YWCA Banff Hotel

Very Good 371 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
15th Sep 2017
7.1

Great staff and location, but unfortunately the shared dorms in the basement are dingey and unwelcoming, and the shared kitchen is pretty rubbish. I'm happy to stay somewhere with basic facilities but the price is just too high for what they offer.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
12th Sep 2017

Great stay in banff. Staff super friendly. Rooms spacious and clean. Kitchen setup was great, although the cutlery seemed to go walkabouts each day. Overall great stay. Parking available onsite and didn't have any troubles finding a spot. My only con would be the super squeaky bunk beds. You could hear every little movement someone made.

• USA, Male, 41+
7th Sep 2017
6.3

Quiets hours don't guarantee rowdy dorm mates won't come in at 1AM. The available showers on my floor had poor water pressure. I stayed in a different hostel the next night that had a better location, similar accommodations, and a significant better rate.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
1st Sep 2017

Simple, clean, and incredible location for a great price. I'll be coming back to Banff, and will stay at the YWCA again without hesitation.

29th Aug 2017
6.0

It was about a 20 min walk to the city centre, although they did give complimentary bus pass. Bathroom/shower were slightly dirty, not sure if it was just the time that I used it. Staff weren't as friendly. But overall, just for staying the night it was fine.

• Singapore, Male, 31-40
28th Aug 2017
3.4

Someone tried to break into the mens dorm room via the windows at around midnight. Some dodgy characters around the hostel. The beds are very creaky and the kitchen and lounge area has a slight 'bunker'atmosphere with now windows. Overall - terrible.

• France, Female, 31-40
28th Aug 2017
4.0

- No lockers - No plugs to charge phones close to beds - Terrible lights

• Canada, Female, 41+
26th Aug 2017

Great hostel... just a bit too expensive!

• USA, Male, 41+
21st Aug 2017
4.3

This hotel messed up my reservation, and downgraded my room. When I complain, they threatened I may end up in the street. The reason I did not argue with them too much is, I don't want my vacation get ruined. I will never stay there again.

• England, Couple, 18-24
19th Aug 2017

This hostel was good value for money and allowed me and my girlfriend to keep the cost of our trip down so that we could spend more money on exploring. Most beds had lockable boxes under the bed for security but the hostel would benefit from lockers. There is a lockable day store on site which is helpful. The only real gripe either of us had was that the beds were incredibly squeaky! But apart from that we very much enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend for backpackers.

×