YHA Taupo Reviews

56 Kaimanawa Street, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

Homies need to head to the states to see how to set up a tight YHA hostel yo

- internet is only for those who are a member, which sucks. In almost any other hostel you get free WiFi. Sometimes not much (20 MB), but beter then nothing at all. - location sucks. It is too far away from the city. There are hostels that are closer by. - staff could be beter. The woman didn't help me, didn't make any suggestions. - 8 dorm room was okay; you've space enough, but the beds are too low. If you the bottom bed you couldn't sit up. Very cold inside. It was even warmer outside.

In general was good, but no FREE INTERNET, and you must to pay 5 nz for a slowly connection.

We were not very pleased with our room I think it was Rm 26 a twin with en-suite it was located in a separate building its not very pleasant walking to the kitchen in the rain. Our main concern is that the floor was not clean I don't think it had seen a vacuum cleaner in a long time We noted that there was o blue piece of carpet between the 2 beds I wondered why I lifted it up there was a hole in the floor covering which it difficult to clean.Under the beds it was not clean also.

• 17th Apr 2014

I had a great stay at the YHA Taupo! Everything was clean and comfortable, the kitchen was cleaned daily. The staff were very nice and helpful. I especial liked the huge lockers, they were big enough that my whole backpack fit in. There was also a nice garden with hammocks, and apparently there used to be a spa which was unfortunately closed due to vandalism.

• 3rd Mar 2014

Overall nice hostel. It's a 10-minute walk from downtown, so location is not perfect, but on the other hand the neighborhood is quiet. Wifi comes at extra cost and no lockers in room (like other YHAs), but the staff is very friendly and the accommodations are comfortable.

Incredibly clean! Loved it! Awesome kitchen, etc. Just very expensive for not having free internet or sky tv. Apart from that it was fine.

• 20th Feb 2014