YHA Rolleston House Reviews

5 Worcester Boulevard, Christchurch, New Zealand

The rooms very hot and stuffy. Quite surprising with it being so pleasant outside. No fans or any way to circulate or move the air. Rooms were very stuffy and the beds were extremely uncomfortable. Glad it was for only one night

old building perfectly located just across the road from the bus stop. Nice touch of 2 pillows and 2 blankets per bed. Only 2 female toilets (hasn't been an issue for my short stay)

Big and spacious and an incredible kitchen. Excellent location and very friendly staff.

Great and excellent location! Took only a minute to reach the bus stop!

This YHA is a fairly basic hostel, and was satisfactory for simply providing a bed for the night. I think if I was staying in Christchurch longer I would go elsewhere as the atmosphere was not the same as other YHA hostels I have stayed in or indeed non-YHA ones either. However, it was basically clean and it was a nice touch having the extra furry throw for the beds especially as it was cold at night - the whole place was freezing! It's in a great location for the Naked bus and has free wifi.

I only stayed one night but it had everything I needed and the staff were so helpful! Except the guy in the morning was a bit moody but it wasn't a problem. Good shower facilities and comfortable beds. Right next to the Canterbury museum which is where most coaches pick up to go to other locations which was my main reason for choosing this particular hostel.

• 6th Jun 2015