Yangshuo Outside Inn Reviews

Helan Fandian, Jima, Chaolong, Yangshuo, China

For me I liked the rustic atmosphere. It is easy to bike most anywhere Ronald and Wendy were great in helping any way as was the rest of the staff I dealt with. The food was good and I thought the prices were reasonable. I found the bicycle seats hard was my one slight issue.

Really clean and friendly place a bit more up market than we are used to as backpackers. For the money well worth it, the food is excellent and they even do bacon and eggs at breakfast! Slight trek to get there but once there great. We went out of season so there wasn't a lot of other guests!

A wonderful place to stay in real rural China away from the noise & bustle of cities & towns. Such a friendly welcome & nothing was too much trouble. Food excellent and our 6 day stay was a great relaxation after a hectic but enjoyable trip from Mongolia through China. A MUST to stay at amongst the most wonderful dramatic scenery.

Beautiful area away from the cities. A river you can SWIM in. Beautifull

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Perfect place to stay for exploring the beautiful area around Yangshuo - so much better than staying in the town itself which is rammed full of tourists.

We enjoyed staying at the Outside inn so much we came back to stay again before the end of our trip. It's beautiful and relaxed. Great staff and owner. Amazing landscape. Couldn't ask for more. I loved it. Will definitely recommend to friends and family and return myself in the future.

I loved this place! The staff are super helpful, the room was beautiful and the atmosphere is excellent. Beautiful spot.

A bit of a journey to get there but once there magical. The staff were excellent and the food absolutely devine. It was somewhere you could stay indefinately, loved it. Thank you.

Great place and great food !

Easily one of the best hostels I have every stayed at. The staff is super friendly and accommodating, and very helpful with any and all questions or requests. It is located bit outside of the city which is amazing for a good night sleep, and it only costs around 40 kuai to get back into the city if you so choose. I recommend this place to everyone! Can't wait to go back!

This place was beautiful. After traveling around China in hostels, I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it was to stay in a place like this for a few nights. As if Yangshuo isn't already beautiful enough! This hostel is away from the main city area, which to some might be annoying, but I thought it made my experience even better. It's closer to isolated bike routes and farmland, which is why many go to Yangshuo in the first place. Staff is wonderful! Place is beautiful! Definitely go.

Great atmosphere near the fireplace.

Very relaxed atmosphere and staff were very friendly and helpful. Location wise it's a bit far out of town to walk but brilliant location to explore on a bicycle. Food was good also and real value for money. Would stay here again.

We really enjoyed our stay at outside inn, the location is great for relaxing and exploring the countryside. The food is delicious and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We really recommend this hotel for everyone who wants to relax, experience and explore rural China.

Charming and quiet place outside Yangshuo. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Our favourite hostel of our China trip! The hostel is 4km from the centre of Yangshou so you may be booking a few taxis at 30rmb each. It's close to the Yulong river so great for those wanting to bamboo raft, cycle, or hike. The staff were brilliant, especially Wendy - great English and was very helpful in making the most of our stay. You can also book activities through hostel and pay for everything at the end by credit card (3% surcharge) which meant we didn't worry about withdrawing cash.

It is too out of the way without the benefits of scenery or location.Once you are there you are forced to eat breakfast and dinner there at their restaurant because it is in the middle of nowhere and very dark. The plumbing was terrible and smelt awful. No hot water kettle in the rooms (one of the good things about all ChineseHotels). I don't recommend you do any of the walking tours they propose - they are unkept and dangerous. Very expensive in relation to the other hotels in the area.

• 4th Sep 2013
  • Spain

This hostel was just what we needed for. Quite, welcoming place in the middle of a village. We really liked it being a bit off the yangzhou, it was great to be away from the tourist crowds. Our room was spacious and very clean. We had a nice garden view which we especially liked early in the morning. Staff is the best. Everyone is speaking good english and ready to help all the time. The food is good and have reasonable prices. We stayed there 5 nights and we enjoyed every moment.

If you look for a peacefull hostel, you are in the right place. Close to the river, start of hiking path, rent of byci.. Out of town (10min taxi), we could enjoy the other side of china. Thanks

Staff was very helpful, responded adequately to every comment or question, arranged trips, tickets etc. Good to excellent english, also of non/european staff. Good value for money, highly recommendable location outside of Yangshuo madness, only a few minutes walking from the river of into the hills ,

• 18th Aug 2013