YMCA Hostel Basel Reviews

Gempenstrasse 64, Basel, Switzerland

I totally adore this hostel.Clean ,secure, in center,friendly stuff.Worths the money I paid.I arrive 01.30 in the night and they welcome me as it is middle of the day.I think this place is suitable for everybody.And I was sleeping without any breaks and showers are so nice there is a space for changing clothes and so on.I give these details just because this hostel is a good place to stay.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Best hostel we've ever stay. Very good facilities. Everything was awesome.

A good place to stay for a night. The host at reception was very helpful and went out of his way to make everything comfortable. Clean rooms and toilets, so no problems there. I would definitely recommend this place!

It was OK, the price was high but we were in Switzerland, which is an expensive country. It has good and large facilities, chill room etc and the furniture is new and fashion, at least in the common zones. However, when we got there there was noone in the desk and we had to wait for 2 hours and we did not know it previously. This fact for us was unacceptable. Appart from that, we found very few bathrooms and showers for the big amount of people we were.

it was really nice.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

A really clean, spacious hostel. It's just a couple minutes away from the train station and the large common room and kitchen are really nice. They even give you a transportation pass so you can ride the trams and buses for free which is awesome. The only downside is that it wasn't the most social hostel and the bunk beds were weirdly spaced you you practically slept right next to someone else. Other than that, a good hostel.

Wouldn't recommend this place, seriously. Uncooperative staff. Overcharged.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Pakistan

The hostel was nice and the staff were great... however - the beds are very close together (pushes next to each other) in the 8 person dorm. It was uncomfortable to feel like you are sleeping in a large bed with a stranger. I wish I booked the separate and private ensuite. I haven't come across this in other hostels.

I was very happy to get cheap clean place to stay for a night and very near to train station. Ben

Great stay in a beautiful city. Worth the money and fab facilities!

• 16th Jul 2014

Walking distance from the train station, clean, very nice, excellent security. Not 24 hour reception.

Good location for train travellers.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever experienced.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Great common room area and a giant kitchen. Rooms were clean and tidy. Spent two nights here and had no problems. Easy to find from train station.

Nice Nice Nice. No words but Nice! Go there! :)

The location and facilities of YMCA Hostel, Basle are very good. Enjoyed the stay at YMCA, Basel!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • India

Very good location. Very nice living room with a big kitchen. The bathrooms are ok, outside of the room. The Staff was ok. The bed was the worse thing. The mattress base was broken, so the mattress was bended. The bed 3 and 5 are literally together, only separated with a small plank. Not really comfortable the feeling of sleeping in the same bed with someone else. The Atmosphere is quite neutral, no specially fun.

Five stars hostal! everything is wonderful.

I´ve been coming here for years during Art Basel, it´s conveniently located, but it´s a bit sterile,typical for Ys. A plus is the free use of guest computers, even though most people now have their own gadgets, it´s good to have cause i travel sans. You can also get a free locker after checking out, so it´s good that your stuff is safe.

It was very nice hostel, both clean and a good atmosphere. Brilliant location, close to the station and the town centre, couldnt fault it as I arrived late at night, walked out of the train station and was pretty much there.