Yeccan Hostel Reviews

Jose Mariano Abasolo 916-A, Colonia Centro, Monterrey, Mexico

I booked for 3 nights, but when I arrived on Friday afternoon, the place was closed, a message was on the door with a different phone number than the shown at hostelworld website to request information, I called and sent messages and no one answered, I asked neighboring businesses and nobody knew anything about the place, I spent over an hour waiting outside with my backpack, no one returned my call nor my messages, I was desperate and felt unsafe I preferred to go to another place

I had a wonderful stay at this hostal. The location is awesome, three blocks from the metro and downtown area. The staff was great, they were able to help with all my needs and helped me to navigate the public transportation system. I highly recommrnf this hostal. It was quiet at night also.

First time I'm Mexico, I found a very good atmosphere in this Hostel, food advices to discover the town. Close to the center and the bars, and in a quiet street !. I enjoyed my stop on Monterrey !.

Yeccan is a cool place in a good location. Price was reasonable and the staff spoke English and were friendly. The downsides were it could be noisy at night, both inside and out on the street, there was no breakfast or coffee that I was aware of, and cleaning was haphazard so it could be messy. That said, I would stay here again because it was a good value.

not much hostel choice in monterrey. this place is a bit quirky with the art studio downstairs. wasn't much going on when i was there- think only about 4 guests. that may be because it is out of season or that no one visits monterrey. I would probably seek out a different hostel if i revisited the city especially if there was one that organised group tours and social interaction between the guests

The hostel is excellent -- booked double twin room with a lovely view of the barrio antiguo. Staff are absolutely excellent; also artistic and adorable to boot. ¡Gracias memo y saludos desde Texas!

• 25th Sep 2014