Yakushima Youth Hostel Reviews

278-2 Miyanoura, Yakushima-cho, Kumage-gun, Kagoshima-pref., Kagoshima Yakushima Island, Japan

The girl working there was so helpful, she really made our stay perfect! I would stay here again if I had the chance

It's a very well managed Hostel, with a great welcoming staff. We felt at home there. :)

• 18th Apr 2015

Lovely staff including an amazing manager, Shuko, who was very helpful. Great location as it is near a bus stop and near the ferry. Limited cooking facilities is the only downside. Great tatami mats, nice chill out areas.

My only complaint is that I didn't sleep well because I could feel the metal bed frame through the old, thin mattress.

Loved staying here, the staff were really helpful and friendly, nice atmosphere and very good location to catch buses around the island and near supermarket.

Very nice hostel which is conveniently located for backpackers. Staff is very friendly and able to provide good recommendations and tips about the island (in English). I really enjoyed my stay even though I was the only (Western) tourist in the hostel. Do note that I strongly recomend renting a car to travel around Yakushima as the public transport around the island is very limited and will not allow you to visit some of the best places.

View all Kagoshima Yakushima Island Hostels