Yaseen Hotel Reviews

Market St, Shara Souk, Aswan, Aswan, Egypt

You can't beat this place for price and location!

Such great staffs! Everyone, even those who didn't speak english were very helpfull and kind! The owner of this place is very nice. Me and my friends really wanted a lunch in a boat tour on Nile and he arranged averything for us for a fear price. We had a problem with the hot water, because there was hot water only for the first to take the shower. So if you are coming on winter, that's really a problem to think about.

Thank you very much for your attention. Had no problems at all. Staff very helpful.

I had a great stay and the staff was very helpful. The only little hick for me: the whole building has Internet on every floor... Except for the 5th, where my room was. I normally wouldn't mind much sitting in the stairs of the 4th floor for few minutes while sending an email, or using Internet at the reception. But I had some extensive travel planning to do and Internet was a necessity. It would have made my stay easier should I had signal in my room. But everything else was great! :)

• 21st Feb 2015

This is a good budget choice within two blocks of the train station. Rooms are spacious for the price. Take care to get one with working plumbing. When I tested the toilet in the first room offered it sprayed me with a considerable amount of water. In the room that I stayed in the toilet leaked but not to badly.

Very good location, right at the market (souq) the staff is very helpful, they give opinions on prices for tours and other stuff breakfast is a bit disappointing, only some sweet bread with jam/cheese.. the elevator is awesome ;-)

Very helpful staff with informations and fair prices for trips Best hotel I had in Egypt.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is the best place to stay in Aswan! Very well priced for a private spacious room and bathroom. The staff were wonderful and really made sure I enjoyed my stay. I ended up spending more time in Aswan just becuase of this hotel. There are also two lovely rooftops to enjoy. The only issues were that the hot water sometimes didnt last long enough and since it's located right in the center of town so it can be a bit noisy at night. Other than that, a PERFECT stay!

Good hostel, around your average, the owner try to sell your his tour more than the 'standard' price tho so you have to negotiate with him

Good place to stay, close to train station and the satff is very helpful with tours and recommendations. So nice!

No hot water, no toilet paper, no towels. Place looks scary 2nd and 3rd fls. Place is past it's hey day. Doesn't provide breakfast or even offer for sale. Your on your own. Only thing the man wants is to book your daily taxis or tours to put money in his pocket. Doesn't care about your stay. Don't let him fool you about Asian food being offered. He great advertiser but it's from years ago. Also inside door lock was kept together with a long sharp nail. Really don't recommend it here. May. 201

• 8th May 2014

Only one staff is helpful and good in the hotel. He let's me take shower before I get on the train. And the other don't helpful and impolite. And the hotel cost me a quite high price of the trip of Abu Simbel. Anyway, the price is cheap and the location is good, only one mins walk to the Aswan train station.

• 13th Jun 2013
  • Hong Kong

If you are considering this "hotel" then you should read this review. The manager who runs the place is fantastic. He is great and was honest with us and I applaud him for that. Still this hotel was the most filthy, and I mean FILTHY place I have stayed in my travels through 45 countries. Yes, it is cheap. But it had raw sewage leaking out of the toilet. The walls were covered in dirt. The shower was covered in orange scum and i know for a FACT they dont change the sheets between visitors.

The hotel is close to the bazaar and the train station and a 10-minute walk will get you in the center and the Nile. The rooms are basic and not so clean. For the same cost in egypt is better quality.

Good value for money, easy access to stations and to get around. Staff was helpful and favored for a good room.Thanks! For a short stay and easy to get around, it's a very functional location in Aswan. The hotel/hostel does not have a real common area/kitchen for travelers to use which makes it difficult to socialize or enjoy your own food/time.Needs improvement in upgrading/renewing facilities and cleaning!

Very convenient hotel, located very close to the train station. The staff are friendly, and very helpful. I had a tour and falluca ride ogranised for a very good price within 30 minutes of checking in! Would stay again.

Yaseen Hotel is very conveniently located, in the middle of the bazaar just steps from the train station. And no hassle trying to sell you tours. Beshwy was very helpful during my stay. When I couldn't secure a train ticket to Cairo due to issues at the station, Beshwy arranged for me to have a seat on a nice air-conditioned overnight bus to Cairo that picked me up right in front of the train station. I think that kind of service is what sets Yaseen Hotel apart.

An ok place to stay for the price. Noise from the rialway station is a pain but you get used to it. "breakfast" is a joke.

Nice hostel with good AC. The toilet leaked in our room and the smell wasn't great, but over all this is a nice place to stay and a good value for your money. I would probably rate this at least 80%, just get a room with a toilet that doesn't leak. -Rackem Willy

We arrived to the hotel at 7:30 Am and it was close! we had to find another hotel with all the luggage in the middle of an egyptian souk.