YHA Rolleston House Reviews

5 Worcester Boulevard, Christchurch, New Zealand

Great and excellent location! Took only a minute to reach the bus stop!

This YHA is a fairly basic hostel, and was satisfactory for simply providing a bed for the night. I think if I was staying in Christchurch longer I would go elsewhere as the atmosphere was not the same as other YHA hostels I have stayed in or indeed non-YHA ones either. However, it was basically clean and it was a nice touch having the extra furry throw for the beds especially as it was cold at night - the whole place was freezing! It's in a great location for the Naked bus and has free wifi.

I only stayed one night but it had everything I needed and the staff were so helpful! Except the guy in the morning was a bit moody but it wasn't a problem. Good shower facilities and comfortable beds. Right next to the Canterbury museum which is where most coaches pick up to go to other locations which was my main reason for choosing this particular hostel.

• 6th Jun 2015

Good hostel. We got a 3 bed dorm even though I booked an 8 bed, which was very nice. Kitchen was a bit crowded despite being big. Atmosphere felt social.

I didn't spend a ton of time there, so I can't comment on the bathrooms much. Kitchen was great, big, lots of free adds for your meals, helpful staff (though they only open at 8am, which is tough to make most buses). Beds were fine. I loved the historic style of the house. Free wifi if you have a yha card or you can get the spark wifi hotspot throughout the house (free with my sim package).

Was so great to stay there. Clean and big lounge room and bedroom. I would love to recommend it to everyone.

• 9th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Nearly everything you expect from a YHA hostel, in a pretty old buidling with character. It would be good to have small lockers for valuables in the rooms and it's annoying that you have to pay extra for wifi (although that seems to be very common in NZ) but otherwise a nice place.

It was too expensive for what it was... Compare with other New Zealand Youth Hostels...

View all Christchurch Hostels