YMCA Avignon Reviews

7 Bis Chemin De La Justice, B.P. 112 Villeneuve-lez-Avignon, Avignon, France

Our stay here was a bit lonely being the middle of winter, but we were welcomed and shown around by staff. A restaurant was advertised, however this was closed when we stayed. There was a microwave we were able to use to cook. Be prepared for school camp-style rooms with minimal facilities, and corridors that constantly smelled of smoke. There is free parking, and rooms and bathrooms were relatively clean. Not many options in the Avignon area, but this was sufficient for a short stay.

Pros: not far from centre (nice walk over the bridges), free parking in a big parking lot, terrasse Cons: "basic private" meant a shabby dorm with 4 beds (reserved for me only), indoor common areas clean but lack of character, WiFi not working (they said they'll fix it but this didn't happen while I was there), no kitchen or supermarket close by. Conclusion: OK for one night, but I was expecting more from the room so I was disappointed to have spent 30 euros on that.