Yosemite Bug Rustic Mountain Resort Reviews

6979 A Highway 140, Midpines, CA 95345, Yosemite V, Yosemite, USA

I greatly enjoyed my stay here, one improvement I might suggest would be doors that automatically lock on the hostel. It seemed that around 90% of the time I came back to the hostel, one or both doors were unlocked, with no one inside. I realize that this is a safe area, but it still seems like it would be quite easy for someone to enter and walk off with quite a bit of stuff.

• 28th Feb 2015

The hostel is really nice with convenient location and great facilities. The cafe offers nice food too. But the group of people we were sharing the 12-bed coed room with were not as friendly as we expected. Also one of our beds was unmade when the previous guest checked out so we thought one bed was missing and had to wait around half an hour for the staff to sort out the problem. They are really helpful though.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Vietnam

Nearest hostel from Yosemite, clean. Reasonably priced and cosy restaurant. Bit expensive for a bunk bed, wifi signal often poor (in restaurant and room, did not check in hostel kitchen).

The place was very warm and cozy. The blankets were perfect for the weather and the matresses were SUPER comfortable. The receptionist was super nice by the way, made us feel at home.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Costa Rica

The staff was very indifferent and almost not glad because you ask something. I was not confortable with that. But the poeple over there are so friendly and generous. I met good guys in this nice cafe (style traditional mountain). And its easy to go to Yosemite National Park. Bedroom are corrects and cleans.

• 29th Dec 2014

Fantastic hostel, I would love to stay there again as soon as I can! Easy location to drive into the park and good facilities in the town nearby.

• 1st Dec 2014

Reasonably priced for Yosemite. It's a bit away from the National Park, a good hour's drive. Definitely better if you have a car as the Bart gets there only every 2 hours and sometimes even 4 hours. Food at the cafe is excellent, drinks are reasonably priced as well. Staff are friendly. Dorm was nice and warm, big rooms, clean showers and bathroom, hot water available. You're better off travelling with a backpack rather than a suitcase at this place as lots of climbing involved to get here.

Great staff! and fabulous food! loved it :)

Very nice and peaceful !

I've been to hostels from California to Poland, and even the dreaded Amsterdam ones and this is the biggest fail ever. Dorm smelt two days in a row so rooms do not get seen and I filed a complaint. Morning attendant notified me that the room would be aired out...doubtful and never got to see if it happened. Bathrooms way too tight for a group of 12 to share, nor use. My van back at home would honestly beat this place to shame. Jessica at the desk was pleasant and fun to talk to

Place rocks. Outstanding food for a value!

• 11th Oct 2014

Apart from the unfriendly host who works during the day, this place is a great place. The restaurant on site is also very good and has very reasonable prices.

Loved this place. The cafe/restaurant food is outstanding

The place is awesome.

• 4th Oct 2014

Very helpful staff. A great location - a short (40 mins) drive from Yosemite entrance - much better than many of the hotels advertised as Yosemite which are in eg Merced a further hour away.

Overall a good stay, rooms were big and beds as comfortable as I expect from a hostel. The spa was really nice after a big day of hiking (and it's not too expensive) too. We arrived in the dark and felt like the staff could have been a bit more helpful in letting us know where to go given the many different buildings!

The kitchen and Cafe staff were excellent. The office staff told me when I checked out that I owed them $26. Naturally I asked what that was for. The response came swift and hard "hang on! ill check!" Very rude. The lady went on the computer, spoke with the other lady, performed a few other duties which I thought were related to me. A few mins later, I asked the lady who was busy doing something else and I was again told abruptly that I was incorrectly charged. No apology. What a rude send off

Very nice place to stay was could not find it in the beginning.Atmosphere is very good