YHA Tunis Auberge Medina Reviews

25 rue Saida Ajoula, Tunis, Tunis, Tunisia

Polite staff, friendly and approachable. Excellent and fast WIFI. Cleanliness was adequate, location was good, Hot showers would top off the place perfectly if it where made available.

Very friendly staff.

I arrived at the said hotel to be told that my travel mate was not allowed to stay. the reason being given was that he was tunisian and he was not welcome. after a lengthy conversation we were issued a room with 2 single beds. I didnt say anything although i had paid for a 4 bed bedroom and paid the 4 bedroom price. We decided then to go have dinner in the hotel. the manager appeared at the table after a bit and said my friend wasnt welcome as he was a security risk and he suggested we were t

Staff is very nice although the place doesn't have hot showers. The internet is pretty good and the medina is relatively safe during daylight hours.

• 9th May 2014

1) Toilette in the first floor really disgusting. Nobody went to clean it. The housekeeper, instead to clean, she was sleeping in the kitchen. 2) shower, with cold water (it can pass), but NO way about the igenic conditions. (in cambodia, where the lifestyle can be compared with Tunisia, you pay 5USD with great breakfast, amazing rooms, clean, and aircondition), in this hostel you paid a lot of money 3) i slept in a place where the housekeeper didn't change the sheets or pillow cover and nobo

• 2nd May 2014

The rooms need to be cleaned more often. The toilets need to be cleaned in a daily basis. The showers should work. I think its out of the question to pay and not be able to have a proper bath.

First the good things, really friendly and helpful lady in the morning shift. The place has a cool atmosphere, the building itself is a gem. However, because of this it is also quite crumbly and could do with a touch of paint. The showers did not have hot water and the toilets had a strange smell. The hostel itself is in the middle of a souk, which is cool but gets quite dark after 8pm. I did not experience any hassle personally but I dont think risking it is a good idea.

From all very hostelling international, YHA Tunis is great place to meet travellers and to hang around with locals. With helpful staff makes you feel likes home. The hostel event allows me to store my luggage for a week after I check out from the hostel.

Very tricky to find! You will be dropped of at the Port du France by the taxi which is the entrance to the medina with a distinctive large btrick arch. Walk up the cobbled path that is slightly to the right - rue de kasba. After about 7 minutes there will be a steep incline - half way up this on the right you will see a road with three distinctive red advertising signs - that's the road you want!!!