YHA Wanaka Purple Cow Reviews

94 Brownston Street, Wanaka, Wanaka, New Zealand

great kitchen

Spent only one night- but the room was clean and the hostel has amazing views of Lake Wanaka. Such a beautiful spot. I also loved the kitchen- really big and lots of space to cook! I do wish they had some coffee on hand!

Nice clean kitchen. Great location. What more could you ask for!

I stayed in a 6 bed dorm with private bathroom and kitchen. Really liked it. Also movies every night is a lovely idea. Great location with views of lake and mountains. Atmosphere was not really nice but I guess the hostel can't do anything about people staring at their phones and computers all the time.

Happy with Hostel

It is luxury hostel, the dorm with ensuite and small kitchen. The dining room is opposite to the lake, no need to go to lakeside.

Fantastic location, you can view the lake and the mountains from the living area which is large and spacious. Very relaxed atmosphere. Its close to shops, bars and restaurants! Laundry facilities with outdoor washing line. Kitchen was fantastic. It was well equipped! Movie room with organised choice of dvd every night. Staff were so helpful and welcoming! I would come back to this hostel again!! We loved it!

Good wifi, great views of the lake, comfy beds, big kitchen, helpful staff.

Awesome backpacker, will definitely come back. Love the kitchen and dining area.

Best. Hostel. Ever!! I absolutely loved Wanaka and this hostel was fantastic. Great staff. Beauriful view of lake and mountains. Free WIFI. Thank you! My only suggestion would be to add lockers to room, please.

Nice hostel in great location. Rooms were comfy and peaceful. Atmosphere was a bit quiet but I didn't mind that.

This was by far the best hostel my friend and I have stayed in whilst travelling around New Zealand. The staff were helpful, the kitchen was big and the room was big with it's own bathroom.The view was amazing from the dining area!! Loved the town too! A beautiful place!!

Excellent place in Wanaka. I stayed 3 nights here and really enjoyed myself.

Very clean and organized hostel. We loved it here. It has a huge kitchen with about 4 stoves, 2 ovens, and 4 sinks which was great. The hostel also has an amazing view right out the front window. Highly recommend this hostel!

Loved this hostel! Fantastic location with views of the lake and mountains and lots of great places to hang out and eat nearby. Staff was wonderful and I met tons of amazing people. Also lots of great hikes in the area so it's great for either relaxing or a more active stay.

Great hostel all round, loved it here. Only minor thing is not enough toilets / showers for number of guests but no big deal really. Would definitely recommend it here.

Super clean & cosy hostel that overlooks Lake Wanaka. The location of the place is close to everything you need (coffee, supermarket, bars.) The staff were super helpful and the facilities and all were all in clean nick. Would highly recommend. Sunset next to the Lake is a must! Yew!

I thought it was an amazing place! miss it and wanna go back already

Favorite hostel so far. Felt at home and staff was really cool.

Nice stay. Best view i have ever seen, Oh my God :D. it's just a very nice stay, very helpful staff, nice a glean good location. I was very happy.