Yosemite Bug Rustic Mountain Resort Reviews

6979 A Highway 140, Midpines, CA 95345, Yosemite V, Yosemite, USA

Place rocks. Outstanding food for a value!

• 11th Oct 2014

Loved this place. The cafe/restaurant food is outstanding

Very helpful staff. A great location - a short (40 mins) drive from Yosemite entrance - much better than many of the hotels advertised as Yosemite which are in eg Merced a further hour away.

The kitchen and Cafe staff were excellent. The office staff told me when I checked out that I owed them $26. Naturally I asked what that was for. The response came swift and hard "hang on! ill check!" Very rude. The lady went on the computer, spoke with the other lady, performed a few other duties which I thought were related to me. A few mins later, I asked the lady who was busy doing something else and I was again told abruptly that I was incorrectly charged. No apology. What a rude send off

Very nice place to stay was could not find it in the beginning.Atmosphere is very good

Wi fi is fickle, but free computer in hostel kitchen helps, even though flies rule the building. The atmosphere is a problem in that if you want to hang out in a fun space, you're limited to having food only bought from the hostel, not made yourself. The hostel, again due to making profit from food, really discourages kitchen use with no condiments or spices. And if it isn't abundantly clear, Yosemite is AN HOUR away in EACH direction, IF there is no wait in traffic to enter park.

I loved this place. Rustic and nature oriented; exactly what I was looking for for my trip to Yosemite! The dorms were spacious with big lockers (bring your own padlock!) and the spa and cafe were great too! Would definitely recommend :)

Enjoyed our stay. Friendly staff and great set-up. Good cafe/restaurant, with handy to-go lunches available to bring for your hike that day. A lot cheaper than eating in the park. Would definitely stay again!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Staff were a little creepy. Showers in the room were so so (some good and some not so good). Lots of flies indoors for example the cafe and the kitchen. No free food or breakfast, and the cafe was quite expensive. Had to pay for a towel (compared to most other hostels where you get them for free). Only one computer which was occupied the whole time. THE KITCHEN WAS DISGUSTING!! It looked like it had never been cleaned and there were hardly any utensils.

Great food! Friendly atmosphere. Just wish there was more information on YARTS and how to get around Yosemite if not driving on the website prior to coming.

Excellent food...friendly helpful staff..fantastic location to the park

My friend and I stayed in the women's dorm cabin. We are in out 60's and had a blast. This is the first time that I slept in a bunk bed since I was a kid. The dorms were amazingly clean and the bathrooms were great. We used the hostel kitchen daily to prepare our meals. The only suggestion is that the tables should have a plastic table cloth on them or a good bleaching. That would make the kitchen much better. Planning to return in the fall or next spring. Thanks for a great time.

Excellent place to stay close to Yosemite national park! Wish we could have stayed longer as the facilities were great! We were literally in and out in 8 hours, arriving at midnight and leaving at 8am to go into Yosemite valley. The staff were excellent and we had a good sleep, yum breakfast and packed lunch for our day ahead. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Other four guests at the co-dorm I stayed were very rude. It is noticed on the wall that there is a quiet policy after 10 p.m.. They arrived after 10:30 p.m. but they made very loud noise. They turned on all the lights at the dorm and talked and laughed very loudly. They were very high but woke all the other guests including me up. I was so angry but I did not talk with them. I am a girl and they are several men. I hope the staff there could have showed up and turned off all the lights at dorm.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • China

Overall, good hostel- clean and secure. The staff were friendly enough. Only downside was that it was a bit of a drive to yosemite national park- 1hr.

A great place due to the athmosphere it creates. It totally fits its environment.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

We love Yosemite Bug and are so thankful it's there and makes our trips to Yosemite affordable. It's a gem of the Sierra.

• 8th Jun 2014

Air Con in the dorms was really annoying, especially in the top bunks. When somebody turned on the fans it felt like a blizzard was raging through the room.

Loved this hostel - only 20 miles from Yosemite valley. The staff were friendly and accommodating & understanding of our confusing, multiple bookings! The dorm rooms were perfect - really clean. The restaurant was really nice but didn't have much variation in the menu during our stay. Lovely breakfasts! Free wifi and parking.

Friendly staff and convenient parking. Saved me hours of travel and allowed me to see Yosemite! :)

• 28th May 2014