Yambolombia Hostel Reviews

Km 2, Palestina, Salento, Colombia

I wanted to stay in this hostel as it states it is "famous for it's vegetarian food". However this is false as there is no menu at all. To get to the hostel costs 8000 pesos one way on a jeep which is expensive as you have to go to and from town to be able to eat as there is no food in the hostel. Breakfast for 8000 when I was there was only arepas and fruit. This is a little too much considering you can go to a restaurant called "brunch" and get a delicious meal for the same price

• 9th Dec 2014

Totally worth it! Very chilled hippie vibe, good to get to know other guests and the staff (Gabriel and Marta, they are really lovely) the beds (both in dorm and private room) are realy comfortable, clean bathroom, amazing breakfast! just make sure the water heater is on before you go shower, it gets reeeally cold there at night ;)

Very friendly and helpful staff. Amazing breakfast and bikes to rent. Great view of the coffee region to wake up to in the morning. Quiet, peaceful and chilled out. Lots of information available. Close to the coffee fincas and a short walk to the town. Generous and kind hosts.

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Incredibly peaceful location, definitely recommend for couples. Quite far from town though and no WIFI is a bit of a bummer if you're travelling around.

Very friendly and informative staff. Incredibly peaceful, would definitely recommend for couples! No wifi is a bummer if you're travelling and it's quite far out from town.

Really enjoyed my stay here. The owner is lovely and makes a mean breakfast if you wish. The farm is nice and peaceful. It's a bit far from town with your luggage - I walked with my backpack and felt it for days but otherwise it's only about 20 minutes with nice views :) it's also closer to the coffee tours than other hostels. There's no internet but you can get that in town.

Pros: This is a very cute home-like (and made) hostel in a beatiful setting. Gabriel the Colombian owner is laid back and likes to talk to his guests. We stayed in the dorm (comfy beds) as the bed in the privates looked too small. The breakfast is delish! Cons: there's no door and no drapes so the light and sound came in easily. The steps into the dorm are a bit uncomfortable and i banged my head a couple of times! Bring food as there's no restaurant service. Its a 20min walk to salento.

Really good experience. One of a kind atmosphere!

• 16th Sep 2014

The walk from the city center is more like 40 minutes IMHO, but the surrounding area is beautiful. I felt like the bathroom facilities were insufficient. Our room seemed a bit dusty, too. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay.

It's alright however its a good 30min walk to town and I think the other hostels are better value of money. Also I found the bathroom situation odd as the room didn't have a lock but the shower didn't have space to hang your clothes. So it was a mad rush to get dressed before anyone came in.

A little out of town so you have to be willing to walk and have some patience... Location is more than beautiful and owners and staff simply amazing. Yoga on request, a lot of information and they will do everything in their ability to make your stay great. Would have loved to stay longer but we didn't have more time. Beautiful beautiful beautiful!

It's a really beautiful hostel with great views of the area . The owner and staff are all really friendly and will help with whatever, and there was also a really calm and relaxing atmosphere here. It was a clean hostel, but I had a lot of problems with my dust allergies here, so maybe if you have that think twice .

I could have stayed forever! Love this place and the staff! Beautiful and peaceful surroundings!