YHA Wanaka Purple Cow Reviews

94 Brownston Street, Wanaka, Wanaka, New Zealand

Nice stay. Best view i have ever seen, Oh my God :D. it's just a very nice stay, very helpful staff, nice a glean good location. I was very happy.

I love love loved this hostel! Super massive kitchen with great utilities (even a bread maker if you're feeling fancy!) And the staff are amazing! They were always super happy and ready to help. I got amazing vibes from this hostel and met cool people everynight!

Nice little rooms, no towels included or mentioned of but all the basic facilities. wish I'd discovered the common room of the kitchen before the end as on a rainy day I'd rather sit in there than my room. nice big kitchen facilities too

Close to everything. Bedrooms and bathroom are small but adequate. A bit noisy on Sunday morning when people wandered in drunk but otherwise no complaints. Staff really friendly and helpful. Would recommend.

Wifi only worked in communal areas. lots of space to chill out, easy walk to town, kitchen has all amenities you could ask for. Overall very happy.

Great location, Great staff, Great Wood Burner!

Awesome hostel with amazing views in the morning. Great common area and comfortable beds. I'd stay here again if I was in Wanaka.

such an amazing hostel! we got the double private room which turned out to have lake views and was roomy with an ensuite! was better than most hotels! loved it. great atmosphere, great kitchen/ fireplace/ outdoor area. staff were great and place was clean. loved it. wish we had stayed longer!

A very well run and high standard hostel, probably one of the best I have stayed at in NZ. It certainly has the best view of any I have stayed at, the view from the fire across the lake is a good enough reason to stay. Thanks for having me.

Excellent hostel

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Waking up and seeing THAT view every morning was amazing! I would highly recommend.

Fantastic hostel! A large clean kitchen with great facilities! Nice communal area with pool table, seating area and fire! Bedroom was nice with a light at each bed - so handy! Friendly and welcoming staff!

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

We really loved staying at the purple cow.

Lovely place, lovely view, great place to relax and meet new people.

• 7th Jun 2015