Yambolombia Hostel Reviews

Km 2, Palestina, Salento, Colombia

Lovely Quiet and Inspiring After Medellin we decided to stay a little bit outside of Salento. This was a very Good choice. Day 1 brought us a rough and beautiful mountainbike Tour. For me the days started with the best yoga class I've had in a while. Martha starts the dat with living power for body and soul. The surrounding and atmosphere made me want to stay an extra day. Thanks for the wonderful breakfast and hospitality.

A peaceful hostel run by friendly people. Nestled in quiet, natural surroundings with beautiful views. Breakfast was delicious. Cute dogs and a horse named Campanita are wandering around looking for belly rubs.

Quiet location away from town, ideal for a relax. No wifi but it is an Eco lodge!

Great hostel with very warm welcoming hosts. Nice place to get away from the city for a while but bear in mind that there is nothing around there - not even a place to buy a bottle of water. Take food and drinks with you as they don't sell anything at the hostel except breakfast. No social scene at all

• 11th Jan 2015

to go there you need more then 20 minutes, as they says.

Such a beautiful hostel with amazingly welcoming owners: it's a 20 minute walk from the town center but it's perfect to escape the tourists and the view at sunset is incredible!

The owner are very lovely People We enjoyed our time!

I wanted to stay in this hostel as it states it is "famous for it's vegetarian food". However this is false as there is no menu at all. To get to the hostel costs 8000 pesos one way on a jeep which is expensive as you have to go to and from town to be able to eat as there is no food in the hostel. Breakfast for 8000 when I was there was only arepas and fruit. This is a little too much considering you can go to a restaurant called "brunch" and get a delicious meal for the same price

• 9th Dec 2014

Hi Jason! Sorry if you doesn't stay well in our hostel, we try that you feel as you stay in your home, to shared food and conversations, but now we understand that is not this. Is really that we don't have dinner service in this moment, and it is error in the web. But is not true about the breakfast: arepa, fruit, and eggs, and natural juice, and cereal, and milk, and coffe, chocolate and tea. Thank for your comment Yambolombia team

Totally worth it! Very chilled hippie vibe, good to get to know other guests and the staff (Gabriel and Marta, they are really lovely) the beds (both in dorm and private room) are realy comfortable, clean bathroom, amazing breakfast! just make sure the water heater is on before you go shower, it gets reeeally cold there at night ;)

Very friendly and helpful staff. Amazing breakfast and bikes to rent. Great view of the coffee region to wake up to in the morning. Quiet, peaceful and chilled out. Lots of information available. Close to the coffee fincas and a short walk to the town. Generous and kind hosts.

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Incredibly peaceful location, definitely recommend for couples. Quite far from town though and no WIFI is a bit of a bummer if you're travelling around.

Very friendly and informative staff. Incredibly peaceful, would definitely recommend for couples! No wifi is a bummer if you're travelling and it's quite far out from town.

Really enjoyed my stay here. The owner is lovely and makes a mean breakfast if you wish. The farm is nice and peaceful. It's a bit far from town with your luggage - I walked with my backpack and felt it for days but otherwise it's only about 20 minutes with nice views :) it's also closer to the coffee tours than other hostels. There's no internet but you can get that in town.

Pros: This is a very cute home-like (and made) hostel in a beatiful setting. Gabriel the Colombian owner is laid back and likes to talk to his guests. We stayed in the dorm (comfy beds) as the bed in the privates looked too small. The breakfast is delish! Cons: there's no door and no drapes so the light and sound came in easily. The steps into the dorm are a bit uncomfortable and i banged my head a couple of times! Bring food as there's no restaurant service. Its a 20min walk to salento.

Really good experience. One of a kind atmosphere!

• 16th Sep 2014

The walk from the city center is more like 40 minutes IMHO, but the surrounding area is beautiful. I felt like the bathroom facilities were insufficient. Our room seemed a bit dusty, too. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay.

It's alright however its a good 30min walk to town and I think the other hostels are better value of money. Also I found the bathroom situation odd as the room didn't have a lock but the shower didn't have space to hang your clothes. So it was a mad rush to get dressed before anyone came in.