Yosemite International Hostel Reviews

18605 Main Street, Groveland, Yosemite, USA

Poor wifi facilities

• 24th Jul 2015

It was ok for short stays if u are spending most of your time in Yosemite. A place to sleep and shower. I had fun hanging out with fellow hikers on the picnic tables outside our dorms and under the stars.

• 17th Jul 2015

sheets could be cleaner, facilities were functional but underwhelming, good location and helpful staff though.

• 15th Jul 2015

the hostel and the staff was great. good location and the rooms were clean! My only complaint would be the WIFI which is understandable seeing as its on a mountain! Also the bathrooms could be cleaned more regularly :) otherwise we had a great stay!

I didn't enjoy my stay here. Hostel was unsafe. It consisted of several barracks with dorm rooms; front door to my barracks was open 24/7 to let fresh air in and back door was unlocked 24/7 because we shared a bathroom with another barracks (!). Bathrooms were extremely dirty. Only 1 out of 3 showers had hot water. Internet worked poorly. They claim to be "Minutes outside of Yosemite National Park", but it's still a 35-minute drive. I really don't see why this hostel is priced above average.

I stayed there for just one night - luckily! We actually ordered a 2 person private room and got a room with two bunk beds. The staff had really bad English. The room was dirty, there were spiders crawling around. The moscido screen in the window was broken. Besides that the location was good. It's so close to Yosemite and there were a lot young people. I'm not sure if I'd come back to this location.

I had to sleep in a matress at the floor because they were overbooking (I had reservation), they didn't have towels, the rooms were very hot and they put a very noisy fun that didn't let us sleep, there are only 2 bathrooms for everyone, the hostel is very dirty, ...

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Several barracks with dorm rooms and only 3 bathrooms to share with all the other people (not that easy to take a shower or wash teeth in the morning even because in one shower there was no light and there were spiders). Internet was slow. 40 min drive from the Yosemite National Park entrance. The guy at the reception told us to go to the town saloon that was the only good experience.

Loved our house, it had lots of character but the staff weren't very friendly or helpful and we could have done with some good advice,

A nice little hostel in a cool little town!

The hostel is basic but great for a short stay near Yosemite. While there is a bus connection to Yosemite Valley, it helps to be around by car as the bus allows you a maximum stay of only 6,5 hours in Yosemite to do stuff there. Otherwise, the village of Groveland is great, there is a supermarket for everything you need and the oldest saloon in California! The staff is very friendly and open and it's very easy to meet people to share your experiences!

I ordered a 4 bedroom mixed dorm but hostel world sent the hostel that I ordered a 6 bed mixed dorm and didn't change the price to match it so I paid more money for a worse room. I contacted hostel world however I haven't received any comment back. I will never use this website again or stay at that hostel again.

• 12th Jun 2015

Located in a cool little town, the hostel is a nice place in a great location, about 30 minutes from the yosemite park entrance. We spent 6 days at the hostel and the only problem we had was some other guests whom weren't very carefull with the kitchen rules and supplies! Its a shared kitchen and theses other guests took some supplies from the kitchen and did not returned it. Besides that the staff are very friendly and nice, the room was big, the bed was ok and the shared bathroom was clean!

• 9th Jun 2015

We walked in and asked for availabilities. Their answer was "yes but you have to book online - either on Hostelworld or booking.com" which was pretty weird. It seemed like they weren't well organized at all. The owner unfortunately hardly spoke English himself, neither was staff. They were all really friendly and willing to help, but there were quite some misunderstandings because of the language. Anyway, it is not go for from Yosemite (50 miles) so you can easily stay here to explore it.

Poor room layout with a front and back door, but key would not work on the back door. Modest unclean bathroom and layout made it difficult for multiple peaople to use this area at once. Thankfully the people at the front desk were nice.

• 4th Jun 2015

A great little hostel. The staff are super nice, my stay was nice and relaxing.

• 3rd Jun 2015

This property has amazing potential, it's near Yosemite, has a great outdoor decking area, lots of lovely people passing through, if could be the best thing since sliced pan, but it falls short. Very short. The service was awful, the staff were unhelpful, the room was freezing, the bathrooms were dirty, and the staff didn't even show up in the morning to let us check out. I have very reasonable expectations, but the next night I camped in the rain, and it was considerably more pleasant.

The two private rooms we had booked were given to other guests, which meant that we were placed in one room in stead of two, ruining our privacy! Reception staff couldn't calculate %, so we spend 20 min getting our money back for the ekstra room. When we got back after a day trip on the second night, they had moved all of our stuff into another room, but forgot to bring our iphone charger from the wall, so we lost it! The hostel was VERY dirty and the kitchen had no tools to cook or eat with.

dirty, late night cooking noise and smells, too many people for the bathrooms, I think it may be illegal occupancy levels for the amount of bathrooms, there is no time restraints on the kitchen use so all house occupants are subjected to talking laughing and meat frying smells all night, dusty, cob webs, plumbing was plugged and no maintenance staff at facility so all repairs had to wait, people lined up for long periods of time (more than one hour) to take a shower, some people relieving themse

• 20th May 2015

This is a nice hostel and in a fairly good location for Yosemite National Park. We had a room in the white house over the road and they upgraded us from a twin to a double which was good. The kitchen was decent but lacking in cutlery and utensils. The bathroom had a good shower too. The wifi only works near reception but it is really fast so worth the short walk over the road. Plenty of free parking too.