9.0
Superb 1,444 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1,444 Total Reviews
YMCA Hostel Basel Located at Gempenstrasse 64, , Basel.
Switzerland
Basel 4053 Gempenstrasse 64
90% 1444
47.5433085 7.5856089
    Rooms available

• Hungary, Female, 31-40
7th Dec 2016

My stay was fine specially that I got free upgrade to a room as the dorm i booked was already full. On the constructive side: the heating didnt work at first so i was freezing in the room when i arrived-now heating is quite important wintertime people, so make sure the rooms wait for the guest heated! 2 hours later when I got back it was fixed thank god. Also the receptionists should be ready with recommendations where to eat nearby for reasonable prices!

4th Dec 2016

The staff was kind and helpful and the dining area was a great place to sit and hang out in the evenings. Wonderful hostel experience.

• USA, Female, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

Had a private room and it was clean and worked well, sink in the room was a huge plus! Also, the complimentary metro pass was awesome.

• England, Male, 41+
14th Oct 2016

Best hostel I have stayed in

11th Oct 2016

Very close to Basel station. Good location. Spacious hostel.

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
10th Oct 2016
8.0

2층 침대끼리 붙어있는게 불편... 콘센트도 불편... 위치나 시설은 깨끗해요

• USA, Mixed Group, 41+
2nd Oct 2016

I accidently entered the wrong day when I booked our beds in the dorm, which means we showed up after a long, exhausting night on the train one day late with no reservation and all dorm beds filled. Kevin came to our rescue, finding a private room within our budget. He and Martin bent over backward to be helpful and kind; I am deeply grateful to both of them. The rooms are clean, the beds comfy, the showers powerful, and the hostel is an easy walk from the train station.

• Israel, Female, 18-24
1st Oct 2016

Best hostel! Great location, everything is super clean and new, satisfying breakfast. Martin was very helpful. Transport card makes it very easy to ride around the city. When visiting in basel- definately go there.

10th Sep 2016

The beds are literally next to each other, so I recommend if you are a female to get the female room. Because I had a guy on the bed next to me, if I spread myself on the bed. I could touch him. A little too awkward

• oranjelusilz962
  • South Africa, Female, 18-24
2nd Sep 2016

Really loved this hostel. The staff really went above and beyond to make me feel welcome after a very late arrival. Amazing kitchen and dining facilities which help a lot since restaurants in Switzerland are quite expensive. Not extremely close to all the sights but they give you a free public transport pass --> amazing! They just really made me feel like a valued guest and even helped to return my watch, which I stupidly forgot, safely.