Yambolombia Hostel Reviews

Km 2, Palestina, Salento, Colombia

Pros: This is a very cute home-like (and made) hostel in a beatiful setting. Gabriel the Colombian owner is laid back and likes to talk to his guests. We stayed in the dorm (comfy beds) as the bed in the privates looked too small. The breakfast is delish! Cons: there's no door and no drapes so the light and sound came in easily. The steps into the dorm are a bit uncomfortable and i banged my head a couple of times! Bring food as there's no restaurant service. Its a 20min walk to salento.

Really good experience. One of a kind atmosphere!

• 16th Sep 2014

The walk from the city center is more like 40 minutes IMHO, but the surrounding area is beautiful. I felt like the bathroom facilities were insufficient. Our room seemed a bit dusty, too. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay.

It's alright however its a good 30min walk to town and I think the other hostels are better value of money. Also I found the bathroom situation odd as the room didn't have a lock but the shower didn't have space to hang your clothes. So it was a mad rush to get dressed before anyone came in.

A little out of town so you have to be willing to walk and have some patience... Location is more than beautiful and owners and staff simply amazing. Yoga on request, a lot of information and they will do everything in their ability to make your stay great. Would have loved to stay longer but we didn't have more time. Beautiful beautiful beautiful!

It's a really beautiful hostel with great views of the area . The owner and staff are all really friendly and will help with whatever, and there was also a really calm and relaxing atmosphere here. It was a clean hostel, but I had a lot of problems with my dust allergies here, so maybe if you have that think twice .

I could have stayed forever! Love this place and the staff! Beautiful and peaceful surroundings!

Enjoyed our stay here, is a very beautiful spot, and the owners were lovely. Our biggest problem was that it was 35min walk from town (not 20min as stated). It was a bit lacking in common areas with only a table to chill out at, a surprise as the property is lovely and could easily be developed to be a bit more welcoming. Also there was warm water for one of our showers, but all the other times it was cold. Location/ was/ good/ for/ visiting/ the/ finca's/ though.

This hostel is a pleasant 20 minute walk from town. It is beautifully located on a hill with good views on the area. If you have a tent, you can pitch it on top of the hill, amazing spot! We booked for 3 nights, but eventually stayed for a week in a nice private room. Gabriel and Marta who run it are really friendly, they make you feel at home. We went mountain biking for a day. You can rent them at the hostel.

This is a really nice property located about 30 min walk from the main square in Salento. The staff are lovely, though mostly speak spanish / good if you need to practice. Comfy beds, huge breakfasts and chilled out atmostphere.

This hostel is out of town, but the walk from the center to the hostel is very nice. The view from the garden is beautiful. A downer from this hostel is that it is nog very clean, so if you are alergic to dust, prepare for a lot of sneezing. You pay extra for breakfast, but then you will get a breakfast that gives you enough calories for the rest of the day until diner. Stock of beer was not present when we arrived after a long trip :(. Nice plus: you get a handmade bracelet when leaving :)

Amazing place, amazing host, and a great vibe for those that like being out of town. I would recommend this place to anyone

This is my second stay and it won't be my last! People are friendly and the country atmosphere makes this perfect place to get away from city pressures and stress!