YHA Wellington City Reviews

292 Wakefield St, (Cnr Cambridge Tce), Wellington, New Zealand

I'm a repeat YHA Wellington person and that's where I tell everyone else to stay. That speaks for itself.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is conveniently located, a short walk from the path to Mt. Victoria, Te Papa Museum, and a lot of nice restaurants, bars and shops. Even though it's a big hostel, it was always perfectly quiet and the bathrooms and bedroom were very clean. Great staff; very helpful. Only complaint was the lack of air conditioning in the room. It was hot, with only a small window and fan. Maybe not the best during the hot summer months if you can't sleep in the heat.

I love that the hostel is centrally located and next to heaps of bars and restaurants. The rooms were SUPER clean! Our 4-bed mixed dorm had its own ensuite bathroom with a shower big enough for 2, which was a plus. Wink wink :). The WiFi was free and SUPER fast, which made it easy for me to talk to my Grandma :). The communal kitchen was SUPER nice and had a really good vibe. I didn't like that I had to pay to lock up my bags after check-out. Overall, this hostel was on point!

• 1st Feb 2016

I was kept awake most of the night by a drunken guest trying to sing. He was loud. I mentioned it to reception on my way out. I don't know how many staff are on at night, but am suggesting a sweep of each floor is done perhaps hourly, to keep unruly guests ruining it for others of all ages.

• 31st Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

The location is fantastic and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Thumbs up!

Loved it! Very friendly!

• 26th Jan 2016

This is a perfectly positioned hostel, right near the harbour and prime location to all the bars and cafes that you'd need. The rooms are a good size and the ensuite was great.would definitely stay here again

• 24th Jan 2016

If you are taking the Blue Ridge Cook Strait Ferry or the train into town this hostel is a little ways from either (about 20 minutes walking). However, the hostel is very close to a New World grocery store and a street with some bars and restaurants on it. The hostel was in great shape, and the night that I arrived there were tons of people hanging out in the large kitchen area talking and preparing to go out for the night, so it seemed like a very social place. Overall my room was nice!

Front desk was friendly, rooms are clean. Pretty typical YHA. Having two kitchens was a good move, and the location was near-perfect, a mere two blocks from all the shops and museums. Even better, the grocery store was directly across the street.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in! Staff were friendly, great kitchen facilities and lounge areas. Wish dorm room had more outlets, kind of hard to charge my phone. Otherwise everything was great.

Staff gave us faulty advice about the Inter-islander shuttle.

Brilliant hostel, great location and facilities very impressed :)

It was the first time for me to stay in a hostel and it was a very good experience. Good location and nice service. But not very quiet at night.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • China

Lovely hostel with great facilities! Helpful staff and brilliant location

This is a big hostel, but located perfectly to everything in the city! Room was spacious and clean, and bathrooms were great with hooks, a shelf and even hair dryers in the ladies. Big kitchen and area was great, but maybe too big to really meet people here. As with all YHAs, lots of groups and families which takes away from the small personal hostel, but all in all a great stay! Also, you have to pay to use lockers if you need to store luggage after check out, which was a shame.

Good for a night stay. Probably wouldn't want longer there

• 23rd Dec 2015

Fantastic hostel for travellers.m, has everything you need and more. Great options for bedding arrangements from private to shared dorms. Cleanest bathroom facilities I've seen in a long time, sparkling! The GHD and hairdryer fixed in the shared bathroom was appreciated and a great idea! Not a party hostel, but people are friendly and cheery. Nice to know you'll he a good night sleep, instead of loud guests at all hours of the day or night. Would recommend highly!

An excellent hostel with friendly and helpful staff where I had to have many days stay due to waiting on my ferry booking. I'd not booked new years night which was booked up well in advance but Yara was very kind to look out for a bed and found me one at the last minute; she's the best and thank you so much for that!! Two kitchens, free WiFi, TV room, and big lounges plus comfy beds. One of my favourite hostel stays well done yha :)

Its a clean hostel, located in the center of the city but next to a big road, so its very noisy during the day if you have one of the rooms with the windows to the street. Nevertheless i was able to sleep well at night without earplugs. The wifi is free but didnt work well at the room. Its a big hostel so there are a lot of people in the common area. Especially during the rush hours at breakfast and dinner time its sometimes not easy to find a free table, although they have a lot of space.

Great location, very clean, FREE WIFI!, professional staff. Like most of the big hostels I've stayed at in NZ, I think it tends to be a bit harder for a single traveler to meet people at a large place like this but despite this, I had great dorm mates and enjoyed everyone I met there. Across the street from a supermarket which was really nice. Highly recommended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3