YHA Queenstown Lakefront Reviews

88-90 Lake Esplanade, Queenstown, New Zealand

The bedrooms aren't good neither comfortable

Only two plugs in 6 share rooms. beds were so deflated and sank in the middle. dry room was kinda poor quality. staff however were really helpful and lovely

• 21st Jul 2014

Really lovely staff and a cool looking old building. Kitchen is huge too. Cleanliness in the bathrooms was a bit lacking though especially when the hostel was busy. They were left messy for the whole day. I understand there is a cleaning schedule but it's not hard to send a staff member up with a pair of gloves and some plastic bags for a quick tidy. It's mostly due to other guests being careless but it's not pleasant for others to have to deal with the mess (sometimes gag-worthy!!).

Good place.

Old hostel which surely needs an update. Only one power point for 6 bed dorm in one corner of the room. Had to stay because no other hostels had beds available and they managed to mess up our reservation so I actually didn't have the bed that I had booked in via hostelworld.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Estonia

Thank you for your feedback about our hostel. We are currently awaiting refurbishment of our bedrooms in the near future and will bear your helpful comments in mind. It's unfortunate to hear about the mess up with your booking. You are more than welcome to contact the hostel and provide me with further details. Very rarely, these kind of mistakes happen and we try our best to deal with them but it's sad to hear that you were not satisified. I would like to send my sincere apologies.

Very nice. Its a bit out of the city, which is the only thing i can complain about

Great location and great kitchen facilities and lounge area. A well run hostel in a fabulous location and nice quiet part of town. Walls between rooms however are very, very thin meaning you can hear every movement, cough or sniff from your neighbour. Toilet and showering facilities were functional and clean. Room (double) was very small and very basic - more so than many other hostels we have stayed in .

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Well run hostel with pleasant staff. Great location.

Dirty sheats in our twin room.

Dear Brenton, I am very unhappy to hear that you had dirty sheets on your bed as this is no way reflects the high standards that we usually have at the YHA. I do hope that your complaint was dealt with appropriately and that you were compensated whilst you were here. I would like to send my sincere apologies in this instance. Please feel free to call the hostel to discuss this anytime. YHA Management

Dear Hostelworld Please note that this hostel was already full when I booked the room through you. On your homepage the room was available which was not the case anymore. I had to find an alternative accomodation and my credit card got charged. I contacted your office in India directly and explained them my situation. After this happening I kindly ask you to refund me the amount which you charged on my credit card. Thank you and best regards.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

I really liked the communal areas of this hostel. Really easy to get chatting to other travellers and it was so comfy. Kitchen is also big and very clean. Nice location on the lakefront but it is a 10/15 min walk to town.

It's about a 10 minutes walk to the main city centre area but this hostel makes up for it with great views of Laka Wakatipu. Excellent kitchen area with good, clean facilities.

• 28th Feb 2014