YHA Te Anau Reviews

29 Mokonui Street, Te Anau, New Zealand

There is not much to say.... It's just a very good stay, nice people, nice little city, nice everything. Nice clean rooms.

Nothing negative to say! A very chill hostel with good facilities and walking distance to almost anything in town with free wifi! Should I come back To New Zealand I will be looking to stay here again.

Very poor refund policy; they just took our money and recited their policy. Had some unexpected weather on Milford Track which led to us being unable to contact or cancel our rooms for the night as the road shut down and Milford Lodge's landline went out. When asking for a refund, the manager just recited their policy. This is poor customer service and unfortunately gave me a bad impression of YHA in general.

• 21st Oct 2015

Good place, lots of one or two night visiters checking out Milford Sound, at least in winter. Free Wifi, hot showers. No complaints

Not a bad hostel, it's a bit quiet but the whole of Te Anau is so can't really hold that against the hostel. Staff are great, especially Mel. Loads of dvds to watch. Rooms are quite big, with good beds and heating. Kitchen has everything you need. Locks on doors are a bit annoying but overall a good hostel.

Very efficient and clean hostel. The atmosphere is not all there but it's winter.

Mel was so helpful when we were trying to get our Milford Sound trip and and other arrangements. She went above and beyond.

All around good experience, but it was a little difficult to find at night!

• 29th Jun 2015

A good and clean hostel, with free wifi and a lovely fireplace to warm you up! It is perhaps a little on the expensive side compared to hostels in other areas I have stayed in that have provided a little more. However, it is in a good location and is a well thought out and nice enough hostel. Unfortunately, the atmosphere of the hostel for me was ruined by some other rude and unfriendly guests staying but aside from that I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend to anyone staying in Te Anau.

staff was friendly, room was sufficiently warm in early winter.