Yamen Hostel Reviews

69 Yamen Street, Pingyao, China

You can find everything you need in a hostel to have a good time and staff is very friendly and helpful. One thing I would recommend to provide is lockers in the room but apart from that, the hostel is very safe and there is no to fear for your belongings.

The dorm beds have no proper mattresses, there are no lockers either and the showers are not super clean, or warm. The common room's nice though, and warm. Pingyao's pretty small but the hostel is quite ideally located. Staff didn't seem very enthuisiastic to help or answer questions.

A very nice hostel in the middle of the old city

Need to consider the price paid for this hostel when commenting, but as well as being the cheapest, it was definitely the most basic accommodation that we stayed in the entire trip (2 weeks, 7 hostels) - the room smelled damp and there were live plugs which I thought were probably too close to the shower head (which had to be live in order to heat the water). Floor was dirty, but location is great.

Some rooms don't have a heater (3 bed room), only ac, which with the bad isolation leads to freezing nights!! Hot water in the 10 bed mixed dorm is only enough for max 2 people, even 1,5 hours later it was still not warm! The owner didn't seem very nice, the rest of the staff did...

Friendly staff. They booked a coach for us to Xian (although the price was more than it said on the board, though that may have been due to Chinese New Year). Room was pleasant, although there was a very strong smokey smell in the bathroom, which wasn't too nice. We didn't eat at the hostel but it has a nice open area with a pool table, wifi and food available. Our room was fairly clean. Overall it was a pleasant stay for an overnight stop.

The staff were very helpful during the stay and changed my room when requested, as it was too noisy. However, they did not arrange my early check out with the night security, who I had to wake up to unlock the doors and let me out! Almost missed my train but, that apart, a good stay.

A real bargain for such price and nothing to complain about. My dormitory was clean, plenty of space and heating system in each bed. The staff was very helpful and provide day-tour and train booking. I will definitely recommend here, more than Harmony guesthouse in Pingyao

Although very rustic and a beautiful old building with perfect location. we did not find our stay pleasurable. We stayed in a triple bed which was 3 open courtyards away from the reception but more importantly from the bathroom meaning a cold dark walk at night as no lanterns. shower getting cleaned right after the squat toilet with same mop. 2 showers, 1 cold. luggage room=play room (no camera, not secure). we and another guest found our bags opened. lounge was freezing. food served cold.

At the heart of the old town a great value for money hostel. Would definitely stay there again.

- beautifull typical Chinese bedrooms - kindfull staff, nice pooltable

Hostel was fine for location. Cool retro interior as long as you forget about the drains. In saying that at least they were covered Overall we enjoyed our stay, loved the room and the warm blankets Only small criticism, a map of town would been handy and staff need to be slightly more interactive. We would recommend this hostel.