Yakushima Youth Hostel Reviews

278-2 Miyanoura, Yakushima-cho, Kumage-gun, Kagoshima-pref., Kagoshima Yakushima Island, Japan

Wonderful, wonderful time. Shuko is amazing, impossible not to love her! So helpful and kind. I visited in the off-season so I think a lot of local places were closed, but still had some places nearby to eat. The staff was extremely helpful with what I was trying to do. Not much security to be honest, but you're in Japan, so it's not like you need it. Locks and lockers were available. Internet wasn't ideal, a bit slow, but you aren't coming to Yakushima for the internet. Highly recommend

Thank you for staying with us and the wonderful reviews! We are glad you had great time here in the hostel and the island! You teach me a lot what I needed to learn and keep them my mind! Hope you could come back here with your family one day :) Thank you very much again! PS: We are thinking about the security to make our guest feel better.

Wonderful hostel especially given the location and the lack of competition in the area ... and of course, like the other commenters, Shuuko was lovely and had a genuine hostess personality in every sense of the word. As I travel more and more, I realise the hostel you stay in _really_ influences the overall experience, and so I can`t overstate how important it is to find a good hostel (ie here) for you Yakushima experience.

• 5th Jan 2016

Thank you for staying with us and the sweet review :) We are glad you had wonderful time here ! like you said a hostel where you stay with influences you (visitors) but also you visitors influence us a lot. I have been influenced since I started working here for sure. Our guests are the best! I hope I could see all the visitor one day somewhere in the world :) Enjoy your travel! Keep smiling and be happy!!!

There was a mix up during checkout and we forgot to return the key to our room (left the island with it). The staff was super nice about this and provided us with an address to mail it back to them. Also the huge bathtubs are fantastic after a day of hiking.

The friendliest and most helpful staff! Met some great people, learned how to sew, and was able to relax in between hikes. Couldn't ask for anything better. Can't wait to come back.

Thank you for staying with us and the review ! We are very glad that you had wonderful stay :) Hope your sweater didn't get a hole yet :p You can check your KONNYAKU(devil's tongue) experience on our FB pagehttps://www.facebook.com/YakushimaHostel ! ( Do you remember? it's vegan meat ) We are looking forward to see you again! PS: you need to wale up 4AM to go to see Jomonsugi!:p

When I first arrived I found the staff surly to the point of rudeness (at least for Japan), but this impression diminished the longer I stayed. Amazing location and the staff (Shouko in particular) were really helpful in working out where to go and navigating the island's poor bus system.

Thank you for staying with us and the review. I'm so sorry. I was rude to you when you came here. I didn't mean if I say something rude. If I told you something rude please tell me. (I probably don't know the word or attitude were rude since we have different culture) well, I'm glad eventually you enjoyed your stay. Enjoy your stay in Japan!!!

I had an excellent stay. Very, very helpful staff and fluent in english. Very clean. And a wonderful tube!

Thank you for staying with us and the review! and also thank you for helping us to make dust cloth! we will give to the islander it sometime soon ! We are very glad you had great time at the hostel :) enjoy and safe travel!!!

I had a very nice stay and enjoyed the sewing ;-)

Thank you for staying with us and the reviews. We are glad you enjoyed the stay :) Thank you for helping us to make dust cloth!!!you are very good at it !!! Hope you come here in Yakushima one day to explore the island more!

- good location to climb mountains - ocean view from the hotel deck And nice people!!

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Japan

Thank you for staying with us and the review. hope you could come back here for MORI matsuri 2016! if you have any advice to make the hostel better please tell us :)

Shuko-san was a great staff and advisor to whoever's staying there.Very helpful and has experience in mountain climbing and trekking. The dorms were great and spacious unlike other hostel dorms that I stayed in.

Thank you for staying with us and the reviews! we are glad you enjoyed the stay and the island! we would love to make the hostel better place so if you have any idea please let us know :) hope you could come back here again and we have some shochu together :)

Very friendly staff and nice place to stay. Really not far from the fery terminal (Miyanoura one) Close to a bus station soo.

Thank you for staying with us and the review ! Hope you had great time here in Yakushima! s'il se sent bien, faites-le !

The portside youth hostel was absolutely perfect! We apreciated the helpful staff, the facilities were very clean, we loved the sake and the breakfast with ocean view. We would love to come back one day if possible.

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Switzerland

Thank you for staying with us and the review! we are happy to hear you had great time at the hostel and of course in the island :) Hope you could come back here again one day! Don't leave anything behind!!!

Good hostel, friendly atmosphere. The staff gave good advice on what to do, where to go, which bus to take etc. I would definitely stay there again.

Thank you for staying with us and the review ! we are glad you had great time in the island! we look forward to see you again !!!

very close to Miyanoura port and also to the bus stop from where you can go around the island. I met nice people and was advised very well where and how to go. I had a great stay! ありがとうございました!unfortunately I didn't have much time on the island. I will definitely go back one day!

Thank you for staying with us and the reviews! we are glad you had great time in this island! we are waiting for you when you come back here next time :) ありがとう!またきてね!

View all Kagoshima Yakushima Island Hostels