Yosemite Bug Rustic Mountain Resort Reviews

6979 A Highway 140, Midpines, CA 95345, Yosemite V, Yosemite, USA

Amazing place (deep in nature but with good facilities), great staff (always kind and available), and for 10 $/day you can also use sauna and hot tub.

I especially enjoyed the atmosphere of the lodge, the thoughtful kitchen set-up with frig and dry storage areas. Bath TOWELS would be nice!

• 10th Apr 2015

This hostel is brilliant. Fantastic location for yosemite. And it has a spa which is great to relax in after a walk in the park. The food served in cafe/lodge is really nice too.

A really great hostel to stay at for heading into Yosemite Valley. The room was great and the cafe was our favourite part of the hostel! The food portions were really good and the staff were quite helpful. All in all a nice feel to the place.

Checkin staff was really rude. The takeaway sandwiches at the cafeteria are great

It´s about an hour drive from the National Park. It´s a nice spot in the forrest and very clean. They have all you need, incl. the bus stop to Yosemite in front of the door :)

A highlight for us was a local blue grass band coming on saturday night as well as the camp fire for people to hang out at. There is a shuttle to Yosemite that is convenient as well. Some improvement should be done with the 12 person dormitory beds. They are comfortable, however extremely flimsy and if you're sleeping on top you will be shaken many times throughout the night. Noise is fine for me, but when I am being physically moved I wake up.

I greatly enjoyed my stay here, one improvement I might suggest would be doors that automatically lock on the hostel. It seemed that around 90% of the time I came back to the hostel, one or both doors were unlocked, with no one inside. I realize that this is a safe area, but it still seems like it would be quite easy for someone to enter and walk off with quite a bit of stuff.

• 28th Feb 2015

The hostel is really nice with convenient location and great facilities. The cafe offers nice food too. But the group of people we were sharing the 12-bed coed room with were not as friendly as we expected. Also one of our beds was unmade when the previous guest checked out so we thought one bed was missing and had to wait around half an hour for the staff to sort out the problem. They are really helpful though.

Nearest hostel from Yosemite, clean. Reasonably priced and cosy restaurant. Bit expensive for a bunk bed, wifi signal often poor (in restaurant and room, did not check in hostel kitchen).

The place was very warm and cozy. The blankets were perfect for the weather and the matresses were SUPER comfortable. The receptionist was super nice by the way, made us feel at home.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Costa Rica

The staff was very indifferent and almost not glad because you ask something. I was not confortable with that. But the poeple over there are so friendly and generous. I met good guys in this nice cafe (style traditional mountain). And its easy to go to Yosemite National Park. Bedroom are corrects and cleans.

• 29th Dec 2014

Fantastic hostel, I would love to stay there again as soon as I can! Easy location to drive into the park and good facilities in the town nearby.

• 1st Dec 2014