Superb 207 Total Reviews
Superb 207 Total Reviews
Yambolombia Hostel Located at Km 2, Palestina, , Salento.
Colombia
Salento Quindio km 1.5, Palesti Km 2, Palestina
91% 207
4.6335747 -75.5779337
    Rooms available

17th Jul 2016

This was far and away my favorite hostel I've stayed at in my travels in Colombia. The staff were friendly and helpful and made me want to return in the future. Although I was only able to spend one night, it was memorable. Staff was helpful and friendly and the atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed. Beds were so comfotable. Must mention the view! The view and the walk to the hostel were worth every second and penny spent in and on this wonderful slice of heaven.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
13th Jul 2016

The owner Gabriel is really nice and does everything to make your stay enjoyable. The rest of the staff is also friendly and I really loved my stay in this hostel. Will definitely come back!

• misscuddy
  • England, Couple, 25-30
9th Jul 2016

We had a lovely time here. The staff were very friendly and it had a chilled but social atmosphere. Good value private room with shared bathroom - comfy beds. Nice social open plan areas with sofas, large family style table and well stocked kitchen for cooking. 20 mins walk from town but this means it's in very beautiful countryside. The owner helps you with anything you need, what a lovely man! Cute dogs too. Thanks!

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Jul 2016

Loved staying here. The staff are so great and so helpful. It is a beautiful hostel with great places to chill, you can walk up hill and watch the sunset in a hammock. It is between the coffee farms and Salento. I really enjoyed the walk into town as you saw beautiful scenery you would not see if you stayed in town!

• Sweden, Female, 25-30
6th Jul 2016

I didn't technically stay here.. A day after I made my booking, I suffered an injury which meant I was limping everywhere. I got a jeep to the hostel and explained my situation to Gabriel. I had been travelling for many hours, it was 7am and I was exhausted... Gabriel put me up in a room to rest for a few hours, and when I later said that I couldn't stay due to my injury, he was super kind about it. I wish I could have stayed though. This place is beautiful. Thank you for your kindness.

• Netherlands, Couple, 25-30
3rd Jul 2016

Yambolombia is such a brilliant little getaway, with a brilliant view. Though it's a good way out of town it's a beautiful walk (though take a jeep with your bags!) The staff are warm & welcoming and while the guests hanging around make a fun crowd it's still quiet. We got the room with the private bathroom, which was large and pretty. By the end, we didn't want to leave - and from the guestbook I get the impression it was like that for everyone! Would definitely recommend.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
29th Jun 2016

Such a wonderful escape from the city and kind and gracious hosts. Felt like I was staying at a local ranch with a friend. The only noise at night is the crickets and horses. Perfect ambience, clean, very safe and wonderful view. As a single traveling female, I was able to feel at ease and meet other travelers. 20 min scenic walk from the main square/town or cheap 5min jeep that could be arranged from the hostel or in town. Short 20 min nice walk to all the coffee farmers.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
28th Jun 2016

The hostel has an amazing view even though is a bit far from the city, 2km during the day it's fine but at night is there is no much light on the way if you wanna go walking. The staff is very friendly and the place is clean. No wifi.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
26th Jun 2016

Very special place. It's a 20 minutes walk from the center of salento but defenetlely worth it. Located on a hill with a fabulous view. Highly recommended.

• Italy, Couple, 25-30
22nd Jun 2016

Beautiful place! it's unassuming but the atmosphere and the view makes everything so nice, worth every penny..Gaby is super nice and very helpful!