YHA Wellington City Reviews

292 Wakefield St, (Cnr Cambridge Tce), Wellington, New Zealand

First YHA I've stayed at where they won't store your luggage at checkout. Disappointing. Good stay otherwise.

Awesome stay, no problems at all. Good value for money

• 20th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Would suit large groups and parties

Hands down, the best Hostel I have stayed at throughout all of my travels, and I have been around Australia, NZ, Korea, England, France, Germany, Italy, and the U.S.

I stayed in a private room - second time here. I though everything was at a very good standard except my room was very warm during the day and it was difficult to air out. Common areas could do with a little more lounge space in the evenings

Very impressed, thank you

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Not as good as most YHA hostels, but still not that bad

Great location, good facilities.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

awesome location. not super young backpacker friendly though, a quieter atmosphere.

I was a little apprehensive about staying here expecting to find many young party goers but I was pleasantly surprised to find a really good mix of people who were very respectful. The hostel is very big but well maintained excellent security, lockers in rooms and helpful staff. The hostel has day and night cleaners so the hostel is always well maintained and 2 spacious kitchens and a recycling system.

Good central position though a little expensive. Only criticisum was noise, great play is made of YHA's green credentials but this means an enormous fan tower directly outside top floor windows making a loud hum 24 hours a day.

Got a room to myself. Clean and all good. Room was very hot and YHA isn't much fun if your looking to party

Great location, clean room, free wifi and friendly staff. A minor downside was that the room got really hot.

• 27th Jan 2015

This place is nice, but the rooms are so hot at night. It's pretty unbearable. I was in the 6-bed dorm so I can't say if any of the other rooms are any better. Other than that, the place is very nice. The kitchen is good size and there's great, free wifi. Awesome location and the staff is very nice!

Really good hostel to stay at in Wellington, so close to everything you need, staff are all really helpful and friendly.

runs well for a large set up. staff was helpful when we had a scare of our stuff "missing." great spot close to all the hot spots downtown

Very well situated, clean, with quite a large rooms. Very helpful and nice staff at the reception.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Poland

Great location, comfortable double room. Clean facilities. Very well equipped kitchen. Free wifi during our stay! Great hostel, worth the few extra dollars.

YHA has some better hostels (Rotorua was my favorite). This is a good hostel but because of how massive it is, it doesn't have the same feel as a smaller hostel. Decent cooking facilities and the rooms are basic. I'd go somewhere more personable next time so I could meet more people.

i thought that the kitchen smelled like a petting zoo, and there was hardly any room for my food in their fridge. i did however think the beds were comfy and the laundry was really cheap (NZD5.00) which is always a plus. probably won't be staying at the yha again and not sure if i will want to try out any of the other yha's