YHA Stratford upon Avon

Fabulous 359 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 359 Total Reviews

3rd Sep 2017

No internet on upper floors.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for the fantastic rating. We hope that you will consider YHA again for your next trip.

• England, Female, 41+
18th Aug 2017

Beautiful building. Bit cold as doors were left wide despite chill. Strange atmosphere. Great kitchen and garden. When I went to my room all beds seemed occupied so I asked in reception. They immediately came in and changed four beds although there were some possessions on all, and told me to take any! Then in night some girl came looking for her bed! They had to relocate her then. I asked if another dorm was vacant as mine was very dark but was told no, yet they relocted the other girl...

• Hong Kong, Female, 31-40
7th Aug 2017

It's far from the center, I don't have a car, so I have to walk an hour from The center. And no bus can arrive after I enjoyed the play in theatre of course. So walk in the dark wasn't really funny. By so far, other things are good!

Glad you enjoyed your stay! You can always jump in a cab if you are coming back late!

24th Jul 2017
7.4

I had a good experience at the hostel -- when I arrived I was able to upgrade to a private room, so I had no security problems. But I would have appreciated lockers if I'd been sharing a room. It's convenient to have a bar and restaurant on the premises, but the eggs at the breakfast buffet are inedible--maybe made from powder. The hostel is located a ways from the town centre. After seeing a play at the Swan, I couldn't get a cab, and the buses had quit running, so had to walk 1/2 hour.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
18th Jul 2017

The place was very picturesque, i was especially pleased with the young lass who checked us in, without needing to ask she had highlighted a map for us and explained where things were in the city centre, how far driving/walking was, good food and shopping etc, also was very knowledgable about the hostel (food prices, breakfast, surrounding area) she was efficient and made booking in a breeze! The room was fine, the light above my bed didn't work but that's the only criticism i can give.

14th Jul 2017

A great place to stay.

We're pleased that you had a great stay- thanks for sharing your thoughts with the hostelling community! Come again soon!

4th Jun 2017

Beds were a little uncomfortable, but the facilities were great. I also really enjoyed the building and grounds and the history they held. Also, the orange juice was just orange water. But the apple juice was great.

Thanks for your review and comments, it's really appreciated! Mattresses are one of those things that people have personal preferences on and many people comment that they had a great night's sleep. We're glad you liked our grand old building and its beautiful grounds. Our OJ is 100% orange juice as used in most of YHAs 150+ hostels.

• goodcommonscents
  • USA, Female, 41+
4th Jun 2017

Very nice hostel, a bit off the beaten path - 2 miles outside town, around 7.70 for a taxi, 2 lb for bus that stops just outside hostel. Pretty quiet, nice period house, comfortable lounging, great game room. Nigel rocks!

Hi, so glad you enjoyed your stay! We agree - Nigel does rock! I'm sure he'll be happy to hear your comments! Thanks for your review and ratings, we hope to see you again next time you are in England.

28th May 2017

Clean building and lovely stuff. I suppose this hostel is one of the best choices for staying in Stratford-upon-Avon. However, quite far from town center so I recommend checking bus' timetable carefully. The timetable can get at the reception.

13th Apr 2017

Very nice property, super clean and great environment. Be ready for kids, kids, kids! Students everywhere, were stacked along all hallways, stairwells and outside. Were a little loud in tyre hallways but nothing too bad. Maybe there was a group in town or maybe it's just like that all the time. Location is kinda rough bc it's pretty far from town but it's very pretty and scenic. Had to take a cab from the train station and into town.Room is awesome!!Super clean, huge and modern. Would stay again

Hi, thanks for your review! We welcome people of all ages at YHA - this includes a lot of school groups who visit for the many educational activities that Stratford has to offer. We know we are a little bit out of town, but many people enjoy the peace and tranquillity that is afforded by our location. We hope to see you again sometime soon!

×