YMCA Avignon Reviews

7 Bis Chemin De La Justice, B.P. 112 Villeneuve-lez-Avignon, Avignon, France

Pros: not far from centre (nice walk over the bridges), free parking in a big parking lot, terrasse Cons: "basic private" meant a shabby dorm with 4 beds (reserved for me only), indoor common areas clean but lack of character, WiFi not working (they said they'll fix it but this didn't happen while I was there), no kitchen or supermarket close by. Conclusion: OK for one night, but I was expecting more from the room so I was disappointed to have spent 30 euros on that.

It was an accident. The YMCA was full so I was diverted to AUBERGE BAGATELLE, which was the beginning of a nightmare. Insects! FULL OF BED BUGS!! Count my two arms, only, they were covered (and still itchy now) by over twenty bites. The first night I was annoyed and got up at 3am and spent an hour to clean them! In the name of Saint Nicolas, what have you done to manage your hostel? Is it the way you treat a guest from other places? I have no more words limit. Trust me, no auberge bagatelle.

Really good hostel. The staff is really nice and good value for money. Just walk 15 minutes and youre in the city center.

• 1st Aug 2014

I stayed in that hostel with some friends in our own room, so security wasn't really a topic.

I stayed at YMCA for 5 nights and I definitely recommend it. Although it is a bit of a walk to the town centre, it's a lovely place with a swimming pool and lovely views of Avignon. The staff are very friendly and there's a common room to: access the internet, play table football, ping-pong, sit down to have a glass of wine... On the other hand, you can only access wifi in the common room and if you want to have lunch or diner you have to order it in the morning.

A friend and I stayed at YMCA Avignon just for a night but it was definitely more than what we expected. Although it is bit far if you plan on walking from Avignon central station, it is worth it. We reached after the reception time, but had informed them beforehand and hence they had done the needful to receive us. The rooms and the place as a whole is very clean. The breakfast is also very good. We recomend it to people who plan on visiting Avignon.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • India

There is a pool which is sweet. No kitchen but they offer breakfast and dinner at a decent price. The staff was nice and gave us ice when one of us had a headache. The place is tough to get to but it does have a beautiful view - we had an awesome balcony. Rooms are nice.

YMCA hostel staff don't show control of their customers staying! We were kept up late at night and woken extremely early by young teenagers staying there. Even resulted in us having to ask the teenagers to be quiet as the staff were no where to be seen.. Internet was available but only in a common area not in the rooms.. Signs to find YMCA are terrible, they say there is signs everywhere but they aren't and one's that are displayed are in the worst positions and easily missed.

Location not good, staff okay, room smelly

I don't know why only one of us can connect with the wifi, and we saw many people trying to connect with the wifi but failed. The staff is really nice, and help us a lot!