Fabulous 790 Total Reviews
Fabulous 790 Total Reviews
YHA York Located at Water End, Clifton, North Yorkshire, York.
England
York Yorkshire, England, UK. YO30 6LP Water End, Clifton, North Yorkshire
83% 790
53.9684569 -1.1018514
    Rooms available

11th Sep 2016
7.7

The showers were hot - and powerful. The place was spotless. The staff was friendly and professional. Still, I would not recommended it - for 2 reasons. First is location - about a mile walk from town - unless you've rented a car, for some reason. You still have to walk, because there's not a lot of places to park any closer to town. The second is the decided unfriendliness of the fellow hostel goers. No one spoke to me, not even my roommates, until the third day I was there.

25th Aug 2016
7.7

Further than I expected from the CC but walking along the river is a nice start and end to the day. I didnt really work out how to return from the CC to the hostel by road so walked along the riverbank in pitch darkness. thankfully I was safe but I wouldnt recommend doing that if you can help it. Staff are good, and price of drinks is great. I didnt eat here. Public areas are spotless, nice kitchen, inconsiderate guests with screaming brats in the hallways woke me on both nights.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
19th Aug 2016
7.7

This hostel is great but a little overpriced. Breakfast was an extra 5 on top of an already expensive room (which was empty the night I stayed). It is only a short walk to the town which is great and has plenty of facilities. There were only 2 lockers in the bedroom for 8 beds which if there had been more people, would have been a problem. Everything else was great and has a good sized kitchen for cooking yourself.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
11th Aug 2016

Brilliant hostel, spacious, clean & modern - friendly staff & well priced food. I enjoyed the walk into central York - wifi only available in common area downstairs, disliked having a basin in the dorm room.

10th Aug 2016

Beautiful hostel, great setting, helpful staff, no complaints here.

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
8th Aug 2016

Clean and tidy. Comfortable beds and fantastic staff. Good self catering facilities. Walking distance from town center.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
7th Aug 2016

Great staff and facilities at this tidy and cheerful YHA. It's about a 20 minute walk to the city walls or you can catch a bus. Our private twin room was comfortable and the bathroom was clean, however be mindful that there is no shower curtain. Free WiFi worked very well!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
31st Jul 2016
7.7

Overall it was one of the better hostels I've stayed at, the only downside was that there was no wifi in the rooms. Would definitely stay again

• China, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

This hostel is better than any other hostels I stayed during my trip. Although it's not very near to the city centre, but is only takes 20mins walk and there's bus station nearby. I feel like it also suitable for family. But the wifi won't reach my room and I need to stay near the central area to connect it.

• kateypie
  • New Zealand, Female, 18-24
24th Jul 2016

Really nice hostel but beware solo travellers, this is definitely a family hostel! Not at all set up for singles wanting to meet other people, I think I was the only backpacker, the rest were all families and school groups. The rooms are really nice with 2 mirrors and each bed gets a charging station and light which is really useful. The bathrooms are pretty good, clean showers. About a 20 minute walk into town but I really enjoyed that, it's a nice walk. Food is overpriced, go to supermarket.