YHA Queenstown Central Reviews

48a Shotover Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

A great looking hostel from the outside but our room hasn't been renovated for a good 20+ years it seems. It was like staying at your granny's house, I think the rooms need updated big time. Apart from that it's a nice hostel 👍

They stay was great, staff were very informative and friendly. Overall it was great for the price :)

• 18th Jul 2015

Great hostel, good wifi, great staff, pretty clean, bathroom clean, heat is good in the winter, staff professional, and they help book with tours, busses, the only bad thing was the guy below me smelled really bad, I mean insanely, the stench stayed in the room days after he departed.

• 18th Jul 2015

YHA Central Queenstown was a dream to stay at. It was accessible, convenient, clean and warm. Service staff were really helpful as well, helping us out with any questions we had and making sure we had a pleasant stay at the hostel. Kitchen was clean and well-equipped and the view that overlooked the lake was a further plus point! Loved how YHA thought to equip their toilets with heaters, which we were really grateful for in the cold winter days. Would definitely stay here again! :)

I won't go there again. The staff were just alright. The location was good but the facilities and cleanliness was awful. The mattress was horrible and was unbelievably squeaky. There was no soap in the toilet (the very first backpacker I experienced this in).

fantastic! My girlfriend and I couldn't believe the price of somewhere not only in Queenstown but in the very middle of it.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Really good location and a good hostel. Unfortunately the kitchen was really dirty and there was fruit flies everywhere which didn't make eating and cooking a fun job. All in all it was okay though.

nice and quiet Hostel! we had a private 4 bedroom with a private bathroom.

Only stayed here because others were fully booked. This hostel is a rip off if you compare others. For a twin room $127 is over priced if you see other similar rooms. I won't stay here again unless everywhere else is booked.

• 12th Feb 2015