Yosemite International Hostel Reviews

18605 Main Street, Groveland, Yosemite, USA

First I want to highlight the good level of hostels in USA. That said, the Yosemite international hostel, I found a good property in Groveland, near the magnificent Yosemite National Park. The employees of the hostel good professionals, who have made me feel at home, the property has several cottages, very colorful and has everything you need for tourists, good price. I recommend it

Hi, I'm making a trip to California and Arizona and I'm delighted the hostel and roadside motels that are in this country. The Yosemite International hostel me charmed by its location in the middle of nature, and familiar for its multicultural atmosphere and the good work of their employees. Greetings and kisses to all backpackers Pilita

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Very nice place but a little bit dirty and one bathroom for 14 beds in the red house.. Miss a lot of things in the kitchen and the beds are not so confortable. In fact, good wiifi, people are amazing, not expensive, bien située, très sécuritaire comme endroit and took - 1 hour to go to Yosemite entrance. I recommand !

• 11th Aug 2014

Hostel is spread across a number of houses. Facilities are minimal for capacity. No indoor breakout spaces. Air con reserved for female only dorms.

little things like no towels and a less than clean bathroom and paper thin mattresses pale in comparison with the main problem... it was a billion degrees in the room and there was no getting any sleep. I laid there wide awake sticking in my sweat to the sheets. it got cool outside, but there was no getting that air into the room. I'm not a picky hostel-shopper. I just wanted a decent night's sleep.

• 1st Aug 2014

the problem with this hostel was: when i stayed there the host was sick and in hospital. so a his nephew took over and did the hostel. he was motre interested in watching hip hiop videos on youtube than on taking care of the hostel. the hostel has only one washing machine that can be used by guests for their laundry from 5-9pm. but usually he was not done with the laundry until late evening, because he did not take care of it asnd many more things. not what i would expect from a serious hostel.

The location of the hostel should have been very good. Unfortunately, when I stayed there, the direct road from Yosemite national park to the hostel was blocked. I had to drive about 2.5 hours from Yosemite to the hostel instead. However, if you plan to check out, see sunrise in Yosemite national park and head back to your state, you might have to pay the key deposit fee because the office is opened at 7:00 AM. In other words, you have to choose between the deposit fee and photos of sunrise.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Dirty bed sheets, unmade and unmatched random pillow cases and top sheets (think mine was actually a shower curtain or table cloth?).Dirty rooms and floors with bits of old food and clothing from previous guests, and extremely dangerous electrics. Shower did not drain properly.We stayed in a spooky old house over the road, the hostel building itself looked slightly cleaner. 'Deluxe' room was not what anyone would use to describe a set of bunkbeds in a sauna. Extremely expensive and disappointing

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Awesome place, there is near from Yosemite park around 3minute by walk The hostel is clean and comfortable.

Near the hostel, there is the oldest bar was very impressive to me. there is so peaceful and good to relax.

Just what I look for in a youth hostel. Easy to meet and integrate with other travellers, very relaxed atmosphere. Could do with iproved A/C...m

• 14th Jul 2014

The beds were uncomfortable but the location and atmosphere was excellent. Would definitely stay again. Great Price!

Staff was not really friendly when I arrived. It was mostly like....if you do that, you have to pay us 5$...quite a long list. The room was bad with no lockers. Most of the stuff in the community room was in a really bad shape...

Amazing place with amazing people. Donna was supper hospitable, she never grew tired of my endless (probably annoying) questions. Place was gorgeous and just what I need to get away from the stresses of city life. Would live there if I wasn't such a city boy ;)

• 16th Jun 2014

I love this place :)

• 16th Jun 2014

As an affordable place to stay for an extended Yosemite trip without camping, it is OK but that's about all I would say about it.

Very cute hostel and super nice staff!

The Staff make this place. Dana is possibly the most hospitable host I have ever encountered. She was incredibly helpful and generous. It is a bit of a drive to Yosemite. But saying that, if you have a car and want to save a little on accommodation this is the play to stay. We had a great time :)!

Great location, but outside the park, near a small town with supplies and food. No signal. Rooms clean, no lockers. They only take cash (yes, only cash). The tub in the bathroom clogs a little bit (they said they were going to fit it). Parking up the hill (bring bug repellent for outside). Laundry!

We had a fantastic time staying here. Dana is an amazing woman running the place with heart and soul. We had a great time chatting to her and socialising! Would definitely recommend this place. It's a hostel with a heart, with a personal approach. The place is clean and the crew are making a big effort to constantly improve the place and make it more homely, as in our understand it's a new company running the hostel.

• 31st May 2014