YHA Queenstown Lakefront Reviews

88-90 Lake Esplanade, Queenstown, New Zealand

The bedrooms aren't good neither comfortable

Only two plugs in 6 share rooms. beds were so deflated and sank in the middle. dry room was kinda poor quality. staff however were really helpful and lovely

• 21st Jul 2014

Really lovely staff and a cool looking old building. Kitchen is huge too. Cleanliness in the bathrooms was a bit lacking though especially when the hostel was busy. They were left messy for the whole day. I understand there is a cleaning schedule but it's not hard to send a staff member up with a pair of gloves and some plastic bags for a quick tidy. It's mostly due to other guests being careless but it's not pleasant for others to have to deal with the mess (sometimes gag-worthy!!).

Good place.

Old hostel which surely needs an update. Only one power point for 6 bed dorm in one corner of the room. Had to stay because no other hostels had beds available and they managed to mess up our reservation so I actually didn't have the bed that I had booked in via hostelworld.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Estonia

Thank you for your feedback about our hostel. We are currently awaiting refurbishment of our bedrooms in the near future and will bear your helpful comments in mind. It's unfortunate to hear about the mess up with your booking. You are more than welcome to contact the hostel and provide me with further details. Very rarely, these kind of mistakes happen and we try our best to deal with them but it's sad to hear that you were not satisified. I would like to send my sincere apologies.

Very nice. Its a bit out of the city, which is the only thing i can complain about