YHA Wanaka Purple Cow Reviews

94 Brownston Street, Wanaka, Wanaka, New Zealand

Excellent hostel - great kitchen, one of the best hostels that I've stayed in

Very clean, great location.

I've been backpacking for almost 10 month and this of the best hostels I've stayed in. Clean and welcoming, great facilities, friendly staff, location excellent.

Gorgeous views, I don't remember lockers being available though.

Everything is good. But the internet is only available in the first floor. I think it's a little inconvenient for me.

I loved my stay at purple cow and definilitly will be back :)

• 18th Aug 2014

Great facilities, the three person rooms were perfect with the bathroom and living room attached, really good value. Staff was super helpful and Wanaka is a great base for so many different activities.

No free WiFi..... Pritty standard in hostels these days, other wise great!

Lovely hostel, very clean, nice homey feel.

• 30th Jul 2014

Awesome chill place, good facilities and stuff to do if you like board games and pool, free wifi has really good speed and coverage but you need your own computer. Beds are good, rooms are clean and warm, kitchen was really good too.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Purple cow is a really nice hostel and with clean, well organised rooms. The staff were very helpful and I would highly recommend yha to any visitors to Wanaka.

• 13th Jul 2014

We loved this hostel! A great atmosphere of friendly travellers taking advantage of the ski opportunities. Perfect location right one the lake, easy walking distance in town. The three bed rooms are a bit wanting for space but there are common areas shared by two rooms. We would highly recommend this hostel!

• 23rd Jun 2014