Fabulous 290 Total Reviews
Fabulous 290 Total Reviews
YHA Taupo - Finlay Jacks Backpackers Located at 20 Taniwha Street, Taupo, Taupo.
New Zealand
Taupo 3330 20 Taniwha Street, Taupo
89% 290
-38.6840022 176.0744905
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Dec 2016

Amazing hostel! Wonderful staff super helpful. Most comfortable hostel bed I have stayed in. Kitchen a little small other than that I would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Taupo .

• China, Female, 25-30
3rd Dec 2016

We liked Taupo alot, met interesting people and made friends. The location is great, near supermarkets, restaurants and I site

• Scotland, All Female Group, 18-24
26th Nov 2016
7.4

Awesome, helpful and welcoming staff on the Saturday we arrived. Single beds in room was a nice refreshing change from the expected bunk bed experience in most hostels. Excellent location, just a short walk to town

• Malaysia, Female, 31-40
24th Nov 2016

Perfect for a backpacker stay

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
22nd Nov 2016

From the moment I was checked my Kim and Antonia, I felt like this was the hostel for me. The staff were excellent, the beds were oh so comfy, the communal areas were new with everything you could need to cook. There was a lovely BBQ area and there was upbeat music in the garden all day. There was also the cutest hostel dog I have ever seen. The only downside to my stay was that I could not extend it for longer due to my plans. Best hostel I have stated in so far. Highly would recommend!!

21st Nov 2016

Stayed in private en suite room. Room was clean and beds were pretty comfortable. Overall good value for money. Biggie was the highlight of the stay!

21st Nov 2016

One of my favourite hostels ever. The staff were all friendly and helpful, the facilities are great (one of the best hostel kitchens I've ever seen), and the rooms are really nice. I'd definitely recommend this one for anyone in Taupo.

• England, Male, 31-40
12th Nov 2016

No little spoons for me to make coffee with ... On a serious note this place is a great place too visit; get lost for a few days (weeks) and re charge the battery's plenty and as little do as you like ... 10/10

7th Nov 2016

The best thing was having the common area be a outdoor court yard, very nice gathering space.The beds were WONDERFUL, two pillows and comfortable. Very clean place and all newly remodeled. The only down fall was the lack of fridge space and food storage, there was literally no space for or groceries. Thankfully your only a block away from a store and can just shop everyday.

31st Oct 2016

Best place I've stayed at in New Zealand so far. Comfiest beds. 2 comfy pillows. A hostel puppy. What more could you ask for?