wide variety and ages of people. About a 15 min walk to town with all sorts of shops. Taxi from train station to hostel cost 5 pounds. Very well equipped kitchen. Lady's on the desk were great and Nuhla has extensive knowledge on all sorts of things. Well worth staying there. I am already booked to go again.