Yosemite International Hostel

7.5
Very Good 328 Total Reviews

16th May 2017
8.0

Hostel was clean, had a full kitchen and the staff were helpful. It's over an hour from Yosemite Valley, but the street it is located on goes directly there. Unless you're camping, this is the cheapest place around. They have no lockers and the laundry costs $10. I was told there is a shuttle that goes to the parks, but most guests have rental cars. Might not be hard to snag a ride. It was a good experience. I would come back.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
13th May 2017
6.0

The hostel is far from the entrance of the Yosemite park. Bathrooms are outside the room and were not enough for everybody that was there. Staff was very friendly. Beds were comfortable too.

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Apr 2017
4.0

Hostel has potential, however no one used the common area and instead we were crowded in a tiny kitchen with no seating.. no where to sit to eat dinner, and the road was closed into Yosemite meaning a 2 hour trip in to the park.. would not recommend

Thank you for the review. The Road open now! unfortunately when you stayed date the road closed by damage. We will keep developing our facilities for our future guests.

• USA, Couple, 41+
25th Apr 2017
7.7

We liked our host, he was very friendly. But we had to leave a day sooner than we planned and paid for, because a loved one was close to death. It would have been nice if we could have been reimbursed in this case. Exceptions to the rule is good, understandable and reasonable, when it's appropiate. Thanks for asking. Lyvonne' & Robert

• bladezboy4693
  • England, Male, 25-30
21st Apr 2017
7.4

It's quaint. No lockers but we had our own room with a key. Security could be an issue as easy for people to go into the huts but the neighbouring area feels safe. Walking distance to shops and bars although this is a sleepy village. Showers are plentiful and really nice. Beds short (I'm 6ft 4) but comfortable although curtains let lots of light through.

11th Apr 2017

The owner was very kind and nice. It helped me on everything he could. The room was very clean. It had a very nice smell fresh when I entered, thing that I never see before. Good night quiet and peaceful!

11th Apr 2017

Good hotel in a nice village.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
31st Mar 2017

Great stay here. Brilliant facilities. I would recommend. I would also recommend staying in Yosemite itself (camping ect), to avoid the weekend traffic.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
21st Mar 2017
4.9

To get to this hostel, we had to drive two hours from the Arches Entrance of Yosemite National Park. The road was very windy, and combined with the rain, it made for quite the trek. Had I known that the NW entrance to the park was closed, I would not have chosen this hostel because of the location. Host was pleasant but the kitchen was dirty and had a funky smell. I booked two nights and left after the night one even though I couldn't receive a refund. Overall I would not recommend this hostel.

• Czech Republic, Male, 25-30
19th Mar 2017
7.7

Friendly staff, clean, sockets at each bed, nice location, heating unit. Slow internet, one bathroom/toilet for the one floor building, one kitchen sink. Overall good experience for us, but the hostel might get uncomfortable at full capacity.