YHA Rotorua Reviews

1278 Haupapa Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

Really good, clean accomodation with good facilities. Close to the city centre

• 15th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Even though in general was an ok experience the pillow was a brick, and I asked for the. Super deluxe ensuite private room... I was all Sunday with a pain on the neck, thanks to that. Another 2 friends stayed at cheaper rooms and had the same problem.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Not bad overall. Good kitchen if you like to cook.

Nice room.

This hostel was perfect for what we needed for the one night. Was nice and tidy, close to the park, shops, restaurants and the lake and the staff were also very good. We were also pleasantly surprised that we had our own bathroom as we thought we were to share the bathroom facilities! The only down side was the bed-it was very hard and we woke up with sore backs and necks! But for the price we paid, it wasn't a huge deal anyway. Overall, a great place to stay.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Decent hostel with good sized dorms, there was a lack of plug sockets in the dorms and not a huge amount availble in social area/ kitchen. The reception staff are fantastic, so helpful for local info and booking of activities!

Nice hostel, I stayed for 3 nights. Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms are clean and tidy. No familiar athmosphere though. I'd recommend it Firma short term stay.

The kitchen area is dated compared with other YHA facilities. Clean and comfortable though.

We stayed in a private room although have stayed here before in the dorms as well. Staff were super helpful and the secure bike storage was great and I found the free wife brilliant although my friend was using a USA sim card and could not access it. We had a great time away and would stay again.

Good location, clean rooms and friendly, helpful staff with great local knowledge. We were in a double room which was very hot and with only one window we couldn't get a draft to cool it down, that's the only negative though.

Great location with really good facilities and parking. Very comfortable though room needed to be a little bigger for real comfort and showere room was difficult to operate in with the door closed.

• 24th Nov 2014

Really happy with our stay here. However, our room was uncomfortably hot and we had no access to fans. Our window was at the entry of the hostel so if we opened it or drew back the curtins everyone that walked in or out would see us sleeping. Other than that, great location, great staff and an awesome kitchen!

A good hostel, not much of communal athmosphere though. Rooms and other facilities were clean. The only thing that I miss, however this applies to a lot of hostels on NZ, is a free locker in the room for valuables.

Even though I only stayed for 1 night, it was great! The staff were friendly & helpful with what to do & where to go. I personally didn't spend much free time there but the rooms were clean & tidy, with good facilities. The only down-side is the walls are quiet thin so you can hear bait of noise between rooms, but again it didn't bother me too much... Thanks guys!

Loved the hostel, great location, great staff, awesome common area. Wifi was a little iffy (front desk said I needed a cellphone, and couldn't even access it on my tablet?!), but rather than struggle to get it working I discovered I could use Global Gossip from the common room so it wasn't an issue. Would definitely recommend the hostel.

Sheets not in great condition, but facilities all maintained. Big hostel, so difficult to really have a great atmosphere.

Secure central location, overly helpful and knowledgable staff, spotless rooms and bathrooms, with everything you need in the kitchen.

Nice quiet hostel. 24 reception is really handy when your card doesn't want to let u in anymore at nighttime. Best kitchen and very clean facilities.

Good beds and good wash room facilities. Very helpful staff and a good common area/cooking facilities. Decent location with ample parking. (Nearest bar is Lava bar a block away, so stumbling distance ) Would recommendd

Great Facilities, everything is rather new. It is one of the bigger hostels which did not bother us but takes away some the atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7