YHA Wanaka Purple Cow Reviews

94 Brownston Street, Wanaka, Wanaka, New Zealand

Staff were very accommodating and super friendly. Great location and facilities, free unlimited wifi is a huge bonus. Comfy beds and spotless toilets :) Thank you for an enjoyable stay :)

• 26th Jan 2015

Good hostel. Lovely view of the lake n mountains,big kitchen, nice comfy to room with movies on a night was my favourite bit of the hostel.

• 11th Jan 2015

We stayed in a twin room with ensuite and was pleasantly surprised at how well maintained and clean it was. The windows were low, and as the room is one the ground floor I couldn't leave the room with the window open - not a big deal in winter, but we were there at the height of summer!

• 9th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Lovely clean hostel not far from the waterfront. free wifi a bonus. spacious rooms, although the dorm i was in got very hot in the sun with only a sky light for ventilation.

Stayed here for one night, good location quite easy to find. Hostel was very clean and had a good sized kitchen. Free wifi and a good sized tv room with a nightly movie. Free games and comfortable rooms, would defiantly stay again.

Amazing views and location! Lakefront view right near all the action. Beautiful room.

• 22nd Dec 2014

2 mins from the lake. Nice hostel. My room was in a chalet type building at the back. Quiet and clean.

Excellent hostel - great kitchen, one of the best hostels that I've stayed in

Very clean, great location.

I've been backpacking for almost 10 month and this of the best hostels I've stayed in. Clean and welcoming, great facilities, friendly staff, location excellent.

Gorgeous views, I don't remember lockers being available though.

Everything is good. But the internet is only available in the first floor. I think it's a little inconvenient for me.

I loved my stay at purple cow and definilitly will be back :)

• 18th Aug 2014

Great facilities, the three person rooms were perfect with the bathroom and living room attached, really good value. Staff was super helpful and Wanaka is a great base for so many different activities.

No free WiFi..... Pritty standard in hostels these days, other wise great!