Yosemite Bug Rustic Mountain Resort Reviews

6979 A Highway 140, Midpines, CA 95345, Yosemite V, Yosemite, USA

Fantastic hostel, I would love to stay there again as soon as I can! Easy location to drive into the park and good facilities in the town nearby.

• 1st Dec 2014

Reasonably priced for Yosemite. It's a bit away from the National Park, a good hour's drive. Definitely better if you have a car as the Bart gets there only every 2 hours and sometimes even 4 hours. Food at the cafe is excellent, drinks are reasonably priced as well. Staff are friendly. Dorm was nice and warm, big rooms, clean showers and bathroom, hot water available. You're better off travelling with a backpack rather than a suitcase at this place as lots of climbing involved to get here.

Great staff! and fabulous food! loved it :)

Very nice and peaceful !

I've been to hostels from California to Poland, and even the dreaded Amsterdam ones and this is the biggest fail ever. Dorm smelt two days in a row so rooms do not get seen and I filed a complaint. Morning attendant notified me that the room would be aired out...doubtful and never got to see if it happened. Bathrooms way too tight for a group of 12 to share, nor use. My van back at home would honestly beat this place to shame. Jessica at the desk was pleasant and fun to talk to

Place rocks. Outstanding food for a value!

• 11th Oct 2014

Apart from the unfriendly host who works during the day, this place is a great place. The restaurant on site is also very good and has very reasonable prices.

Loved this place. The cafe/restaurant food is outstanding

The place is awesome.

• 4th Oct 2014

Very helpful staff. A great location - a short (40 mins) drive from Yosemite entrance - much better than many of the hotels advertised as Yosemite which are in eg Merced a further hour away.

Overall a good stay, rooms were big and beds as comfortable as I expect from a hostel. The spa was really nice after a big day of hiking (and it's not too expensive) too. We arrived in the dark and felt like the staff could have been a bit more helpful in letting us know where to go given the many different buildings!

The kitchen and Cafe staff were excellent. The office staff told me when I checked out that I owed them $26. Naturally I asked what that was for. The response came swift and hard "hang on! ill check!" Very rude. The lady went on the computer, spoke with the other lady, performed a few other duties which I thought were related to me. A few mins later, I asked the lady who was busy doing something else and I was again told abruptly that I was incorrectly charged. No apology. What a rude send off

Very nice place to stay was could not find it in the beginning.Atmosphere is very good

Wi fi is fickle, but free computer in hostel kitchen helps, even though flies rule the building. The atmosphere is a problem in that if you want to hang out in a fun space, you're limited to having food only bought from the hostel, not made yourself. The hostel, again due to making profit from food, really discourages kitchen use with no condiments or spices. And if it isn't abundantly clear, Yosemite is AN HOUR away in EACH direction, IF there is no wait in traffic to enter park.

I loved this place. Rustic and nature oriented; exactly what I was looking for for my trip to Yosemite! The dorms were spacious with big lockers (bring your own padlock!) and the spa and cafe were great too! Would definitely recommend :)

Enjoyed our stay. Friendly staff and great set-up. Good cafe/restaurant, with handy to-go lunches available to bring for your hike that day. A lot cheaper than eating in the park. Would definitely stay again!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Staff were a little creepy. Showers in the room were so so (some good and some not so good). Lots of flies indoors for example the cafe and the kitchen. No free food or breakfast, and the cafe was quite expensive. Had to pay for a towel (compared to most other hostels where you get them for free). Only one computer which was occupied the whole time. THE KITCHEN WAS DISGUSTING!! It looked like it had never been cleaned and there were hardly any utensils.

Great food! Friendly atmosphere. Just wish there was more information on YARTS and how to get around Yosemite if not driving on the website prior to coming.

Excellent food...friendly helpful staff..fantastic location to the park

My friend and I stayed in the women's dorm cabin. We are in out 60's and had a blast. This is the first time that I slept in a bunk bed since I was a kid. The dorms were amazingly clean and the bathrooms were great. We used the hostel kitchen daily to prepare our meals. The only suggestion is that the tables should have a plastic table cloth on them or a good bleaching. That would make the kitchen much better. Planning to return in the fall or next spring. Thanks for a great time.