YMCA Hostel Reviews

Corner Pitt street and Greys Avenue, Auckland, New Zealand

Rooms are cold, no heaters. Not really a hostel, poor kitchen. Basic accomodation.

Overall decent hotel, not really a hostel. Parking is at night only and expensive considering your not even downtown. Rooms and washroom clean. Staff was friendly, sadly no atmosphere here though.

Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback. Happy you enjoy your stay, our Cleanliness and Friendly service. Our Car Parking rates are about 15% cheaper than others in the same block. In regards the atmosphere we provide weekly and monthly events, I'm sorry if you didn't have the chance to enjoy one of them. Once again thank you for your feedback. Kind regards, Andre Vidoto Centre Manager

Enjoyed the stay!! The lady on reception was very helpful and cheerful.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • India

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed your stay and happier you found one of our receptionists to be helpful and cheerful. Kind regards, Andre Vidoto Centre Manager

I stayed YMCA hostel about 10 days. I am satisfied my choice. It has very clean room. Staffs are very kind. Location also good. Some people told me It's too expensive but I didn't care because It was my choice. If I go to Auckland later, I am confident that I'll stay YMCA again.

Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are really happy with your comments, glad you found our staff to be kind and location good. Our rates follow the market and facilities we offer, we would never charge an amount that does not reflect our value. Once again thank you for your feedback. Kind regards, Andre Vidoto Centre Manager

The main advantage of this hostel is its central location. Disadvantages are its enormous size and inadequate kitchen/dining facilities. It's fine if all you're after is a cheap bed, not so much if you want to meet fellow travelers. It has no character whatsoever, but that was to be expected.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. Happy you find our Location to be good. In regards the kitchen, we do have a project to renovate and the near future. In terms of fellow traveler just tonight we have about 38 different nationalities staying with us, we do have a more family environment as we are not a party Hostel, I'm sorry if we have not fulfilled your expectations. Kind regards, Andre Vidoto Centre Manager

Clean, safe hostel. Bit off queen st, but within 10 mins you are in the heart of th city. Not exactly the place to meet other travellers as clearly there are a lot of long termers. Staff were helpful. Good hostel, but slightly pricey.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We delighted you pointed out our good location, cleanliness and safety. Currently we have about 60% of our beds taken by travelers exactly like you, sorry if you didn't have a chance to meet other guests, our rates are about 5% to 15% cheaper than competitors, please have a shop around and compare. Once again thank you for your feedback Kind regards, Andre Vidoto Centre Manager.