9.6
Superb 249 Total Reviews
9.6
Superb 249 Total Reviews
Yakushima Youth Hostel Located at 278-2 Miyanoura, Yakushima-cho, Kumage-gun, Kagoshima-pref., Kagoshima Yakushima Island.
Japan
Kagoshima Yakushima Island 278-2 Miyanoura, Yakushima-cho, Kumage-gun, Kagoshima-pref.
96% 249
30.4287512 130.5720484
    Rooms available

26th Apr 2016

A very nice place to stay to explore the wonderful Yakushima island! Good location (7 minutes from the port, 2 minutes from the bus stop, 5 minutes from the supermarket), very clean, hot bath from 5 pm, wide dormitory with japanese tatami, free tea and coffee... Just thank you and hope to come again someday. I strongly recommend this place!

Thank you for staying with us and the nice review :) we are glad you enjoyed the stay and the island! Yakushima has different scenery each season so please come back on different season as this time! I believe you will be amazed the scenery !!!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
13th Apr 2016

This was my favorite hostel during our time in Kyushu. The location was within walking distance from the port & was near the bus stops that could take you around the island. The hostel is a one story compact building, but had a big rooms, comfy beds, a beautiful view of the port, & very nice common areas & bathing facilities. The staff was so so warm & welcoming. They helped us plan everything so that we could utilize each minute of our short day on Yakushima. We would definitely stay again!

Thank you for staying with us and great review ! We are glad that you had wonderful time here in the island and of course with us :) Hope you come visit here one day again (at least 2 nights!!!) and explore the island more!!!

12th Apr 2016

The hostel was great, the island even better, and I wanted to date 周子 so badly!

Thank you for staying with us and the review:) staying one night is too short to ask me date :p haha just kidding :p Hope you could visit the island one day again with out catching super early taxi in a morning!

• England, Male, 25-30
5th Apr 2016

Being very close to the ferry port once you arrive on the island. The lady running the hostel is very friendly and will give you plenty information on arrival regarding buses and places to see and eat. They have a hot bath ready from 5pm which is just excellent after a long walk. Good washing and drying facilities, just wished I stayed for longer. Only downside is the lack of cooking facilities but I recommend you go out and enjoy the local food.

Thank you for staying with us and the review :) We are glad you enjoyed the island and our hostel. we are planning to make a kitchen area now so hope is will work out sometime soon.. Hope you come back the island one day and explore the island more!!!

• USA, Male, 41+
31st Mar 2016

Everything is excellent. Staff was so nice, they treated us with buttom of heart. I got my birthday card from them, it was very impressive.

Thank you for staying with us and the review! we like making our visitor happy so we are very happy to hear that :) Hope you will have chance to came back this amazing island one day again!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
27th Mar 2016

A short walk to Miyanoura port, the bus stop and a big supermarket, which is important as there aren't many restaurants or convenience stores on the island. The staff were extremely helpful and spent a lot of time with maps and bus timetables helping me plan my hikes. They gave me advice and sell bus passes that saved me money. The hostel is spotless and clean and had everything I needed, although some more electrical sockets in the dorms would have been good. Great value, highly recommend.

Thank you for staying with us and the review that includes some tips for other visitors :) We are glad you had great time in the island! we will try our best to make the hostel even better ! Thank you for your opinion. Hope see you again somewhere in the world !!!

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
13th Mar 2016

Very nice host, excellent location and facilities! Had a very comfortable stay at the hostel! Yakushima is very pretty! Would definitely come again.

Thank you for staying with us and the review!! we are so glad you had great time in Yakushima!!! Hope you come back to the island and explore the amazing island more!!! Enjoy your stay in Japan!!!

8th Jan 2016

Wonderful, wonderful time. Shuko is amazing, impossible not to love her! So helpful and kind. I visited in the off-season so I think a lot of local places were closed, but still had some places nearby to eat. The staff was extremely helpful with what I was trying to do. Not much security to be honest, but you're in Japan, so it's not like you need it. Locks and lockers were available. Internet wasn't ideal, a bit slow, but you aren't coming to Yakushima for the internet. Highly recommend

Thank you for staying with us and the wonderful reviews! We are glad you had great time here in the hostel and the island! You teach me a lot what I needed to learn and keep them my mind! Hope you could come back here with your family one day :) Thank you very much again! PS: We are thinking about the security to make our guest feel better.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
5th Jan 2016

Wonderful hostel especially given the location and the lack of competition in the area ... and of course, like the other commenters, Shuuko was lovely and had a genuine hostess personality in every sense of the word. As I travel more and more, I realise the hostel you stay in _really_ influences the overall experience, and so I can`t overstate how important it is to find a good hostel (ie here) for you Yakushima experience.

Thank you for staying with us and the sweet review :) We are glad you had wonderful time here ! like you said a hostel where you stay with influences you (visitors) but also you visitors influence us a lot. I have been influenced since I started working here for sure. Our guests are the best! I hope I could see all the visitor one day somewhere in the world :) Enjoy your travel! Keep smiling and be happy!!!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
4th Jan 2016

There was a mix up during checkout and we forgot to return the key to our room (left the island with it). The staff was super nice about this and provided us with an address to mail it back to them. Also the huge bathtubs are fantastic after a day of hiking.

Thank you for staying with us and the review! always 'something ' happens on your travel ! maybe our key 'wanted' to go travel somewhere :p Thank you sent it back to us :) Hope you will have chance to come back to the island and explore this amazing island more !!!