Yaseen Hotel Reviews

Market St, Shara Souk, Aswan, Aswan, Egypt

No hot water, no toilet paper, no towels. Place looks scary 2nd and 3rd fls. Place is past it's hey day. Doesn't provide breakfast or even offer for sale. Your on your own. Only thing the man wants is to book your daily taxis or tours to put money in his pocket. Doesn't care about your stay. Don't let him fool you about Asian food being offered. He great advertiser but it's from years ago. Also inside door lock was kept together with a long sharp nail. Really don't recommend it here. May. 201

• 8th May 2014

Only one staff is helpful and good in the hotel. He let's me take shower before I get on the train. And the other don't helpful and impolite. And the hotel cost me a quite high price of the trip of Abu Simbel. Anyway, the price is cheap and the location is good, only one mins walk to the Aswan train station.

• 13th Jun 2013
  • Hong Kong

If you are considering this "hotel" then you should read this review. The manager who runs the place is fantastic. He is great and was honest with us and I applaud him for that. Still this hotel was the most filthy, and I mean FILTHY place I have stayed in my travels through 45 countries. Yes, it is cheap. But it had raw sewage leaking out of the toilet. The walls were covered in dirt. The shower was covered in orange scum and i know for a FACT they dont change the sheets between visitors.

The hotel is close to the bazaar and the train station and a 10-minute walk will get you in the center and the Nile. The rooms are basic and not so clean. For the same cost in egypt is better quality.

Good value for money, easy access to stations and to get around. Staff was helpful and favored for a good room.Thanks! For a short stay and easy to get around, it's a very functional location in Aswan. The hotel/hostel does not have a real common area/kitchen for travelers to use which makes it difficult to socialize or enjoy your own food/time.Needs improvement in upgrading/renewing facilities and cleaning!

Very convenient hotel, located very close to the train station. The staff are friendly, and very helpful. I had a tour and falluca ride ogranised for a very good price within 30 minutes of checking in! Would stay again.

Yaseen Hotel is very conveniently located, in the middle of the bazaar just steps from the train station. And no hassle trying to sell you tours. Beshwy was very helpful during my stay. When I couldn't secure a train ticket to Cairo due to issues at the station, Beshwy arranged for me to have a seat on a nice air-conditioned overnight bus to Cairo that picked me up right in front of the train station. I think that kind of service is what sets Yaseen Hotel apart.

An ok place to stay for the price. Noise from the rialway station is a pain but you get used to it. "breakfast" is a joke.

Nice hostel with good AC. The toilet leaked in our room and the smell wasn't great, but over all this is a nice place to stay and a good value for your money. I would probably rate this at least 80%, just get a room with a toilet that doesn't leak. -Rackem Willy

We arrived to the hotel at 7:30 Am and it was close! we had to find another hotel with all the luggage in the middle of an egyptian souk.

close to the train station. its the only good thing about this place. if you are in a big group its perfect. if you are a lone traveler, i suggest staying somewhere else.

If you're looking for a real travel experience in which your lodging is a means not an end than the Yaseen Hotel is an excellent choice. In the heart of the market, Yaseen is less than two minutes walking from the train station. While maintaining its extremely cheap price, Yaseen offers comfortable beds, air conditioning, and "28 hour" hot water. The staff is accommodating, knowledgeable, and willing to help maximize your experience beyond the walls of the hotel while never becoming overbearing.

For the cheap price per night was really nice. In a good location, clean, AC,... The best thing is the advises of the owner and the cheap trips without comision he offers (Abou Simbek, falooga, etc).

This hotel is conveniently near the train station. The rooms in the third floor are clean and have good mattresses. May hear from noise from the train station but it is quiet than hostel in Cairo.

Thanks to the people in charge of the hotel, especially Beswy, I arrive there without any problem, he even come to the train station to pick me up and take care of everything. Also the place is located in the souk,is a perfect location and a few minutes walking from train station. The hot water worked well and the WIFI works perfect in the lobby and in the rooms also, with very good speed. I did a trip to Abu Simbel also organized by the hotel and it everything worked well. No hassle.

Perfect for the stay in Aswan - cheap, clean, and the owner was very helpful

Owner is awesome and location is perfect. Hostel is so dirty, we were flicking cockroaches off our pillows. In the bathroom, when you turn the light it sounds like someone is crinkling a plastic bag, its the cockroaches running away from the trash which still had puke it in from the guests before us. Floor was like a sand box of dirty grime. Overall extremely grubby and gross. Staff will make you wait at desk while they watch TV. WiFi does NOT work in rooms. Breakfast is two bread sticks.