YHA York Reviews

Water End, Clifton, North Yorkshire, York, England

Nice size rooms. Okay location. Didn't like that wifi only worked downstairs in the lobby area. Staff were very nice and helpful.

Very helpful and nice staff. There was a woman in my room that snores very badly, even in hostel standards, and me and my friend asked for help at 4 in the morning, the staffs very kindly let us into an empty private 4 beds room. New facilities and very well-equipped kitchen for cooking. But the wi-fi only works in the lobby which is not very convenient. It is a bit far from the city centre especially when you are carrying big luggages.

Staff were very helpful , dormitory, 8 bedded female, is clean. Lounge and common areas clean. We did not use the laundry and self catering facilities, so unable to comment. Breakfast is very good. Very well located to walk to city centre, riverside walk is attractive route too! Easily accessible via A59 and sign posted to YHA! Grounds with mature trees. Good parking available. A very good hostel, well refurbished! Is the front entrance locked overnight?? Bar and Wi Fi to use, a beautiful hostel

Only paid 40 pounds for a 4 beds room. Great price, the place is nice and clean, you just need to walk 15 20 minutes to go to the city but the way is lovely!

• 28th Jun 2015

Thank you for making us feel so welcomed, and helping us out with our questions. A very nice environment and wonderful statf

One of the best hostels I've visited so far. Bit far from the centre, but the walk was pleasant through the river. It's really quiet and clean inside. My room had shower and toilet inside which were clean. It has clean and spacious kitchen as well though it's sort of hidden beside the reception so it seemed like no one was using it. Everything was so fine. I love YHA hostels!

Got welcomed by the most lovely staff, instantly felt comfortable to seek help/ just speak with them. Great self-catering kitchen. Plenty of washrooms, over all clean place. Not right in the middle of town but a very short bus ride to get to the heart of York. Lots of great walks around the area anyway (: would stay here again for sure.

Don't know whether the prices went up because it was York races, but over £30 pppn for a 4 bed room, is expensive w'ere on a cycle tour not throwing money away at the races.

Beautiful area. Not enough to lockers in an 8 bed room for everyone's belongings to be locked up. But overall, nice hostel

The staff were very friendly and helpful and had a very pleasant way of dealing with us. We got a bit muddled up about the buses to York but that was probably because we had not checked or asked. The only point against is that the self catering kitchen is a bit tight for space,however it is very convenient to sit outside if the weather is good. We enjoyed ourselves and were very positive about our stay......we thought the layout and amenities of a four bed family room were A one........

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I was only here for a little amount of time, but it was a pleasure....

• 27th Mar 2015

Nice and clean hostel, but a bit far from the centre.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Finland

While not in the city center it was a quite lovely walk along the river into the town everyday. The bar was quite nice along with the pool table. Annoying only having wifi in the common room but helped me meet some other people to go out with as a solo traveler. Only thing I didn't like was the large groups of school children that also stayed there while I was they took over the entire common area. Other than that it was a lovely clean hostel I would definitely stay there again.