Yosemite Bug Rustic Mountain Resort Reviews

6979 A Highway 140, Midpines, CA 95345, Yosemite V, Yosemite, USA

Excellent place to stay close to Yosemite national park! Wish we could have stayed longer as the facilities were great! We were literally in and out in 8 hours, arriving at midnight and leaving at 8am to go into Yosemite valley. The staff were excellent and we had a good sleep, yum breakfast and packed lunch for our day ahead. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Other four guests at the co-dorm I stayed were very rude. It is noticed on the wall that there is a quiet policy after 10 p.m.. They arrived after 10:30 p.m. but they made very loud noise. They turned on all the lights at the dorm and talked and laughed very loudly. They were very high but woke all the other guests including me up. I was so angry but I did not talk with them. I am a girl and they are several men. I hope the staff there could have showed up and turned off all the lights at dorm.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • China

Overall, good hostel- clean and secure. The staff were friendly enough. Only downside was that it was a bit of a drive to yosemite national park- 1hr.

A great place due to the athmosphere it creates. It totally fits its environment.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

We love Yosemite Bug and are so thankful it's there and makes our trips to Yosemite affordable. It's a gem of the Sierra.

• 8th Jun 2014

Air Con in the dorms was really annoying, especially in the top bunks. When somebody turned on the fans it felt like a blizzard was raging through the room.

Loved this hostel - only 20 miles from Yosemite valley. The staff were friendly and accommodating & understanding of our confusing, multiple bookings! The dorm rooms were perfect - really clean. The restaurant was really nice but didn't have much variation in the menu during our stay. Lovely breakfasts! Free wifi and parking.

Friendly staff and convenient parking. Saved me hours of travel and allowed me to see Yosemite! :)

• 28th May 2014

It's a great place to stay.

• 25th May 2014
  • Taiwan

Food was great but very expensive (20 bucks for dinner??? Unless you wanted a mediocre sandwich for $13) And THEN you had to clear your own table. I did NOT appreciate this given the prices on the menu. Normally I'm ok with it.

• 17th May 2014

Bug Hostel is a cool little resort. As a person traveling without a car it was perfectly located on the YARTS route so was easy to get to and from Yosemite valley. Facilities were good, the bar area was perfect for unwinding in the evening. I would recommend that anyone traveling without a car stock up with food as it is slightly remote (I easily hitched to Mariposa to collect supplies) also the kitchen became incredibly crowded at suppertime.

Perfect for daytripping to Yosemite Valley. Lovely hippie atmosphere, excellent quality food, great mix of guests, good coffee for mornings and beers for evenings, beautiful surroundings. Beware the steep hill when you're walking from the bus stop though.

Spa is an extra: 15$/pers.

• 13th Apr 2014

great experience. located in a mountain, not so easy to find but so quiet and air are so fresh, can see small squirrel around the cafe and have the spa.

Great place to stay, meet people and relax after long hikes at Yosemite.