Yogyakarta Backpacker Reviews

Purwodiningratan NG I/915 Ngampilan, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

BED BUGS!!! Hot showers don't work, only 1 egg and dry bread for breakfast, room is dirty and disgusting.. so are the sheets. Clean in the common area, but RATS walking in the house. Have dvd's but dvd player doesn't work, internet isn't great either. Staff almost never around.. Not that much of atmosphere. They do have a laundry machine that you can use for free, which is nice. And hostel closes at 23.00.

I booked a couple of days before I was due tow drive and sent an email asking for an airport transfer. After two days with no response, I called the night before and in a mix of Bahasa and English was told that they don't check their emails every day. They did arrange for someone to collect me from the airport for free though. Upon arrival, told they had overbooked and there were no private rooms available so I would need to go in a "dorm room" for the first three nights. Turned out the dorm roo

8 bed Dormitory is very small, almost no place for luggage and no lockers. If you're looking for a cozy hostel, this is definitely not the place to be. Beds are good. Location is also good. You can walk to mailborostreet in 20 minutes.

The hostel was very nice for me. It was a good location & very good price for backpackers. The hostel was like a house. And I met nice friends from ndifferent countries. Air-Conditonal room was just appreciative. The rounge was big enough & wi-Fi was ok. Sometimes in & out, but I guess the problem is from internet center in Yogja. It was wonderful to stay there. I recieved a nice service from staff members. And breakfast was charming as well. Each person makes his/her own breakfast. Recommand!!

Maybe can add wall mounted hanger in the toilet so I can hang my towel, cloth and put on my toiletries while taking shower.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel was not clean enough, but it might be because of it was raining all day. The staffs are friendly and helpful. There are a piano and a big TV in the living room. They serve breakfast and the WiFi connection is good. The bathrooms are only on the first floor. But we could manage to use it with other guests.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Indonesia

Clean and very good dormitary type backpackers :) and its quite cheap as well :)

Kamar mandi hanya ada di lantai bawah, staff agak sulit ditemui pada waktu mau check in. Tapi suasananya enak,karena ada sofa untuk berkumpul dan tukar cerita dg tamu lainnya.

We were two and honestly we NEVER complain about hostels but we really didn't like the place. No atmosphere at all, we asked for two beds in a dorm, we've been put in a double bed for both in a private room with others people. Floors were pretty dirty, we saw giants rats more than once, no mirrors, no watter most of the time, wifi really bad for the town and nobody to help us on anything. Girls from the staff were really nice but not helpfull at all unfortunatly...

Perfeeect!! Everything in walking-distance, delicious, though simple breakfast, great, strong wifi, friendly staff, piano in the lobby, aircondition in every room... will definitely stay here again !

This hostel is filthy! Rats, cockroaches etc are everywhere!! Staff just sit around and are not helpful at all-sheets on our bed were not even changed! Were only here for one night and it was more than enough!

We had private room with really nice bed. Stuff is very helpful and kind. I could recommend it!