Good 272 Total Reviews
Good 272 Total Reviews
YWCA Banff Hotel Located at PO Box 520, 102 Spray Ave., Banff.
Canada
Banff AB T1L 1A6 PO Box 520, 102 Spray Ave.
66% 272
51.1715000 -115.5695199
    Rooms available

16th Aug 2016
6.6

Great location. Beds are terrible if you sleep on top. No AC, no fan working, washroom in the room is fine, but if you need the one in the hall, they close at night and open at 6am. WIFI, let's say they don't have. It's horrible, it never works. Under my bed, garbage from previous guests. I think they don't clean the room very often. More than 3 nights there and nobody came to clean. It worked for me because all hostels were fully booked and the location is amazing, near the river.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
16th Aug 2016
5.7

The ethos for the ywca is great and the fellow travellers we met there were brilliant. The location is good with a lot of parking. Unfortunately it needs a huge clean! The first thing we noticed when we walked into the room was the distinct smell of wet dog from the car pet. It needs at least a Hoover or deep clean but ideally a whole new carpet. The showers were grim. But to be honest you get what you paid for. Beds were seriously uncomfortable, I have bruises on my hips from the hard mattress.

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
14th Aug 2016
6.9

The front desk person was all over the place and did not tell us any information whatsoever. I asked if we could store outlr luggage, she said yes and gave us the key didnt say anythinh else so we were confused and had to ask a different person. Same with checking in, she gave us the receipts only, didnt give us the key card nor directions to the room or any info for that matter. Other than her, everything was alright. I loved the location and the bathroom inside the room.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Aug 2016

Clean, good location, well priced. Would stay again.

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
30th Jul 2016
6.0

You can't drink beer in the hostel!!!!

• USA, Male, 25-30
27th Jul 2016
7.4

Attentive staff with answers to most questions. The kitchen is useful but a bit beat up. I ranked security middling because there are no lockers or any way to secure any belongings that you leave in the room - I guess I was lucky to have a car. No real sense of community - no planned gatherings or events, only one small common area near the reception desk, and barely functioning WiFi for maps. WiFi is paramount for travelers to get around and find things to do.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
21st Jul 2016
8.0

I stayed in a dorm rather than a hotel room. The dorms were a fair size, with decent bunks (though a little noisy at times), with on suite washrooms and community ones. The shower in the on suite was quite small, I am a short and skinny female and I barely had enough room. There isn't really an atmosphere for backpackers there like most hostels. The community kitchen was not maintained enough throughout the day. The price is a little expensive for what you get. It was clean though.

• Scotland, Female, 31-40
14th Jul 2016
6.3

A bit of a soulless place. No real common areas apart from the basement kitchen, but the location is good and we didn't spend too much time in the hostel.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
13th Jul 2016
5.4

Great location but needs some TLC and a good clean!

• Argentina, Female, 31-40
27th Jun 2016
4.6

The hostel was dirty! The washroom were discusting! We spent 2 nights and we complain about it and when we left the washrooms were still dirty. So they weren't clean for 3 days! Also the bed are noisy and uncomfortable. First time in YMCA, and I think it will be the last.