Yellow Submarine Backpackers Reviews

66 Quay Street, Brisbane, Australia

If i could give it 0% i totally would. It was disgusting, the people were ignorant, toilet doors wouldn't shut, rooms smelled really bad, electricity died 3 times in the night. Men's shower facilities were ridiculous. Communal shower with just curtains was bullshit.

We are so sorry for the bad experience that you have. We know we have very old building we are trying to apply the renovatiing approveal. At this stage, we have 4 cleaner to clean all hostel and two major cleaning work in a day. We will try our best to mantain the cleaning. Thank you for your reviews. We will imporve it. If there still have chance we would like to invite you come back to have different experience.

I booked a double room and my booking at first could not be located. Then I was told my 2 beds were split up into two separate rooms. Then I asked if there was anyone else I would be sharing each room with and I was told no, yet when I looked at the rooms someone else was staying in them also. It was at this point that I asked for a refund and was left to find another hotel to stay at last minute on one of the busiest nights of the year. Not a great start to my girlfriends birthday.

• 27th Sep 2014

We are so sorry for the mistake. In that time hostel is very busy and sometimes the system make mistake. No doubt that is our reponsability to fix it. We would like to do full refound for your stay to make up for our mistake. Can you please contact our head manager Giles. he will help you to do the refound process. chenyuchi002@hotmail.com So sorry for the mistake again

very central location, very friendly staff, free wifi, ..recommended!!

My girlfriend and I booked into, and paid extra for, a private twin room but when we arrived were told we were would be put in separate rooms!! And told that that was normal. This was NOT expected and we had no apologies. The toilets were then all closed and port-a-loos put outside. The free breakfast was teabags and bread but there were no cups/plates/mugs to be found anywhere in the kitchen.

• 2nd Sep 2014

We are so sorry for the mistake we made. Hope we have chance to make up this mistake. We would like to do full refound for your stay to say sorry. About the toilet and shower room. We are so sorry for your feeling. In fact we are old buliding and we are trying to renovating this building and provide more comfortable stay experence for every customer. Can you please contact our head manager Giles He will help you to do the refound process. chenyuchi002@hotmail.co

Booked this hostel on hostel world, later was then told there wasn't any room for us and we are goin to have to swap rooms on our second room and spilt up on our third night! We did not want to stay for the third night. We was woken up both morning by house cleaning cleaning the bins... Which could be done later. The kitchen was small and cramped, no room to cook or store food. Whole hostel seemed really dated and old needs a referb and smarten up!

More bathroom and cutlery should be added. There are limited cups and plates in the kitchen.