8.5
Fabulous 199 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 199 Total Reviews
YHA Queenstown Central Located at 48a Shotover Street, , Queenstown.
New Zealand
Queenstown Otago 48a Shotover Street
85% 199
-45.0321368 168.6587619
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Nov 2016
8.0

I had an enjoyable stay at yha. The hostel was clean, the people was nice and the kitchen was amazing. As my guest And i was regular users of the kitchen with was very much happy with the cleanliness and the wide range of appliances. I would say that the age of the guests range was much older than myself (22) with the majority being around 40-60. Meaning there was a more chilled out atmosphere. Good hostel. Would recommend to a friend x

• England, Couple, 25-30
29th Oct 2016

Amazing stay, would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Queenstown.. Fab views from the kitchen!

Kia ora Thanks a lot for your kind comment and ratings! Its so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We love our views too - hope to see you again next time you visit beautiful Queenstown.

• New Zealand, Male, 31-40
14th Oct 2016
6.3

Alot of street noise from the room, and the walls are super thin, can hear people in room either side of us talking, no good if you want a good nights sleep or some privacy with your partner

Kia ora Thanks a lot for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you had a hard time with noise while you stayed with us. Unfortunately the centrality of our location does mean that this can happen, however we like to think that the convenience and beauty of our spot does make up for it! In the future please feel free to ask at the front desk for a free pair of ear plugs - the staff will be happy to help.

• England, Female, 25-30
25th Sep 2016
6.9

I paid extra for an ensuite private room. However when I pulled back the blanket to get into bed, it was clear the sheets hadn't been changed and there was a huge clump of someone else's hair in the bed. Disgusting.

Kia ora Thank you for your comments. Customer service and cleanliness are number one priorities for us here at YHA Central. I am shocked to hear that your bed was not cleaned. I will be sure to mention this to our cleaning staff. For the future, please don't hesitate to come down and see our reception staff if you have a problem, they will be only happy to help.

• Bangladesh, Male, 31-40
14th Sep 2016

It is located at the city center. The room was really spacious. I shared a five male dorm room. The toilet was clean, but it was three fixtures residential toilet/ bathroom, which is not suitable for a shared accommodation. Gang shower/toilet would be better. But luckily my room was not full. The kitchen area has a nice view of the lake and mountains. It was awesome.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
10th Sep 2016

The staff at YHA are extremely helpful and friendly. If there was a rating goes beyond 10, i would defs give them 1000! They help you check in, book your activities, and recommend you for good activities, place to eat and everything. They never get sick of your questions and doubts. They always ask for your permission before doing anything. So overall, it was definitely an enjoyable stay with them and will stay with them again if i ever go back to queenstown!!! Thanks YHA!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
26th Jul 2016

I stayed here for a week by myself wanting to make friends to go snowboarding with and go out at night, found this quite difficult as there were lots of families staying in the hostel and not many people in the same situation as myself. Besides that the customer service and rooms were perfect. Great place if you just want somewhere to sleep.