Yep! Hostel Reviews

Wesselenyi 13, Budapest, Hungary

Very good location,easy access to Szimpla kert. The hostel was clean and the staff is helpful. I definitely recommend this place.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Hungary

I got bitten all over by bed bugs, the man in charge left for about 3 hours, leaving people who were to check in waiting outside. No lock on the room door. The room decor was pretty cool and the location was handy but overall it was not worth it.

Very good location. Clean and quiet. Interesting staff - some people say he's grumpy now and then, but I think he's just expressing his emotions and that's healthy. And he's very helpful in the end.

The staff was really great and helpful. The room we had in the flat was huge and very well located.

Very cosy little hostel. It's quiet and feels kind of like you have your own apartment in Budapest. A short walk to transport, supermarkets, bars and restaurants.

Great Hostel and the staff is very welcoming!

Location of Yep Hostel is perfect! Right next to the Jewish Synagogue and quite close to Szimpla (one of the best ruined pubs in Budapest). We arrived at the hostel early in the morning. We did send an email to the hostel two weeks before to notice them. Apparently the hostel owner didn’t expect us, because he was really cranky. We had a private room which was really big and we shared a kitchen and bathroom with two other couples. Everything was clean. The room was on the other end of the street

Maybe you didn't receive our mail or it went to the spams, but we sent you our answer. You have to understand it is not possible to kick out the previous guest at 6:00 in the morning because of somebody wants the check in to the same room at that time. We didn't do it with you also, wasn't it fine to sleep until 10:00, tell us honestly? As a solution for similar cases in the future, you should book the previous night also and you can arrive even at 4:00 am if you wish. Thank you for your stay!

The room was fine, although there were no curtains or something else to cover the windows. The owner was a bit grumpy when we arrived (he was just awake), but was more friendly on later occasions. The bathtub was also the drain for the washing machine. The common room was very dark.

It is clear that to stay alone in a private room was great mystery for you, as not only you didn't recognise the curtains, maybe you did not know how it looks out, but finding the shutter caused problems also. Yes, our receptionist use to be sleepy around 6 in the morning, if somebody arrives hours earlier than it was written on the booking. No we plan to change him for a robot. If the room is dark we use to switch on the lamp and the room is flooded with light. Anyway, thank you for your stay!

Very nice hostel. Clean, well located, safe... I would definetely recomend it.

Very nice staff. While I was working on my laptop they offered me food they just made (a hungarian dish) that was delicious. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was good value for price.

Great experience once again ! it was my forth time at the Yep the hostel is very central 5 minutes away from DEAK square and VACI UTCA. it's in the pubs area and everything is just outside the door. the hostel isn't big therefore not much atmosphere , but it's so central that you can have your privet time to sleep and feel the atmosphere of Budapest just outside the door staff is great and always look to treat you good. dont have space to write all good things. but nothing but good things

1) It says that you have parking (http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Yep-Hostel/Budapest/23233#facilities) and you don't. 2) The staff is not really helpful to give tips of tourist attractions, what to see, and so on. They were quite mean as well. Otherwise, the place is quite nice, and even though I didnt care, solo travellers should know that the common areas are not good to meet new people and the hostel is quite quiet at night.

It says on the site that the parking is available, the staff showed you the parking at your arrival. We never told that the parking is free of charge. It seems so the small fee of it was so painful to you, that because of it you didn't want to talk at all with the receptionist during your stay, moreover you didn't want to answer to his morning greetings, maybe you still remember for it. In this situation is hard enough to give tips and advices, as the staff was knocking on a closed door.

Not very welcoming, the free tea and coffee did not exist! The toilet (of which there is two!) had stains all around the bottom, and the shower was dirty too.. The experience did not get any better when after going out to change over to HUF to come back and pay the man his first words were, 'you pay me now'.. Also the sink was full of dishes when I arrived, and I was literally the only person staying there at the time... Explain that?? Do yourself a favour and stay elsewhere

Hey Mate! You not spared us, the things you wrote in your comment are serious. The fact is, this is an off season and our receptionist girl was on holiday during the whole month and as we see, who replaced her, was not the right person for this specific job. Unfortunately, we did not know it in advance. After all, even it can not help you already, but we would like to let you know, that since two days we have new staff in the hostel. Anyway, we thank you for your stay! Owner.

I know where to stay next time in Budapest :-). Hostel near synagogue in jidish quarter, cheap restaurants and shops just few metres from the main door. Staff is very helpful and smiling.

• 12th Oct 2013
  • Poland

we stayed 2 nights in one of yep hostel's appartment, it was a very nice place with everything we needed. when we arrived they wanted to put us in an appartment alittle far from the jewish quarter but after we explaind them that it is a problem for us the girl at the reception was vert helpfull and arranged us a close one. I recommand this this hostel, it was very nice place and the cost is very low.

• 11th Oct 2013
  • Israel

The hostel is basicly a very big apartment devided into rooms, which isn't bad. But perheps more propri. for couples i was in dorms room by my self and it was great. Specialy cause the hostel is super central in the main street of the jewish area where all the pubs and many clubs and lots of atmosphere. The staff is super nice and helpful with info and all, they needed to move me the second day to a different hostel , and for that compensate me with bottle of wine and discount. Great place

Nice stay, really good view

this hostel was fantastic. never have we had such friendly and helpful staff, and it Is obvious they are truly making and effort to help with any information you need. the rooms were really cool, very different theme so it was something new! I highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Budapest.

My boyfriend and I booked a double room with ensuite and it was fantastic. We had use of an authentic apartment only five mins from the river. It was spotless and secure. Would 100% stay again.

We're amazed to receive a full on apartment right in the centre of the city for such a good price! Staff were very helpful and kind girl at reception told us all the best places to change money, buy food, get free walking tours (highly recommend this) and the best ruin bars! Wifi in the room was excellent, fast enough to actually stream videos, and the location was superb - very close to everything from the tram, the Danube, the chain bridge and the basilica. Very much enjoyed our stay!

• 12th Aug 2013