8.4
Fabulous 120 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 120 Total Reviews
YHA Rolleston House Located at 5 Worcester Boulevard, , Christchurch.
New Zealand
Christchurch 5 Worcester Boulevard
84% 120
-43.5308158 172.6280021
    Rooms available

• Hong Kong, Couple, 25-30
24th Aug 2016

next to the centre of christchurch which is super convience for backpacker to travel around

27th Jul 2016
7.1

I stayed there just for one night, as I had to take the bus pretty early in the morning. The hostel looks kind of old, almost creepy, but the room was pretty big, and warm, and the bed was perfectly comfy. The kitchen was great, really big. the thing tht I didnt really like was the bathroom wich was downstairs so you have to walk through common spaces for it, and it looked very old. Not the best YHA I stayed, I prefer the one on Hereford Street, but this one a kind of cheap price for the loca

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
9th Jul 2016

Although not a current member, I have been a YHA customer for over forty years. On this occasion I was taking my grandson and nephew to Christchurch to do a school holiday course at the university. I booked online. Somehow or other a mistake was made and the dates I booked were one day earlier than the ones I actually wanted. I ended up having to pay a $76 penalty which was more than I can really afford. While I accept that I was at fault in not checking my booking I did find the lack of fl

• walter_wflee
  • Hong Kong, Mixed Group, 31-40
15th May 2016
7.7

Nice old house located very conveniently just next to Canterbury Museum and where lots of coaches stop. Very friendly and helpful staff. The bathrooms need comprehensive renovation, though.

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
12th May 2016

Clean and tidy hostel. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Wales, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2016
7.1

No atmosphere but clean

5th Apr 2016

Another good stay at YHA but both a washing machine and dryer were out of use leaving just one each for the whole hostel. I had to do laundry at the other YHA! About 10-15 mins walk to center of town and bus interchange so good location. Staff generally pretty helpful.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
1st Apr 2016

Friendly staff and knowledgable about the city itself. Well kept hostel in a good location and easy to get around the city.

1st Mar 2016

Staff was amazing. They were polite, helpful, accommodating, and fun. The location was perfect, walking distance to downtown, the park, gardens, museum, and across the street from all bus points. The bathrooms/showers were always clean and accessible, and the kitchen was large and spotless. I would highly recommend and I would absolutely stay here again, although in a private room. The bunks are very squeaky, and 6 backpackers in one room can get stinky...

• England, Female, 25-30
27th Feb 2016

Good location, nice staff, very dated but does have a hot tub & popcorn machine.