YHA Te Anau

8.8
Fabulous 434 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
21st Feb 2017

The beds were the comfiest I've been in since I left home 4 months ago, the kitchen was spotless and there was plenty of room to sit and relax outside of your own room. The only downfall is that there aren't many toilets or showers downstairs, but other than that everything was perfect. I wish I could have stayed longer.

7th Feb 2017

Pretty good place, would stay again. Nothing extraordinary, but everything was very clean, staff was on-point, and people were pretty friendly. Center of town isn't far away at all, and it's a two-minute walk to the lake.

10th Jan 2017

Clean hostel with a great carbon footprint ethic. The place was clean and well maintained and it was very peaceful - reminded me of staying on a country farm. The only slight issue was there were not many toilets and showers available.

Hi there, It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay, we're certainly a little different from the city hostels! Thanks also for noticing our environmental efforts. We put a lot of work in to minimizing our carbon footprint and have been recognized by Qualmark with an Enviro Gold Star rating and, more recently, we became the first backpacker network in the world to receive the CarboNZero certificate. We hope you continue to enjoy your travels. Kind Regards, Joshua Keeble, Assistant Manager

5th Jan 2017

Great location. Ideal.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
5th Jan 2017

I was in an 8 bed female dorm and found it very clean and comfortable. I really appreciated that the cupboards where you can store your things each have two power plugs and two USB plugs. Fantastic for getting all of my electronics charged! The kitchen is also extremely well equipped.

31st Dec 2016

Great hostel for both individual travelers and families. This YHA had the cleanest kitchen facilities during our stay in NZ. Staff were friendly and helped out with some good sightseeing tips outside of Milford Sound. Only critique would be that the front door is always left open during the day time, meaning anyone could just walk into the common rooms and kitchen. But other than that, we had a great stay.

• kimberleyhade7158
  • Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
30th Dec 2016

Good location and very clean facilities. Excellent kitchen too. Perfect place to stay before starting the Kepler Track. Would highly recommend!

28th Dec 2016

Staff was very nice. Wifi was great. Great location too.

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
26th Dec 2016

Clean, place to store lugage for free, good wifi. I enjoyed my stay.

26th Dec 2016

If you're staying in the town center, this hostel is perfectly located just a couple minutes walk away. The kitchen is spacious and fully equipped with nice seating areas and the staff friendly. My only complaint is that there wasn't any hot water in the evening when I went to take a shower. It's the ONE thing I want after a day trekking in the cold, but alas an icy shower it was. I waited until morning hoping it'd be better, but sadly the water temp was luke warm at best.