YHA Taupo Reviews

56 Kaimanawa Street, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

I had a great stay at the YHA Taupo! Everything was clean and comfortable, the kitchen was cleaned daily. The staff were very nice and helpful. I especial liked the huge lockers, they were big enough that my whole backpack fit in. There was also a nice garden with hammocks, and apparently there used to be a spa which was unfortunately closed due to vandalism.

• 3rd Mar 2014

Overall nice hostel. It's a 10-minute walk from downtown, so location is not perfect, but on the other hand the neighborhood is quiet. Wifi comes at extra cost and no lockers in room (like other YHAs), but the staff is very friendly and the accommodations are comfortable.

Incredibly clean! Loved it! Awesome kitchen, etc. Just very expensive for not having free internet or sky tv. Apart from that it was fine.

• 20th Feb 2014

The worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Had a room mate that worked there and woke the room up at all hours of the night. She thought she owned the place and acted like it. The staff were friendly. I wouldn't stay there again or recommend it.

Staff member (female) was very abrupt and rude with us - we felt unwelcome and not supported by her. Male staff member on the following day was excellent.

A bit of a trek from the main area but almost all of the hostels in Taupo are anyway. Good wooden beds (completely soundless when turning/moving around in bed at night) and as expected of YHA, kitchen and toilets/showers really clean. Wished the stairs to the rooms/reception are sheltered for the rainy days/nights there but not a big deal.

I loved staying here. The staff made me feel like I was at home and were so helpful for day trips etc. Brilliant kitchen and loved that terrace outside overlooking the rest of Taupo, met some great people. Happily stay again :)