YHA Wanaka Purple Cow Reviews

94 Brownston Street, Wanaka, Wanaka, New Zealand

Great location, Great staff, Great Wood Burner!

Awesome hostel with amazing views in the morning. Great common area and comfortable beds. I'd stay here again if I was in Wanaka.

such an amazing hostel! we got the double private room which turned out to have lake views and was roomy with an ensuite! was better than most hotels! loved it. great atmosphere, great kitchen/ fireplace/ outdoor area. staff were great and place was clean. loved it. wish we had stayed longer!

A very well run and high standard hostel, probably one of the best I have stayed at in NZ. It certainly has the best view of any I have stayed at, the view from the fire across the lake is a good enough reason to stay. Thanks for having me.

Excellent hostel

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Waking up and seeing THAT view every morning was amazing! I would highly recommend.

Fantastic hostel! A large clean kitchen with great facilities! Nice communal area with pool table, seating area and fire! Bedroom was nice with a light at each bed - so handy! Friendly and welcoming staff!

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

We really loved staying at the purple cow.

Lovely place, lovely view, great place to relax and meet new people.

• 7th Jun 2015

The kitchen and common area were great. The location was also really nice- close to the lake. I would definitely recommend this place.

Loved the view, the fire place and the tv room with daily movie projection. Too bad they don't let the cat in, she's lovely. :)

Had a spacious room to stay at, with an extra bathroom. I just have to complain about the shower, if you got thick hair it will take you hours of powerless showering. Staff was nice, kitchen was clean and big enough for everyone. Nice view over the lake and the mountains from the dinning area, but not enough space to sit for everyone.

It was great, we enjoyed our stay with our 2 years old. Warm comfortable room