Yi Dou Hostel Reviews

No. 40 Fusui Road, Opposite to South Lake Hotel, Yichang, China

Pros: Good wifi. Big rooms. Close to shopping, parks and restaurants. Friendly staff. Lockers in the room. Nice sitting area. Cons: Staff doesn't speak English. Very far from the train station - need two buses. Take a taxi for about 25 yuan. Didn't have my hostel world booking. Bed has a very, very thin mattress. No key to open your door, the staff have to open it for you???

• 28th Jun 2014

litte or no english spoken but some members of staff tried their best to help and called the english speaking owner on the phone for us to make sure all important info had been given. another member of staff was quite unfriendly and not helpful at all. No wi-fi in the hostel. That was quite an inconvenince for us since we had little info on our next destination and had to book flights and hostels.. no food nor drinks available either, but plenty of shops and restaurants around the corner.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. The facilities are new and quite clean. The environment gives me a feeling of being at home.

The staff was very helpful. One of them even walked with us to the bus station to go to the 3 gorges dam. They had difficulty communicating in English but they really try to communicate through other means. I am glad that we chose this hostel. It is also cheap and close to the bus station to go to the tourist spots.

Our online registration was not taken in account, had to move to another hotel, not the first time that it happens in China. Appart from that the people was very nice and willing to help, and the second hotel was good, although it was not a youth hostel.

Stayed one night in Yi Dou hostel after the Yangtze river cruise. Good location, friendly staff and clean, bright, big rooms. TERRIBLE beds in dorms, basically a sheet on a piece of wood. Overall a decent place.

Difficult to get to via public transport. Staff don't speak English and the bathroom is inside the room in see-through glass walls. A bit weird . . . The cleaner also barged in while I was in the bathroom (before check-out time), and told me to leave so she could clean.

New hostel with very clean and comfortable rooms, staff doesn't speak much English.

Good Hostel, and good area. The staff are nice, and a bit of characters. Need to venture out for food, but there are many places nearby. The directions to the 3 gorges dam is a little off. Make sure you know where the 8 bus is.

The owner of this hostel seems to be quite clueless. He had not recorded my reservation and was not sure I was coming then tried to make me pay more that I hadn't booked, after showing him the email he agreed with me. He then went on a length about how I had to say about how I could only stay in the bed he had put me in, however someone else was staying in this bed, I brought his up he said that rule didn't apply. The next night at 10{00 he asked me to change rooms. There is no atmosphere.

I tried to cancel my booking through Hostelworld and through the hostel, but to no avail. The cruise I was planning fell through. I am not satisified with the service I received al all.