Yellow Submarine Backpackers Reviews

66 Quay Street, Brisbane, Australia

I booked a double room and my booking at first could not be located. Then I was told my 2 beds were split up into two separate rooms. Then I asked if there was anyone else I would be sharing each room with and I was told no, yet when I looked at the rooms someone else was staying in them also. It was at this point that I asked for a refund and was left to find another hotel to stay at last minute on one of the busiest nights of the year. Not a great start to my girlfriends birthday.

• 27th Sep 2014

very central location, very friendly staff, free wifi, ..recommended!!

My girlfriend and I booked into, and paid extra for, a private twin room but when we arrived were told we were would be put in separate rooms!! And told that that was normal. This was NOT expected and we had no apologies. The toilets were then all closed and port-a-loos put outside. The free breakfast was teabags and bread but there were no cups/plates/mugs to be found anywhere in the kitchen.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Booked this hostel on hostel world, later was then told there wasn't any room for us and we are goin to have to swap rooms on our second room and spilt up on our third night! We did not want to stay for the third night. We was woken up both morning by house cleaning cleaning the bins... Which could be done later. The kitchen was small and cramped, no room to cook or store food. Whole hostel seemed really dated and old needs a referb and smarten up!

More bathroom and cutlery should be added. There are limited cups and plates in the kitchen.

The hostel is pretty clean, the guys clean the bathrooms maybe 3 times a day. The rooms are big enough for 4 beds, but the biggest dorms are too old and smelly. The kitchen is a corridor, the living room is outside and is like a camp. For 25$ you can find something better. For 18 it's alright.

The perfect hostel for backpackers who want to save some money and spend a good time close to the CBD. It's a relaxed and calm atmosphere...sometimes you can here some music at night but it's not too loud and there is the train that runs several times an hour close to the backpackers but you get used to it. A small shopping mall with a coles and cinema is only 5 minutes away by foot. I can only recommend it! The only thing I didn't like was that there was no detergent for the washing machines...

• 2nd Apr 2014