YHA Windermere

Superb 194 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 194 Total Reviews

12th Sep 2017

Amazing atmos of the dining area and lounge. Most other travelers I have seen there all had their own cars and for a very good reason. The road is really dark and there isn't a single light there. It happened to me that I returned a little later from my nearby walks (i.e. there is a nice public path slightly up with nice view over the lake) and within minutes it will be pitch black, becoming worse by all the trees. And this was during early September when it started to get dark around 7PM.

• USA, Female, 25-30
12th Sep 2017

I had a wonderful stay at yha. The staff was friendly and the views from the hostel were absolutely beautiful. It was a bit out of the way from the two main cities (though there was a bus about a 15 - 20 mim walk down the hill). Other than the distance, I highly recommend!

• England, Female, 41+
25th Aug 2017
7.7

Compared to others this hostel was rather cramped, and the kitchen was not well equipped. The location was good (as long as you had transport). The staff were extremely supportive and knowledgable when l tripped and scalded my arm in the kitchen.

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2017

I had a wonderful stay at YHA Windermere. My only problem was that the hostel was actually a 15minute walk up a road from Troutbeck Bridge and not in Windermere itself. This did however lead to some absolutely stunning views! The room was clean with a bathroom in the female dorm meaning that there was a single sex bathroom facility as well! The staff were very helpful (offering to lock my laptop in heir office in the absence of a padlock) and the self catering facilities where handy!

30th Jul 2017

Great views, great breakfast, but staff needs training. Be sure to ask for a receipt when you pay for your room--I was asked to pay again twenty minutes after I had already settled my bill. THere were more difficulties at breakfast the next day when it couldn't be confirmed that I had paid for breakfast. The view from the dining room is fantastic, and the place is ideally situated for an exploration of the beautiful Troutbeck Valley.

13th Jun 2017

The location is quite far. You have to walk up the hill about 20min with your luggage. The scenery is amazing tho. Taxi costed me £8 from windermere stn, so if you are more than 2, I'd recommend to take a cab for sure. The scenery from the patio was BEAUTIFUL. The wifi worked well in the room, the room was with bathroom (the light was broken but it was bright till 22:30 so didn't really bother) and it was huge and clean. The shower room outside of the room was pretty big too. The staff was cool

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
2nd May 2017
8.0

Enjoyed my stay and although I felt it ws a little overpriced I felt secure. Wasn't that easy to find.

×