YMCA Christchurch

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
6th Feb 2017
8.0

It's a massive hostel, so it's not a very sociable place. But it's a good place to get some rest. And they've got good laundry facilities too. I found it a bit expensive for what you get.

• England, Male, 18-24
4th Feb 2017
6.0

Good place for 1 nights stay. Lots of facilities but you have to pay etc for the gym etc which is annoying since it's not a cheap hostel!

• England, Male, 25-30
30th Jan 2017

Great customer service at front desk who couldn't do more to help you. Parking was easily accessible. Room was clean (with ensuite) and beds were very comfortable!! The location is directly opposite the botanical gardens which are the highlight of Christchurch. Would throughly recommend staying here!

29th Jan 2017

Wish there were lockers in the room but otherwise it was a very pleasant place! Love that it was so close to the Botanic Gardens.

• South Korea, Male, 31-40
25th Jan 2017

I made a reservation for a twin room. Luckily without any additilnal cost my room has been upgraded. I enjoyed a lot while travelling ChristChurch.The room was spacious, clean, and tidy. The staff was so nice to everyone from all around countries. If you look for a place to stay in CHCH, why not you choose YMCA over ofhers? Definately I will revist the place if I have a chance to travel to NewZealand.

• Trinidad And Tobago, Female, 25-30
23rd Jan 2017

Lovely big double room with nice view of the city. Nice bar connected to hostel and walking distance from everywhere we wanted to go.

20th Jan 2017
7.7

Pretty low key. Not much socializing. No secure storage in room, but I felt safe leaving my stuff with the door locked as my roommates seemed pleasant. Gym being attached was nice so I don't get to work out much on the road.

10th Jan 2017

I was only here from 1am checking in to 7am when I stared my kiwi experience - very good from what I saw!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
1st Jan 2017

Good hostel in great location. They helped us out by getting our room ready asap so we could check in a little earlier as we had flown in early that morning and we're exhausted. Nice staff. Good price.

• England, All Male Group, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
1st Jan 2017

Great rooms, great location but free wifi would have been nice.