YHA Tunis Auberge Medina Reviews

25 rue Saida Ajoula, Tunis, Tunis, Tunisia

A great price (15TD or 7.50US$ including breakfast of bread and coffee). It wasn't busy so they gave me a single room for the same price. Very atmospheric building in the medina - which is possibly the most vibrant souq I have ever experienced completely by ^:30 completely abandoned. WiFi was a bit erratic and you had to pay for it (5TD for all 6 days I stayed). The staff were pleasant and helpful - only the main fellow spoke reasonable English. No kitchen but they made hot water for me.

It was nice of one of the staff to meet me outside the old medina to get to the hostel otherwise it is confusing in the old street building It was a group of South Korean student making noise otherwise it was Ok Poor breackfast Whowers and toilets need attention

The receptionist charged us 10TND for a map and prospects which he got for free from the tourist office. Not a nice gesture too rip off your guests!

The hostel imposed us many restrictions. The worst one is that we cannot hang our clothes on the window, which made our clothes difficult to dry

• 8th Nov 2015
  • Japan

Hostel needs a makeover of electric/plumbing, but that will be taken care of. I enjoyed the helpful staff,especially monsieur monier !!

We had a "private" room... Not so private but this is Africa! The staff was very helpful and the atmosphere was great!

No swimming pool as advertised. Basic accommodation but a traditional Tunisian style. Great value for your money and hospitality was fantastic as we was invited to join in with a family wedding party.