YHA Queenstown Lakefront Reviews

88-90 Lake Esplanade, Queenstown, New Zealand

Great location and great kitchen facilities and lounge area. A well run hostel in a fabulous location and nice quiet part of town. Walls between rooms however are very, very thin meaning you can hear every movement, cough or sniff from your neighbour. Toilet and showering facilities were functional and clean. Room (double) was very small and very basic - more so than many other hostels we have stayed in .

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Well run hostel with pleasant staff. Great location.

Dirty sheats in our twin room.

Dear Hostelworld Please note that this hostel was already full when I booked the room through you. On your homepage the room was available which was not the case anymore. I had to find an alternative accomodation and my credit card got charged. I contacted your office in India directly and explained them my situation. After this happening I kindly ask you to refund me the amount which you charged on my credit card. Thank you and best regards.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

I didn't stay here. I booked a room at the Queenstown Adventure. Much higher rating than you

I really liked the communal areas of this hostel. Really easy to get chatting to other travellers and it was so comfy. Kitchen is also big and very clean. Nice location on the lakefront but it is a 10/15 min walk to town.

It's about a 10 minutes walk to the main city centre area but this hostel makes up for it with great views of Laka Wakatipu. Excellent kitchen area with good, clean facilities.

• 28th Feb 2014

Was booked into lakeside but was transferred to central as a laughable 'upgrade' there were loud pipe noises throughout night beds creek really loudly and a bit like a prison

The location of the hostel, and communal facilities were good. The design with long corridors, lacked character and our twin room was so small we could scarcely find room to place our bags.

• 7th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Massive hostel, but didn't seem crowded at all. Rooms were of a good size, and the bathrooms were huge! Great atmosphere, with good communal kitchen/eating sofa area. 10 minute walk into town! WiFi is only free for YHA members but other than that great hostel!

awesome kitchen facilities. a 10 minute walk out of the main town area, but right on the lake was beautiful.We stayed in twin or double private rooms and the only annoying thing was hearing the noisy people at midnight having showers and banging their bedroom doors!