Yogyakarta Backpacker Reviews

Purwodiningratan NG I/915 Ngampilan, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

No lockers available. Western toilet, good showers and free laundry!! Really good. Nice staff en they help you very good (when they re around). Just a 10 minute walk to the city centre. I would stay here again when im in yogya!!!

Beware! There are two Yogyakarta Backpacker locations! It's not made clear in the listing about the two locations and at no point did my booking specify which location I was booked at so I ended up at the wrong location. The staff there seemed more confused than I was and despite me repeatedly showing them my booking they had no interest in trying to understand or help me. Not a single person there spoke any English.

I had to wait a while to check in because no one was there. Good news: free laundry! Location is easy - walkable to center and there is a bus stop (also goes to airport).

• 30th May 2014

The AC in the female dorm was leaking and apparently has been for a long time, as there were big black stains on the wall. Also, please provide lockers for the dorms for your guests' valuables. Terima kasih! The free laundry facilities were very good and the big entrance hall with the piano also is a nice place.

I really really really liked this place. It has a very nice chilled out atmoshpere, as you're sharing breakfast all together around the same table. It was very probably a former big house and managed to keep this nice feeling of a "home". The 8 female bed dorm offer good bed with AC. I think the price is a super deal for all you get here : free breakfast / free laundry / free wifi (available in the room) / free smile / good travel advices / vey good location in the city

I spent really nice 5 days in Jogya, thanks to Backpackers hostel. Its a great value for money, you get simple but very good breakfast, drinkable water any time, rooms are clean, wifi is good, although outside the rooms, staff is very helpful. If I go to Jogya again, I'd stay definitely in this hostel.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

BED BUGS!!! Hot showers don't work, only 1 egg and dry bread for breakfast, room is dirty and disgusting.. so are the sheets. Clean in the common area, but RATS walking in the house. Have dvd's but dvd player doesn't work, internet isn't great either. Staff almost never around.. Not that much of atmosphere. They do have a laundry machine that you can use for free, which is nice. And hostel closes at 23.00.

I booked a couple of days before I was due tow drive and sent an email asking for an airport transfer. After two days with no response, I called the night before and in a mix of Bahasa and English was told that they don't check their emails every day. They did arrange for someone to collect me from the airport for free though. Upon arrival, told they had overbooked and there were no private rooms available so I would need to go in a "dorm room" for the first three nights. Turned out the dorm roo