YHA Rotorua Reviews

1278 Haupapa Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

We stayed in a private room although have stayed here before in the dorms as well. Staff were super helpful and the secure bike storage was great and I found the free wife brilliant although my friend was using a USA sim card and could not access it. We had a great time away and would stay again.

Good location, clean rooms and friendly, helpful staff with great local knowledge. We were in a double room which was very hot and with only one window we couldn't get a draft to cool it down, that's the only negative though.

Great location with really good facilities and parking. Very comfortable though room needed to be a little bigger for real comfort and showere room was difficult to operate in with the door closed.

• 24th Nov 2014

Really happy with our stay here. However, our room was uncomfortably hot and we had no access to fans. Our window was at the entry of the hostel so if we opened it or drew back the curtins everyone that walked in or out would see us sleeping. Other than that, great location, great staff and an awesome kitchen!

A good hostel, not much of communal athmosphere though. Rooms and other facilities were clean. The only thing that I miss, however this applies to a lot of hostels on NZ, is a free locker in the room for valuables.

Even though I only stayed for 1 night, it was great! The staff were friendly & helpful with what to do & where to go. I personally didn't spend much free time there but the rooms were clean & tidy, with good facilities. The only down-side is the walls are quiet thin so you can hear bait of noise between rooms, but again it didn't bother me too much... Thanks guys!