YHA Tunis Auberge Medina Reviews

25 rue Saida Ajoula, Tunis, Tunis, Tunisia

Very tricky to find! You will be dropped of at the Port du France by the taxi which is the entrance to the medina with a distinctive large btrick arch. Walk up the cobbled path that is slightly to the right - rue de kasba. After about 7 minutes there will be a steep incline - half way up this on the right you will see a road with three distinctive red advertising signs - that's the road you want!!!

• 1st Apr 2014

Awesome hotel. The Staff was SO GREAT! It can be a little complicated to find the first time, but then it gets easier and it's in a GREAT location (right near the big market). Be careful at night though, as I was told by more than one person the area can get seedy. Get back by 8pm. It's a stunning building, very authentic and the staff was really caring. The bathroom was not the greatest, but for the price, location, beauty of the building and great staff, this place can't be beat. I'll be back!

The hostel is comfortable and there is a magic atmosphere it seems to go back in the time , the decorations are very nice and the place is suggestive . As to the staff it is professional and they are very kind and available . the price is cheap . We hope that we can come back again in future . It was a pleasure to meet you.

NO DOUBT IT IS A BEAUTIFUL BUILDING in a wonderful position. Generally the staff were helpful and I was able to leave my luggage there while I went off exploring up north in Bizerte. It was quite cold though as I stayed in January and it would have been nice to have a heater in the 'common room'. It is such an amazing building I think the staff should do a 'potted' history of the hostel for visitors.

Very few facitilies, e.g. no lockers. The hostel had no 24 hour reception so no one was there to open when I arrived around 1 am.

without hteating in the winter i coul not sleep there it was so cold otherwise a beaififul auberge