Yambolombia Hostel Reviews

Km 2, Palestina, Salento, Colombia

It's a really beautiful hostel with great views of the area . The owner and staff are all really friendly and will help with whatever, and there was also a really calm and relaxing atmosphere here. It was a clean hostel, but I had a lot of problems with my dust allergies here, so maybe if you have that think twice .

I could have stayed forever! Love this place and the staff! Beautiful and peaceful surroundings!

Enjoyed our stay here, is a very beautiful spot, and the owners were lovely. Our biggest problem was that it was 35min walk from town (not 20min as stated). It was a bit lacking in common areas with only a table to chill out at, a surprise as the property is lovely and could easily be developed to be a bit more welcoming. Also there was warm water for one of our showers, but all the other times it was cold. Location/ was/ good/ for/ visiting/ the/ finca's/ though.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

This hostel is a pleasant 20 minute walk from town. It is beautifully located on a hill with good views on the area. If you have a tent, you can pitch it on top of the hill, amazing spot! We booked for 3 nights, but eventually stayed for a week in a nice private room. Gabriel and Marta who run it are really friendly, they make you feel at home. We went mountain biking for a day. You can rent them at the hostel.

This is a really nice property located about 30 min walk from the main square in Salento. The staff are lovely, though mostly speak spanish / good if you need to practice. Comfy beds, huge breakfasts and chilled out atmostphere.

This hostel is out of town, but the walk from the center to the hostel is very nice. The view from the garden is beautiful. A downer from this hostel is that it is nog very clean, so if you are alergic to dust, prepare for a lot of sneezing. You pay extra for breakfast, but then you will get a breakfast that gives you enough calories for the rest of the day until diner. Stock of beer was not present when we arrived after a long trip :(. Nice plus: you get a handmade bracelet when leaving :)

Amazing place, amazing host, and a great vibe for those that like being out of town. I would recommend this place to anyone

This is my second stay and it won't be my last! People are friendly and the country atmosphere makes this perfect place to get away from city pressures and stress!

I only stayed one night... No wifi... Although that's my fault for not noticing online as they do advertise this.. I think for people who want to escape this please is beautiful and great.. But I am a solo traveller on a tight schedule so needed to book air tickets etc so the lack of wifi really didn't work for me.

Great hostel. It doesn't have wifi or television which for us is a plus. The owner is really nice and there is amazing artwork everywhere. The only downside is that there is only one bathroom.

We had a nice stay! Only points we disliked were the remote location and bad conditions of the muddy road - ie using the bikes for going to town was not possible... and that due to heavy rain falls we had some water dripping in our room.

We had an amazing time staying at Yambolombia. The hostel owner Gabriel and his team of volunteers were so friendly and helpful, and were always happy to give advice/arrange activities for us. Everybody sits down for breakfast/dinner together, which gives a nice family feel, and the portions are not only delicious but massive too. The location means that you get a stunning view of the valley from the vantage point of their garden, and its only a 20 minute walk to the centre. Highly recommended!

Hostel is located on a small hill, with nice views. Staff wasn't all that communicative and didn't give a lot of information, expected more of this, especially after reading the comments on tripadvisor and hostelworld. 20 minute walk to Salento is a bit far, but on the other hand, it is half way from Salento to two nice coffee farms and a nature reserve. Hot water after asking and no wifi.

The staff are friendly and helpful and it's nice thast they have a small store, given the distance from town. However, it would be good to have access to the internet, being so far from town. It can get very cold at night and the noise from conversations and 'love-making' can disturb you at night or early in the mornings. I found there was little atmosphere but perhaps it sees itself as more of a chilled place. The kitchen could do with better equipment like cups and a strainer. Good coffee.

Lovely hostel! In Salento, I highly recommend getting out of the town and staying where you can have bonfires at night and see the great stars! Lovely place, very chill. Nice staff. The private room we had was big and comfortable with great views!