YHA Wellington City Reviews

292 Wakefield St, (Cnr Cambridge Tce), Wellington, New Zealand

Very impressed, thank you

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Not as good as most YHA hostels, but still not that bad

Great location, good facilities.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

awesome location. not super young backpacker friendly though, a quieter atmosphere.

Good central position though a little expensive. Only criticisum was noise, great play is made of YHA's green credentials but this means an enormous fan tower directly outside top floor windows making a loud hum 24 hours a day.

Got a room to myself. Clean and all good. Room was very hot and YHA isn't much fun if your looking to party

Great location, clean room, free wifi and friendly staff. A minor downside was that the room got really hot.

• 27th Jan 2015

This place is nice, but the rooms are so hot at night. It's pretty unbearable. I was in the 6-bed dorm so I can't say if any of the other rooms are any better. Other than that, the place is very nice. The kitchen is good size and there's great, free wifi. Awesome location and the staff is very nice!

Really good hostel to stay at in Wellington, so close to everything you need, staff are all really helpful and friendly.

runs well for a large set up. staff was helpful when we had a scare of our stuff "missing." great spot close to all the hot spots downtown

Very well situated, clean, with quite a large rooms. Very helpful and nice staff at the reception.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Poland

Great location, comfortable double room. Clean facilities. Very well equipped kitchen. Free wifi during our stay! Great hostel, worth the few extra dollars.

YHA has some better hostels (Rotorua was my favorite). This is a good hostel but because of how massive it is, it doesn't have the same feel as a smaller hostel. Decent cooking facilities and the rooms are basic. I'd go somewhere more personable next time so I could meet more people.

i thought that the kitchen smelled like a petting zoo, and there was hardly any room for my food in their fridge. i did however think the beds were comfy and the laundry was really cheap (NZD5.00) which is always a plus. probably won't be staying at the yha again and not sure if i will want to try out any of the other yha's

The YHA was clean and well taken care of. My room faced another buildinf and you could hear the sounds of an annoying industrial fan coming from next door pretty loudly. It seemed like most people staying there were over the age of 50 and tons of kids on field trips. I didn't meet anyone cool to hang out with so that was a bummer but the hostel itself is in a good area and fine if you need a place to crash.

Clean, super convenient location, free WiFi, good facilities. I'd recommend this place to any backpacker visiting Wellington.

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in, and I've been to a lot! Quiet, clean, very friendly and helpful staff, great location and facilities... I highly recommend YHA to anybody traveling through Wellington!

YHA was good for a weekend stay but I wouldn't have liked to stay much longer. The shower was pretty bad, switched from warm to cold throughout a 5 minute shower, never got hot. When they say check out is 10am, they mean it. No 5-10 minute grace period.

• 24th Oct 2014

great hostel with good facilities and friendly staff

Considering I booked a "mixed" dorm by mistake & ended up with a male who truly snored all night no matter how many times I woke him up!!!!! Certainly not your fault, I have stayed there before & will certainly be back. Thanks for your help. Cheers Biddy