Yawarmaki Hotel Reviews

Pantac Calle 131, Cusco, Peru

I arrived after a trek and the woman had my reservation but had not saved my room. She then refused to return my deposit even though I could not stay there as she did not have my room available even though she had my reservation. I cannot comment on the quality of the stay. It was very dishonest to keep my money and refuse to return it especially since the problem was her fault. She walked me down to her friends hostel on the street which turned out fine but still refused to return my money.

• 29th Jul 2015

Rachel and Carlos were so nice - we felt right at home. We were sick one day and Rachel was really nice in bringing us everything we needed. Thanks so much!

A very nice guesthouse, with great owners. Raquel & Carlos were very helpful, kept our bags when we were in Machu Picchu, and the breakfast is great! We really enjoyed it after our 2 day trek in the Cusco area.

Our experience in Yawarmaki Hostel was excellent !!! The hostel is well located in a beautiful typical street of Cusco , close to Plaza de Armas (5 minutes walking ) . The facilities are clean and tidy . The beds are very comfortable and clean and the shower works great. The breakfast is delicious, with fruit, granola , bread , jams , scrambled eggs, coffee , assorted teas , natural juice made ​​fresh daily , all with great affection and care. We feel very good , as we were at home!

• 11th Jul 2015

LOVE this hostel! Even came back for a second and third time. The hospitality is unlike any other hostel I have been in before. Carlos was so accommodating. The facility wad very home like with a separate living room area. The breakfast was delicious with the best fresh fruit juice I have ever had. Carlos even arranged a taxi for us as 530 in he morning and waiting outsole and negotiatEd the price down for us.

I absolutely loved the staff and the location was perfect! I would definitely recommend it to friends.

The staff here is the best! Raquel was so helpful with planning out the details of our trip in and around Cuzco. They really treat you like part of the family!

Very lovely and helpfull people. Very much recommended!

Wonderful host and staff - very clean, safe and quiet, though a little off the main path (which is probably why it was so quiet). Host was so kind and we appreciated his advice and that he came to the street corner to meet our lost taxi! Breakfast was also delicious. We were surprised that the shared bathroom was on the first/ground floor and our room was on the third - that should be clearer upon booking in case there is a family or elderly person. Overall wonderful stay!

Raquel, Carlos and Lydia make you feel like part of the family. The hostel is extremely clean. Nice rooms. Breakfast is delicious; coffee, tea, meuslix, fruit, bread, eggs your way, fresh juice. Quiet street, only a few blocks to the main square & San Blas. Carlos gives great suggestions, directions and cab/bus info. I became ill during my trip. Raquel did all the work to get me to the hospital. When I returned, she gave me motherly care until I was well. Wonderful people, great hostel.

We spent at least 5 days in this hostel. the owner are very kind and helps you in everything that you need. We felt like home.

We stayed at Yawarmaki for 4 nights on the back of so many good reviews and it did not disappoint! It is all down to Raquel the owner and her family. She genuinely cares for you and does everything possible so you have a good time. My girlfriend was suffering with altitude sickness and Raquel was always on hand to give us advice and support. She also let us change our plans twice at the last minute with no fuss! Great location, good wifi, good bed, big rooms, tasty breakfast & value for money

• 6th Jun 2015

I could probably say that it was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. If you like quiet and clean places - go for it. Breakfast was delicious and staff excellent. I hope to be back soon  Marta

Raquel, the owner is very nice and helpful. She gave us detailed explanations,some culture notions and simply was awesome. Her house is nice and clean. The breakfast is fresh and home made. I absolutely recommend this hostel. 5 stars.

Yawarmaki Hostel was great! It's a family run place and very friendly and gracious. The women who greeted us was so helpful and accommodating. We arrived late from the bus station and she had our room ready and waiting! Even made recommendations for dinner. The room was perfect--clean and tidy and warm! Hot shower was a plus. The hostel was so quiet--I loved that. Made for a good night's rest. Great location--easy to find and easy access to main road and taxis. Great stay!

Our family of 4 had a great stay. Raquel was so friendly and helpful,and also negotiated a great price for a private transport to Ollantaytambo. The rooms and community spaces were very clean, and wifi worked well (which was important to our kids). Breakfast was plentiful with yummy smoothies. Raquel even walked us to another hostel to help us find alternative accommodation when she didn't have space for us after our visit to Machu Picchu. We highly recommend this hostel!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff Raquel and Carlos are super friendly. it was hard to find as it is in a very small street and has no big sign but it was super clean and beds were comfortable and on walking distance from Plaza de Armas.

Fantastic place to stay in Cusco. Clean, comfortable place to stay with the most friendly family. Racquel is a fantastic host who makes the most amazing breakfasts. Big, healthy and filling! And she has all the information you need about Cusco. Highly recommend staying here.

It was great! Thank you!

Yawarmaki was great! Raquel was incredibly friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.