YHA Taupo Reviews

56 Kaimanawa Street, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

Go and stay there you won't regret Love the dogs there :)

• 19th Aug 2014

Homies need to head to the states to see how to set up a tight YHA hostel yo

- internet is only for those who are a member, which sucks. In almost any other hostel you get free WiFi. Sometimes not much (20 MB), but beter then nothing at all. - location sucks. It is too far away from the city. There are hostels that are closer by. - staff could be beter. The woman didn't help me, didn't make any suggestions. - 8 dorm room was okay; you've space enough, but the beds are too low. If you the bottom bed you couldn't sit up. Very cold inside. It was even warmer outside.

In general was good, but no FREE INTERNET, and you must to pay 5 nz for a slowly connection.

We were not very pleased with our room I think it was Rm 26 a twin with en-suite it was located in a separate building its not very pleasant walking to the kitchen in the rain. Our main concern is that the floor was not clean I don't think it had seen a vacuum cleaner in a long time We noted that there was o blue piece of carpet between the 2 beds I wondered why I lifted it up there was a hole in the floor covering which it difficult to clean.Under the beds it was not clean also.

• 17th Apr 2014