Yosemite International Hostel Reviews

18605 Main Street, Groveland, Yosemite, USA

We were in the white house of the hostel. The room was labelled "suite" but all it had was a queen size bed and a single bed. No closet, table, chair, fridge or anything. The kitchen did not have enough plates, glasses, cups, cutleries,... for all guests to eat at the same time.

Great place, everything was ok, it´s near to Yosemite national park and you can make pancakes whenever you want.

The rooms were never locked or secured in any way, often people who were not staying in our room came in and out at all times of day and night. There was only 1 bathroom for the 16 people in our cabin, and it was disgusting. There was mold, hair, dirt and water all over the floor. There were extra showers in a different building, but still only 1 toilet for everyone in our building. The staff was mediocre and not very helpful, though they were nice when around.

• 12th Aug 2015

The staff were friendly but disorganised. Checking in was a bit of a mess; I arrived 5 minutes before I could check in, so I waited, then when a group of people arrived they were served first. There were 2 people working in the reception area, but only 1 was doing the checking in. There was only one bathroom to share with 14 people, that's 1 toilet and 1 shower that were in the same room. The kitchen was tiny! The location was great and the room was nice.

Very particular mountain hostel with lots of depandences. Very close to Yosemite park.

This...is not a good hostel

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

No storage facilities within the rooms. No microwave or kettle on kitchen. Overall a nice atmosphere in a very convenient location. Very safe feeling place with easy check in

• 8th Aug 2015

We've booked a room for 6 people as we were 6 in total. However, when we arrived at the hostel, we were split into 2 rooms.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

This is a good hostel as a base for visiting Yosemite - there is a convenient YARTS bus link nearby. The hostel itself has good potential but there is still room for improvement: There are no lockers and the rooms are rarely locked and I think there were only three toilets in the whole hostel. However, the staff were friendly, the kitchen and shower facilities are good and there is a room with sofas and a pool table.

Although all doors could be locked it could be confusing what lock we should/shouldn't use and so the doors were frequently left unlocked. That being said the area is very quiet and so I never felt that my things were actually going to be stolen. Some of the kitchen areas were a little dirty. This is likely due to to a small number of guests not respecting the common areas and less the fault of the staff.

• 31st Jul 2015

This is a good hostel with a very friendly staff. I only found 2 little problems: 1º) Wifi doen´t work well inside the rooms; 2º) A few number of bathrooms! I know they give us another 3 options outside the main house, but they are not enough especially ´cause they have no toilet! Kitchen is good and there´s a very good supermarket close to the hostel. In resume, I do recommend this cute hostel for all of my friends! :D

Poor wifi facilities

• 24th Jul 2015

It was ok for short stays if u are spending most of your time in Yosemite. A place to sleep and shower. I had fun hanging out with fellow hikers on the picnic tables outside our dorms and under the stars.

• 17th Jul 2015

sheets could be cleaner, facilities were functional but underwhelming, good location and helpful staff though.

• 15th Jul 2015

the hostel and the staff was great. good location and the rooms were clean! My only complaint would be the WIFI which is understandable seeing as its on a mountain! Also the bathrooms could be cleaned more regularly :) otherwise we had a great stay!

I didn't enjoy my stay here. Hostel was unsafe. It consisted of several barracks with dorm rooms; front door to my barracks was open 24/7 to let fresh air in and back door was unlocked 24/7 because we shared a bathroom with another barracks (!). Bathrooms were extremely dirty. Only 1 out of 3 showers had hot water. Internet worked poorly. They claim to be "Minutes outside of Yosemite National Park", but it's still a 35-minute drive. I really don't see why this hostel is priced above average.

I stayed there for just one night - luckily! We actually ordered a 2 person private room and got a room with two bunk beds. The staff had really bad English. The room was dirty, there were spiders crawling around. The moscido screen in the window was broken. Besides that the location was good. It's so close to Yosemite and there were a lot young people. I'm not sure if I'd come back to this location.

I had to sleep in a matress at the floor because they were overbooking (I had reservation), they didn't have towels, the rooms were very hot and they put a very noisy fun that didn't let us sleep, there are only 2 bathrooms for everyone, the hostel is very dirty, ...

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Several barracks with dorm rooms and only 3 bathrooms to share with all the other people (not that easy to take a shower or wash teeth in the morning even because in one shower there was no light and there were spiders). Internet was slow. 40 min drive from the Yosemite National Park entrance. The guy at the reception told us to go to the town saloon that was the only good experience.

Loved our house, it had lots of character but the staff weren't very friendly or helpful and we could have done with some good advice,

« first « Prev 1 2 3