YHA Queenstown Lakefront Reviews

88-90 Lake Esplanade, Queenstown, New Zealand

This place is really great for most things you can think of, but I have one fair gripe with the place that most of the other guests I met agreed with - ventilation in the bedrooms. Stayed in the 8bed dorm, there's only one window and no air circulation. The rooms were incredibly stuffy and hot, especially in the crazy hot week we stayed. Just a small fan to push air around the room would have sufficed in the least and made the stay infinitely more comfortable. Other than that, enjoyed the stay.

Great hostel! Staff were very friendly and accommodating with any questions. Very clean bathrooms and kitchens. Enjoyed the clothes lines options to save some money on drying clothes. The lakefront view didn't hurt either - definitely recommend!

While I didn't actually stay at the hostel due to a mishap my booking, the staff was incredible helpful and accommodating. I was able to take a walk around the facilities as well, which looked immaculate.

• 19th Jan 2016

Wifi only works on main floor. Very nice bathrooms and rooms. Very comfortable. 10 meters from the lake. Big kitchen. Would definitely stay here again.

Pleasant staff, only had a couple of nights there but every thing was real easy going, great value for money

• 16th Jan 2016
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

I had my iPad stolen from my room, I wasn't even in the country a week out of a year long trip! But everything else was ok.

• 14th Jan 2016

Great hostel far enough from the busy city center so you can sleep well but still everything is within walking distance. Clean and best bathrooms and kitchen facilities I have seen in a hostel so far. And I have been to lots of hostels around the world so far.

• 9th Jan 2016

We enjoyed our stay at Lakefront. The view was great and it was nice being out of the noise of town but still within walking distance. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the security was excellent. The kitchen and bathrooms were more than adequate as well as the TV room and lounge. The front desk was able to help us several times and were all quite knowledgable. A great stay for the budget minded.

• 5th Jan 2016

Amazing stay right off the lake. We really enjoyed our night.

• 25th Dec 2015

great hostel, lovely location on the lake front, good facilities, all you could need in the kitchen. nice bathrooms with hairdryers for the chicks. very helpful staff. :)

Everything was fanatic I really enjoyed staying there.

• 17th Aug 2015