YHA Wanaka Purple Cow Reviews

94 Brownston Street, Wanaka, Wanaka, New Zealand

The kitchen and common area were great. The location was also really nice- close to the lake. I would definitely recommend this place.

Loved the view, the fire place and the tv room with daily movie projection. Too bad they don't let the cat in, she's lovely. :)

Had a spacious room to stay at, with an extra bathroom. I just have to complain about the shower, if you got thick hair it will take you hours of powerless showering. Staff was nice, kitchen was clean and big enough for everyone. Nice view over the lake and the mountains from the dinning area, but not enough space to sit for everyone.

It was great, we enjoyed our stay with our 2 years old. Warm comfortable room

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

Nice hostel in the heart of Wanaka, with great facilities to make your stay there even more enjoyable - did I really see a rice cooker and bread maker in the kitchen?! Great lounge with a lovely view and a modern tv room. The location is also very central and the Wifi was free. Way to go YHA!

Couldn't really fault this place. Had everything I needed, free parking, great staff, it was clean and comfortable and I met great people here. It's close to town and there is free unlimited Wi-Fi - great improvement after checking out of the disgraceful Base hostel nearby.

What a wonderful cozy hostel! Very welcoming atmosphere with an excellent location right in front of the lake! Definitely recommend this place!

My first experience of staying in a town based hostel in NZ and my best so far. It will be hard to beat. The kitchen facilities are absolutely unbeatable - large, clean, well equipped. Dorms with private bathrooms make things so much easier. Staff helpful. Generally excellent. Would very happily go back again.

Lovely place. I think the staff were overworked.

Great stay. Comfortable,clean room. Large kitchen kept clean and with good storage and preparation workspace. Great communal areas with lakeside views. Staff friendly and efficient.

Lovely clean and friendly hostel in a great location in Central Wanaka. Only thing was a slightly weak shower but having spoken to other guests I think that was only my room. Would stay here again definitely.

I really was quite happy with the whole stay. The kitchen was fantastic, really up to date and plenty of room for food, people and hot skillets. The front eating area was cozy and we meet some great people. It rained during our night there but the TV room was big, full of people to hang out. Not to mention the view from the front over the Lake and park was pretty amazing. The rooms were good. Our bathroom had the best shower-head; it felt great after a long day of trekking.

Excellent hostel! Located opposite to Wanaka lake so you will have the best view from hostel's dinning room with beautiful landscapes. The room is spacious with a lot of shelves to put your items on. Kitchen is large so you don't have to come back early from your trip in order to cook your dinner. Intecity bus stops in front of the hostel. Best hostel in Wanaka!

Great hostel, the kitchen was one of the best hostel kitchens I have ever seen, was really well stocked and has so many cooking facilities that there was no problem cooking even around prime dinner time. Location is not quite on the water but is close enough that you could easily walk there within a couple minutes. Really close to the main grocery store which was great and the bathroom was really nice and clean. Would definitely recommend it.

Staff were very accommodating and super friendly. Great location and facilities, free unlimited wifi is a huge bonus. Comfy beds and spotless toilets :) Thank you for an enjoyable stay :)

• 26th Jan 2015

Good hostel. Lovely view of the lake n mountains,big kitchen, nice comfy to room with movies on a night was my favourite bit of the hostel.

• 11th Jan 2015

We stayed in a twin room with ensuite and was pleasantly surprised at how well maintained and clean it was. The windows were low, and as the room is one the ground floor I couldn't leave the room with the window open - not a big deal in winter, but we were there at the height of summer!

• 9th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Lovely clean hostel not far from the waterfront. free wifi a bonus. spacious rooms, although the dorm i was in got very hot in the sun with only a sky light for ventilation.

Stayed here for one night, good location quite easy to find. Hostel was very clean and had a good sized kitchen. Free wifi and a good sized tv room with a nightly movie. Free games and comfortable rooms, would defiantly stay again.

Amazing views and location! Lakefront view right near all the action. Beautiful room.

• 22nd Dec 2014