Yellow Submarine Backpackers Reviews

66 Quay Street, Brisbane, Australia

Free wifi, that alone is awesome in australia, nice kitchen and very helpful staff.

For the price, you get what you pay for... Room was ultra dirty and smelly, I'm glad my bed was next to the window otherwise I would die. Had a roommate who set up his home cinema and watch movie while you rest... Toilet are really old and dirty. There is only 1 tiny sink in the corner. My room was downstair, looked like a cave full of rubbish, clothes and dirty stuffs. The fella from the staff was nice but the girl was snobbish. Tips: learn how to speak and pronounce in English that will help u

Really cheap and basic. Not terrible but not nice. Not ideal if you need an early night for a flight as the social area is open 'til 11pm and you can hear everything.

we arrived from NZ early morning and the staff allowed us into our room. We did not eat in the hostel because we did not think that it was clean. couldn't wait to leave. Very disappointing.

• 13th Aug 2015

Hello, thank you for your kindly complaint. I feel sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay too much. We will try our best to imporove the claenliness and services. Thank you.

YSB is a cheap backpacker, and you shouldn't expect much from it. The rooms are in a rather poor conditions, and with Brisbane's train passing just outside the backpacker, don't have a light sleep. Don't be claustrophobic either, some rooms don't have windows, you may fell oppressed...

probably the most dirty hostel, nothing worked in the kitchen and the rooms smelt. staff were friendly and helpful

this hostel was basic, not the cleanest of places..that's what you get for the price.I enjoyed my stay, however I've never felt so intimidated by the night manager who lives there.He's abusive,& talks to people like they are dirt. I felt very on edge the whole time I was there as he starres at you with everything that you do,myself and others too felt the same way,& it really ruins the atmosphere.He is in the wrong line of work for sure & I hope something is done about this

Requires a lot of cleaning. Very messy and the owners need to invest more money into the place. Not enough fridges for every ones food to be stored in, poor wifi connection, good value for money, but i have stayed in cleaner and newer places in Australia for the same price. Cheap and basic.

• 7th Apr 2015