YHA Windermere Reviews

Bridge Lane, Troutbeck, Cumbria, Windermere, England

Excellent location!

• 20th Jul 2014

Once I stepped into the hostel, I felt immediately welcomed by the cozy lobby and very friendly staff. Although dinner was closing in 10 min, she sent my last minute order in to the kitchen and I managed to have a hot meal upon checking in - which by the way was sumptuous sausages and mash potato. Everything about YHA Windermere was great - very quiet and clean room. Every bed has a dedicated bed-side light and plug. Toilets were clean and readily available. Most importantly, it was great value!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

If you are a pack packet, pre warning. This is not in Windermere, it's a bus ride out of the town in Troutbeck Bridge. Once you get to Troutbeck Bridge it's a good mile up a cliff on a tiny road. This was a hideous walk for me and my hugely oversized bag. But... Having said that, when you get there, totally worth it. The view is stunning. You have no need to leave

Selecting YHA windermere was one of the finest decision me and friend I took for our visit to Lake District. Awesome staff, breathtaking view, excellent cleaning and other facilities. It was just feel like home. I would definitely suggest this hostels to everyone. Complete worth staying here.

Great days... thanks for this Hostel YHA

I really feel excited about the position of YHA Windermere ,it is amazing ! Although,you must spend some time in getting there from the Windermere station,it is worthwhile of doing that!because you will receive excellent sevice and beautiful sight!and the price is reasonable as well!

The only reason I gave location a poor rating is because the YHA is a long way up a hill. Everything else was great, including the view from the top! Haha