Superb 221 Total Reviews
Superb 221 Total Reviews
Yambolombia Hostel Located at Km 2, Palestina, , Salento.
Colombia
Salento Quindio km 1.5, Palesti Km 2, Palestina
91% 221
4.6335747 -75.5779337
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
7th Aug 2016

I loved my stay at Yambolombia! I was contemplating on staying more than one night at first since there wasn't any wifi and a 25 min walk into town but I ended up staying there my whole stay in Salento and loved it!!! not having wifi made it better since it gave everyone a chance to interact and have bonfires at night. Gabriel was so nice and helpful! Easy to catch a jeep into town. I loved the dogs and horse too! Such a beautiful finca. Breakfast was yummy. thank u Gabriel!

6th Aug 2016

3 words: hippie camping spot. Chill place. Cool staff. They start a fire outdoor every night on the hill top, where you can chill out, enjoy the stars, fireflies, and the thunder clouds in the distance. This is totally a outdoor camping/lodge sort of place, though. There is electricity, hot water (only in the indoor showers), but not internet.

2nd Aug 2016

Casual, very relaxed and with people really caring about the place. I really liked it, you have many place to walk about, bikes for rent, healthy breakfast option. It is a bit out of town and no wifi....and this is the attraction really. It is a place to relax and enjoy nature. I think no lockers, but feels super safe and friendly. It is more a working farm project than hostel. Camping option, and nice views too. Always somebody working or cleaning . I liked the coffee too

• soakley
  • England, Couple, 25-30
26th Jul 2016
8.0

Chilled hippy style hostel. Seemed to be more volunteers there than guests when we were staying! but there's a good kitchen and a pizza oven outside. The place was nice and peaceful at night. It is a good 20 min walk from town - bit tiring with the big backpacks :) The owner's really cool and friendly. Had a good overall stay. No wifi!

17th Jul 2016

This was far and away my favorite hostel I've stayed at in my travels in Colombia. The staff were friendly and helpful and made me want to return in the future. Although I was only able to spend one night, it was memorable. Staff was helpful and friendly and the atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed. Beds were so comfotable. Must mention the view! The view and the walk to the hostel were worth every second and penny spent in and on this wonderful slice of heaven.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
13th Jul 2016

The owner Gabriel is really nice and does everything to make your stay enjoyable. The rest of the staff is also friendly and I really loved my stay in this hostel. Will definitely come back!

• misscuddy
  • England, Couple, 25-30
9th Jul 2016

We had a lovely time here. The staff were very friendly and it had a chilled but social atmosphere. Good value private room with shared bathroom - comfy beds. Nice social open plan areas with sofas, large family style table and well stocked kitchen for cooking. 20 mins walk from town but this means it's in very beautiful countryside. The owner helps you with anything you need, what a lovely man! Cute dogs too. Thanks!

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Jul 2016

Loved staying here. The staff are so great and so helpful. It is a beautiful hostel with great places to chill, you can walk up hill and watch the sunset in a hammock. It is between the coffee farms and Salento. I really enjoyed the walk into town as you saw beautiful scenery you would not see if you stayed in town!

• Sweden, Female, 25-30
6th Jul 2016

I didn't technically stay here.. A day after I made my booking, I suffered an injury which meant I was limping everywhere. I got a jeep to the hostel and explained my situation to Gabriel. I had been travelling for many hours, it was 7am and I was exhausted... Gabriel put me up in a room to rest for a few hours, and when I later said that I couldn't stay due to my injury, he was super kind about it. I wish I could have stayed though. This place is beautiful. Thank you for your kindness.

• Netherlands, Couple, 25-30
3rd Jul 2016

Yambolombia is such a brilliant little getaway, with a brilliant view. Though it's a good way out of town it's a beautiful walk (though take a jeep with your bags!) The staff are warm & welcoming and while the guests hanging around make a fun crowd it's still quiet. We got the room with the private bathroom, which was large and pretty. By the end, we didn't want to leave - and from the guestbook I get the impression it was like that for everyone! Would definitely recommend.