Yellow Submarine Backpackers Reviews

66 Quay Street, Brisbane, Australia

we arrived from NZ early morning and the staff allowed us into our room. We did not eat in the hostel because we did not think that it was clean. couldn't wait to leave. Very disappointing.

• 13th Aug 2015

Hello, thank you for your kindly complaint. I feel sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay too much. We will try our best to imporove the claenliness and services. Thank you.

YSB is a cheap backpacker, and you shouldn't expect much from it. The rooms are in a rather poor conditions, and with Brisbane's train passing just outside the backpacker, don't have a light sleep. Don't be claustrophobic either, some rooms don't have windows, you may fell oppressed...

probably the most dirty hostel, nothing worked in the kitchen and the rooms smelt. staff were friendly and helpful

this hostel was basic, not the cleanest of places..that's what you get for the price.I enjoyed my stay, however I've never felt so intimidated by the night manager who lives there.He's abusive,& talks to people like they are dirt. I felt very on edge the whole time I was there as he starres at you with everything that you do,myself and others too felt the same way,& it really ruins the atmosphere.He is in the wrong line of work for sure & I hope something is done about this

Requires a lot of cleaning. Very messy and the owners need to invest more money into the place. Not enough fridges for every ones food to be stored in, poor wifi connection, good value for money, but i have stayed in cleaner and newer places in Australia for the same price. Cheap and basic.

• 7th Apr 2015

Not clean. Didn't cook for 3 days because we thought it was to dirty. Shower didn't had a door, only a curtain. I would NOT recommend this place. One of the workers was very rude to us because we used the watercooker for a second at our table...

• 22nd Mar 2015

Nice enough for the short time I was there but if you were to stay longer I'd go for a different hostel. Staff were very nice and good location next to the bus station and close to town.

Good central location in Brisbane, by M3 & Roma st railway station . However train noise loud at night. Staff friendly & coped with my late arrival. Staff had not much local info tho, eg could not provide me with directions to airport. Beds ready as per booking & clean linen. General maintenance needed to fix a few taps, shower heads, toilet button, restock toilet paper, but overall adequate, Was able to have shower in nice warm water. Free Wi-Fi but took many attempts to successfully connect.