YMCA Hostel Basel Reviews

Gempenstrasse 64, Basel, Switzerland

Nice hostel, nice rooms, but rather expensive...

The journey was excellent! The hostel is excellent too! I will recommend it to my friends.

In general the two nights I spent here were good value for money and were quite pleasant. A slight negative was that some showers were not as clean as I would like.

• 4th Sep 2015

Would recommend staying here very clean and very good location train and bus station only 5 mins away . Facilities very good also . All and all very nice place to stay would definitely go back :-)

• 27th Aug 2015

This hostel was perfect! Good wifi, common room is large, kitchen is so clean.... also all generations are staying. I will be back next time also.

I would totally recommend this hostel. The staff was super nice and helpful when we made a mistake with our reservation. The rooms where clean and nice, showers and bathrooms are fine, and the location fantastic - just down one street from the central station. You also got free tickets to all the public transport in the city with was so nice. You get to see the beautiful city and ride around in cute little trams. Good hostel!

Everything was great, especially the kitchen area. The rooms are way too hot to sleep in without a fan or properly opened windows. The windows in our room were restricted as you could access a roof from there. Other than that, no complaints.

The hostel was very clean-and huge lockers-the biggest I have ever seen. Also, a good location near the rail station. Two downsides (1) Beds we're VERY close together (2) No atmosphere to speak of-just large tables. Sofas, pub crawls, etc would help.

I thought the location was excellent because i didnt need to get a tram.

Not many plugs for an 8 bed dorm but only a minor inconvenience. the place was very close to the station and nice and clean.

The hostel is right next to the tram system which is great. The hostel is nice and clean but the be prepared for some very old and strange clientele. Not your typical clientele you'd find at a hostel.

Very nice hostel very close to the Basel train station. The free public transportation cards are a huge plus! Bathrooms are moderately clean and the beds are very comfy. The layout of the mixed dorm was a little odd conpared to other mixed dorms I stayed at, but everything was fine. Luggage lockers are huge and the breakfast is very good. Would recommend!