Yellow Submarine Backpackers Reviews

66 Quay Street, Brisbane, Australia

Not clean. Didn't cook for 3 days because we thought it was to dirty. Shower didn't had a door, only a curtain. I would NOT recommend this place. One of the workers was very rude to us because we used the watercooker for a second at our table...

• 22nd Mar 2015

Nice enough for the short time I was there but if you were to stay longer I'd go for a different hostel. Staff were very nice and good location next to the bus station and close to town.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Wales

Good central location in Brisbane, by M3 & Roma st railway station . However train noise loud at night. Staff friendly & coped with my late arrival. Staff had not much local info tho, eg could not provide me with directions to airport. Beds ready as per booking & clean linen. General maintenance needed to fix a few taps, shower heads, toilet button, restock toilet paper, but overall adequate, Was able to have shower in nice warm water. Free Wi-Fi but took many attempts to successfully connect.

This hostel is a little run down but has character. It is good value for money. Friendly people and atmosphere, and an easy walk to the center of Brisbane.

Toilet door didn't have a lock or a light and swung open if you didn't have anyone to hold it for you. Wasn't the cleanest hostel and staff weren't the most helpful but it did the job -I have stayed in worse! Good location.

This hostel is great and so cheap! It's perfectly located for South bank and the city areas. The staff are really friendly and the facilities are decent for the money you pay for. I honestly can't see why this place gets so low reviews. I'd happily come back here!

The wifi worked like 10% of our two day stay and the staff where very rude

The location of the hostel is excellent, the walk to Roma st station is only approx. 10 min. Also the staff was very friendly, and they even knew a bit of Finnish! Unfortunately, almost everything else was a big disappointment. Our room was dirty and it stank heavily when we arrived. The facilities could have been alright, there were plenty of toilets and showers, but they weren't well kept. Also, people were allowed to smoke all over the outer area. All in all, not worth the money spent.

location is ok, takes about 10 mins to transit centre and about 15-20 mins walk to southbank or queen street. there was so much stuff in the rooms that belonged to nobody currently staying. the kitchen area was really smelly and stuff in the fridge was in some cases definitely months old. showers and toilets were ok.

Cheap stay. Cleaning is okay. Incredible lack of kitchenware though.

If i could give it 0% i totally would. It was disgusting, the people were ignorant, toilet doors wouldn't shut, rooms smelled really bad, electricity died 3 times in the night. Men's shower facilities were ridiculous. Communal shower with just curtains was bullshit.

We are so sorry for the bad experience that you have. We know we have very old building we are trying to apply the renovatiing approveal. At this stage, we have 4 cleaner to clean all hostel and two major cleaning work in a day. We will try our best to mantain the cleaning. Thank you for your reviews. We will imporve it. If there still have chance we would like to invite you come back to have different experience.

I booked a double room and my booking at first could not be located. Then I was told my 2 beds were split up into two separate rooms. Then I asked if there was anyone else I would be sharing each room with and I was told no, yet when I looked at the rooms someone else was staying in them also. It was at this point that I asked for a refund and was left to find another hotel to stay at last minute on one of the busiest nights of the year. Not a great start to my girlfriends birthday.

• 27th Sep 2014

We are so sorry for the mistake. In that time hostel is very busy and sometimes the system make mistake. No doubt that is our reponsability to fix it. We would like to do full refound for your stay to make up for our mistake. Can you please contact our head manager Giles. he will help you to do the refound process. chenyuchi002@hotmail.com So sorry for the mistake again