Yosemite International Hostel Reviews

18605 Main Street, Groveland, Groveland, USA

I booked this hostel months ago and tried to contact the hostel to confirm our arrival time a few days before arriving. Our emails were not replied to and the telephone number given on the website could not be connected. After contacting hostelworld I was told that the hostel had never received my booking in the first place and was now booked out.

Great staff, very helpful!

30min from park entrance, few affordable eating possibilities around, dorm without locker, weird light switch system (dorm swith in toilet and vice versa), no lockers, bed sheet was covered with hair when I arrived (complained and got another sheet to put on top), showers okay (but light switches are in dorm room - but used from everyone...weird), staff friendly but their english was bad, wifi really bad in dorm - a bit better in office area (but still everything but good), overall so so!

I can't take the light on or off inside my room, i have to go into the restroom.

Hostel was really good, staff were really friendly. You could make pancakes whenever you wanted. Wifi was only in the common area but wasn't to much of a big deal.

This hostel is impossible to get to without a car and they don't state this anywhere on the website. Apparently the hostel is easy to get to via Yarts, the transportation service around Yosemite, however there is probably only one route a day which would take you from the main bus terminal in Merced to Groveland and it leaves at around 6am. We were unaware of this so had to book somewhere in Merced and have been charged for our first night even though it was impossible for us to get there.

• 25th Sep 2015

According to the price paid (99 euros for two) and if we refer to lodging avaible aroud the price for the services is very high Bathroom dirty Sound insulation very poor Key Caution paid 20 dollars and refund only 5 dollars with a different staff check in form not completely filled in

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Stayed one night when I was meant to stay 2. Bed was nice, met nice people. Downside my bottle of wine was taken/stolen which kinda sucked. Cleanliness and room are pretty average, takes an hour to get to park, so price is fair. Would not stay again though.

• 7th Sep 2015

We had a perfectly nice stay. The first room we had was bare and dark, but were moved the second night to a really nice room - Only down side was that the bed was very saggy in the middle and not too comfy. As we had a double room we were in the White House across from the main Hostel which was really nice and clean with good kitchen. As noted in other reviews, security is not their strong point. For info, Groveland is about an hour drive from Yosemite Village. Groveland itself is lovely.

We were in the white house of the hostel. The room was labelled "suite" but all it had was a queen size bed and a single bed. No closet, table, chair, fridge or anything. The kitchen did not have enough plates, glasses, cups, cutleries,... for all guests to eat at the same time.

Great place, everything was ok, it´s near to Yosemite national park and you can make pancakes whenever you want.

The rooms were never locked or secured in any way, often people who were not staying in our room came in and out at all times of day and night. There was only 1 bathroom for the 16 people in our cabin, and it was disgusting. There was mold, hair, dirt and water all over the floor. There were extra showers in a different building, but still only 1 toilet for everyone in our building. The staff was mediocre and not very helpful, though they were nice when around.

• 12th Aug 2015

The staff were friendly but disorganised. Checking in was a bit of a mess; I arrived 5 minutes before I could check in, so I waited, then when a group of people arrived they were served first. There were 2 people working in the reception area, but only 1 was doing the checking in. There was only one bathroom to share with 14 people, that's 1 toilet and 1 shower that were in the same room. The kitchen was tiny! The location was great and the room was nice.

Very particular mountain hostel with lots of depandences. Very close to Yosemite park.