Yangshuo Wada Hostel (West Street) Reviews

No.43 Pan Tao Road, Yangshuo, Guilin, Yangshuo, China

One of the best hostels I´ve ever stayed in in China. I was very surprised. The room itself is very clean. You can have some privacy even in dorm due to curtains. Also very friendly and helpful staff (they make an awesome coffee too). The hostel is located just a minute from the West street. I would definitelly recommend to stay!

Thank you for your kind words! Team Wada

A great hostel for a cheap price! Located right next to the end of West street, but in a quiet alley. The staff is awesome, and they also play good music in the common area. Air conditioning in the room and electrical blankets. The rooms are not very big, yet I found them very convenient. Highly recommended!

Thanks for your review! Glad your like our choice of music! You're welcome to make any recommendations next time! =) Team Wada

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Location, cleanliness, food, friendly staff - everything was superb! Would definitely come back here!!

Thank you so much! =) Team Wada

Wasn't able to do much during my time in Yangshuo. Due to weather and or low numbers of people this time of year, many activities weren't available (and then once I waited several hours to find out something wasn't available, it was too late for several OTHER activities). Also, dorms are a little cramped (not nearly as comfy as the Wada in Guilin). But in general the staff were very kind, food was good, and it's very close to West street. I would stay there again, with some adjustments.

Thank you for your review! We do apologize the weather was not in your favor during your time here. For the ongoing tours and activities that happen in the town, we ask that guests inquire about them at our reception. We can give a thorough detail of everything that is happening at any given time. Guests should also note that many activities cannot be booked last minute and may require a few hours notice to ensure availability. Team Wada

Great hostel near all the attractions. Loved the heaters in beds!

Thanks for staying with us! =) Team Wada

The place is very nice. We had a really good time.

Glad you had a good time! Thanks for the review! Team Wada

one of the best hostels i've stayed in in China - maybe the best i've ever stayed in actually! shame i only had one night there. staff were really helpful and spoke very good English. dorm room and bathroom was very clean, had curtains and plugs for the beds (not to be taken for granted in China!). location right at the top of west street so just a two minute walk to the centre of yangshuo. would definitely stay here again if i was ever back in yangshuo, very very good value for money - thanks!

It means a lot to us that you think we're the best considering you only stayed for a night! Wished you could have stayed longer! =) Team Wada

Loved our stay at Wada. The staff were incredibly helpful. Great little social area downstairs and good grub too.

Thanks for your wonderful review! =) Team Wada

Everything was perfect until I tried booking the shuttle bus to Guilin North the night before and was told by staff that it would be done in the morning. Turns out they hadn't and couldn't book it, and after spending 3 hours on public buses I missed my train and had to wait 7 hours for the next one. Wasn't a great experience. Book your transfers early and confirm in advance.

Hey, thanks for staying with us. We feel really sorry about you missed the train. For the shuttle bus we reminded you twice in the evening ad asked to confirm ASAP, but you didn't confirm until 11pm which is too late to contact the ticket office and driver, also the second morning they started working from 8:30am which is also too late for you. As your suggestion, we also tell the guests to book transfers ASAP, earlier is always better. :) Wish you nice trip and Happy New Year Team Wada

Awesome hostel, great location and staff. WADA Girls are fantastic. Rooms are quite cosy but always clean and all dorms have an ensuite. Really enjoyed our stay, highly recommend.

Great hostel with even greater staff! Had such a good time here with people I met in the hostel and the wada girls alice and Amanda! They took us up to the TV tower for sunset and it was one of the nicest views I've seen in China. Yangshuo is touristy but once you get outside with a bike it's wonderful. The wada staff informs you very objective about stuff like bike rent, where to get the cheapest stuff. it's the best hostel I stayed at in China, special thanks to Alice!

Thank you for your nice review! It was an enjoyable hike that day with you guys! Have a safe trip! =) Team Wada

Like many have already said, this place is gold. They have everything you need and more and really know how to make you feel right at home. It's super close to crazy West St but hidden behind the main road so not so noisy. Loved the food. And yes, try the fries!

We love gold! Thank goodness we are just far enough away from the crazy West St. and we also love our fries!

I've stayed in over 50 hostels this year and this one is definitely in my top 3. Very close to West Street. The rooms are great, comfortable mattresses, electric blankets, curtains and individual lights/ power plugs for each bed. Bathroom in perfect condition and good hot shower. They have a room downstairs with a pool table and darts for free. WiFi works everywhere, but Internet in China isn't always stable. Staff is always smiling and ready to help. They also have good food for a fair price.

Thank you for your amazing review! It means so much to us that you would put us up there as your top 3 among 50. Enjoy your trip! Hope your next stay could be as good as ours! =) Team Wada

I had read some reviews and heard about Wada from a friend and it was nothing short of expectations. The Wada girls are amazing. So genuine and happy to help. It made my two day stay there so much more enjoyable. The beds were comfortable and clean. I had forgotten to bring a towel, but they provided me one and they had a hair drier too! The bathrooms are attached to the rooms so it can prove to be quite convenient. The common area is nice and comfortable and the WiFi works really well too. :)

• 5th Dec 2015
  • China

Thank you for your review! We love making sure people stay clean! =) Team Wada

Location is absolutely good. Convenient to attractions and bustop. Wifi is a little Bit slow though.

Thanks for your review! Just got another Wifi set up thanks to your feedback! Wifi is super fast now! =) Team Wada

Best hostel in China so far. It's very well located but more than anything the staff was second to none. The Wada girls made the atmosphere fun and inviting when we were all stuck inside because of the rain. The electric blankets in all the beds was a big plus and so was the pool table downstairs. The food in the hostel was also really good, I'd definitely recommend the fries! Thanks WadaGirls for all your help in making our trip in Yangshuo a lot of fun despite the rain!

Thank you for your wonderful review! No matter rain or shine, it's always fun at Wada! =) Team Wada

So sad that I only stayed here for one night, this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are extremely helpful, and really go out of their way to make sure everything goes smoothly. For example, we booked a tour through the hostel and one of the girls came to make sure we left on time. The food is also really nice, I was struggling to find vegetarian options in China, but the hostel's menu has plenty, I recommend the salad I had it 3 times please send me the recipe for the dressing

Thank you for your amazing review! I'm so happy that we were able to meet your vegetarian needs. We know it's practically non-existent in China but we love vegetarian food so we try our best. Sad to see you leave so early! Hope to see you again! =) Team Wada

They upgrade my room from 6 bed into 4 bed dorm. Ilovewada

You earned it! =) Team Wada

Well located and very helpful staff. Environment was the best I found in China! It was very refreshing and comforting to stay at a place where prices seemed right at first and I didn't have to negotiate everything.

Thanks for your review! Nobody likes to negotiate. =) Team Wada

We had a very nice experience in Wada Hostel. Staff is very friendly and ready to help you whenever you need it. Rooms are OK with private bathroom and the common rooms are the perfect place to meet other travellers, have a beer and even have dinner. 100% recomendable.

Thanks for the recommendation! =) Team Wada