YMCA Hostel Basel Reviews

Gempenstrasse 64, Basel, Switzerland

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed!! It's clean and there's even a bench right out the shower room (but inside the door) where we can put clean clothes. Lockers are big, so I can put the whole luggage in it. The design of the bed is the best I've ever seen, since there's a plank btw each other so that I can have my private space. A pity that no socket and wifi access in the room. It's perfect other than that ;) 非常乾淨,設備齊全,床邊有很好很大的置物櫃,枕頭附近也有隔板,不會看見隔壁床在做什麼,很有隱私。可惜床頭沒有插座,房間沒有wifi,不過除此之外一切完美。

I had a really nice stay in the YMCA Basel hostel. Everything was clean, the staff very helpful and the place is cozy and very well located. I loved it!!!!

The hostel is only two blocks from the train station. It's really quiet (I liked it), i think that it's according to the city. The bedroom was clean (also the bathrooms) and the bed very comfortable. I think that the breakfast is a bit expensive (CHF 7 per day) but the entire city is expensive. There was wi-fi everywhere in the hostel. You can purchase your own food in the supermarket and cook in the hostel kitchen (it was very big space) and there were plenty of tables to eat.

Great hostel really recommend it! Very clean in general, though they must have forgotten to clean underneath my bed because I saw someone else's nail clippings there when I arrived! Location was great and good breakfast as well!

Very nice location, 3 minutes walk to the main station and the public transport. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and most of the time it wasnot too loud. Because of high prices in Switzerland, I definetly recommend the breakfast.