YHA Wellington City Reviews

292 Wakefield St, (Cnr Cambridge Tce), Wellington, New Zealand

Bathrooms are only 2 toilets and 2 showers per floor. And located sometimes far from the room. No outlets near any beds so you can't charge your phone and use it as an alarm at the same time. Wifi was very weak

I'm only giving it a bad score for value because I spent $70 NZ and the room, although private, was not really worth that much. So was a little disappointed but overall this is a great spot to meet people and make new friends. The hostel tries really hard to get everyone talking and sharing. Great job on all that you!

The only way this hostel could have been better would have been if they had a 24 hour reception.

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Norway

this is a safe and convenient place to stay in wellington. it has everything a traveller needs and some extra daily program, too. very well organised. friendly and helpful staff. the 6$-breakfast is really nice. it's not so cosy, but very convenient.

BAD BAD WIFI // rooms are getting very hot, we had the window open all the time and tried to get some fresh air by opening the door and pulling some fresh air into the room via the ventilator, but nothing worked really out // but: it was cleaner than I expected for such a big hostel!

I stayed in a 4-bed room with ensuite bathroom. Room was very spacious and bathroom clean. The hostel is located very centrally and the kitchen and lounge area were pretty big. Receptionists were always very helpful and nice. The only drawback, which is unfortunately bit a big one if you´re staying there longer: It is extremely noisy! I stayed on floor 6 and the strong breeze and its noise woke me up several times. Also, the firestation is just opposite. However, I guess I would stay there again

Fantastic location, friendly and helpful staff, wonderful communal areas

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Wales

Good kitchens, excellent recreation rooms, good sized rooms, very clean and tidy, furnishings in good repair but the seating in reception needs replacing or re upholstering.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

really enjoyed our stay, clean tidy, great service from behind the desk, will definitely stay again, regards carol

• 21st Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

This has got to be the cleanest hostel I've ever been too! Very large hostel, top location, top facilities, very clean and well maintained building, a very flash place, more like an apartment. I really liked the common areas and the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. The 10-day maximum stay rule is a negative though - the consequence of that is lack of a social atmosphere due to the lack of core long-term stay people you'd normally find in a hostel.

Great clean kitchens with lots of space for storing food and cooking. Big clean and quiet rooms. Close enough to everything except maybe the blue bridge ferry terminal when you have big bags to carry! New world right opposite though and good bars, cinema and bus stops within a few minutes walk. Free WiFi. Quite expensive but about the same as everywhere else in Wellington and much nicer than the other hostel I stayed in there for the same price.

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Wales

Best hostel I have been to.

It was a very good place to stay, close to Te Papa and with the New World and Domino's just around the corner, also worked well with the bad weather ;)

Great place to stay . Staff very helpful and knowledgable.

Booked a private, which was a nice room. Great wifi and kitchen.

Staff here are great and really helpful. Location is very central. Parking limited. I stayed in a single room with a shared bathroom. First room looked out onto construction happening at the outside of the building. They were quick to change me to a better room. Overall I had a great time, despite the 4.4 earthquake that happened while there which slightly freaked me out.

The best hostel I have ever stayed in!

• 21st Oct 2015

Really nice and clean place. Helpful staff. Rooms were fine and a lot of space! Really good hostel to stay!

The size of the rooms is pretty good.

It was kind of assumed by the staff that we knew what we were doing - it took us ages to work out the lockers - we werent told anything excpt -they are just around there' the pillows were FLAT!

• 10th Oct 2015