YHA Windermere Reviews

Bridge Lane, Troutbeck, Cumbria, Windermere, England

This hostel is not in Windermere, and requires a bus, then about a mile-long walk to get to, but it's worth it. The facilities. hospitality of staff, comfort of beds, and most of all the view are worth it. There are a number of easily accessible walks from the hostel, and other treks are just a bus ride away. I'll definitely stay here again next time I visit.

All around a great place to stay. Loved the location, do be prepared you are not in the actual town, which suited me just fine. You could not beat the views. The trail maps they will give you there leave much to be desired to make sure you do your own planning. Nice kitchen space for cooking. Small fridge space, but all and all it was great. Staff was very friendly, and more than happy to help you with what they can, although sometimes they were hard to find...

Very clean, good facilities, friendly staff and unbelievable value for money.

• 9th Sep 2014

As i havent used hostels for a good few years i was very surprised at the changes that have been made.The addition of having dining facilities and a bar is a fantastic idea and was greatly appreciated along with the friendly and helpful staff which made my stay amazing.

The location is quite remote and I didn't have a car which made it difficult. The staff were friendly and helpful and my dorm and en suite were very clean.

• 25th Aug 2014

A lovely old converted house overlooking the lake. Very clean and spaceious with friendly staff.

The menus are the same all the time and not tasty; there is no network and ny possibility of get in touch with someone as to get internet needs to be paid; to keep the bags after check out people need to pay. The room was very small to get 4 people.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Paid for WIFI and unfortunately the WIFI strength was very poor. Signal wont reach as far as the rooms. In absence of mobile service WIFI becomes very important. Hope they arrange a powerful router. Others it was one of the best places.

Excellent location!

Once I stepped into the hostel, I felt immediately welcomed by the cozy lobby and very friendly staff. Although dinner was closing in 10 min, she sent my last minute order in to the kitchen and I managed to have a hot meal upon checking in - which by the way was sumptuous sausages and mash potato. Everything about YHA Windermere was great - very quiet and clean room. Every bed has a dedicated bed-side light and plug. Toilets were clean and readily available. Most importantly, it was great value!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

If you are a pack packet, pre warning. This is not in Windermere, it's a bus ride out of the town in Troutbeck Bridge. Once you get to Troutbeck Bridge it's a good mile up a cliff on a tiny road. This was a hideous walk for me and my hugely oversized bag. But... Having said that, when you get there, totally worth it. The view is stunning. You have no need to leave

Selecting YHA windermere was one of the finest decision me and friend I took for our visit to Lake District. Awesome staff, breathtaking view, excellent cleaning and other facilities. It was just feel like home. I would definitely suggest this hostels to everyone. Complete worth staying here.

Great days... thanks for this Hostel YHA