Yosemite International Hostel Reviews

18605 Main Street, Groveland, Yosemite, USA

I had to sleep in a matress at the floor because they were overbooking (I had reservation), they didn't have towels, the rooms were very hot and they put a very noisy fun that didn't let us sleep, there are only 2 bathrooms for everyone, the hostel is very dirty, ...

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Spain

A nice little hostel in a cool little town!

The hostel is basic but great for a short stay near Yosemite. While there is a bus connection to Yosemite Valley, it helps to be around by car as the bus allows you a maximum stay of only 6,5 hours in Yosemite to do stuff there. Otherwise, the village of Groveland is great, there is a supermarket for everything you need and the oldest saloon in California! The staff is very friendly and open and it's very easy to meet people to share your experiences!

I ordered a 4 bedroom mixed dorm but hostel world sent the hostel that I ordered a 6 bed mixed dorm and didn't change the price to match it so I paid more money for a worse room. I contacted hostel world however I haven't received any comment back. I will never use this website again or stay at that hostel again.

• 12th Jun 2015

Located in a cool little town, the hostel is a nice place in a great location, about 30 minutes from the yosemite park entrance. We spent 6 days at the hostel and the only problem we had was some other guests whom weren't very carefull with the kitchen rules and supplies! Its a shared kitchen and theses other guests took some supplies from the kitchen and did not returned it. Besides that the staff are very friendly and nice, the room was big, the bed was ok and the shared bathroom was clean!

• 9th Jun 2015

We walked in and asked for availabilities. Their answer was "yes but you have to book online - either on Hostelworld or booking.com" which was pretty weird. It seemed like they weren't well organized at all. The owner unfortunately hardly spoke English himself, neither was staff. They were all really friendly and willing to help, but there were quite some misunderstandings because of the language. Anyway, it is not go for from Yosemite (50 miles) so you can easily stay here to explore it.

Poor room layout with a front and back door, but key would not work on the back door. Modest unclean bathroom and layout made it difficult for multiple peaople to use this area at once. Thankfully the people at the front desk were nice.

• 4th Jun 2015

A great little hostel. The staff are super nice, my stay was nice and relaxing.

• 3rd Jun 2015

This property has amazing potential, it's near Yosemite, has a great outdoor decking area, lots of lovely people passing through, if could be the best thing since sliced pan, but it falls short. Very short. The service was awful, the staff were unhelpful, the room was freezing, the bathrooms were dirty, and the staff didn't even show up in the morning to let us check out. I have very reasonable expectations, but the next night I camped in the rain, and it was considerably more pleasant.

The two private rooms we had booked were given to other guests, which meant that we were placed in one room in stead of two, ruining our privacy! Reception staff couldn't calculate %, so we spend 20 min getting our money back for the ekstra room. When we got back after a day trip on the second night, they had moved all of our stuff into another room, but forgot to bring our iphone charger from the wall, so we lost it! The hostel was VERY dirty and the kitchen had no tools to cook or eat with.

dirty, late night cooking noise and smells, too many people for the bathrooms, I think it may be illegal occupancy levels for the amount of bathrooms, there is no time restraints on the kitchen use so all house occupants are subjected to talking laughing and meat frying smells all night, dusty, cob webs, plumbing was plugged and no maintenance staff at facility so all repairs had to wait, people lined up for long periods of time (more than one hour) to take a shower, some people relieving themse

• 20th May 2015

This is a nice hostel and in a fairly good location for Yosemite National Park. We had a room in the white house over the road and they upgraded us from a twin to a double which was good. The kitchen was decent but lacking in cutlery and utensils. The bathroom had a good shower too. The wifi only works near reception but it is really fast so worth the short walk over the road. Plenty of free parking too.

Bathrooms were quite dirty, beds were cheap metal frame bunks with very thin mattresses so you could feel the bars under the mattress, they also squeak whenever you move. The shower seemed only to deliver scalding hot water...very strange. When I used the tap in the bathroom the water ran brown for a few seconds, as if it hadn't been used. A very loud fridge was located right outside my room, I can sleep through almost anything, but this would probably annoy others, It also looked quite dirty.

Grossest hostel I have ever stayed at. We left early. Only good thing was employee Aisha who gave us back 50% of our money

Nice place, close to Yosemite valley. The room was big. Unfortunately there were no water in the morning, so no shower, no toilets, no cooking... And nobody explain us anything, mostly because people of the staff were not able to speak English.

• 17th May 2015

I stayed for a total of two nights. My first night was okay. The bunk beds were really squeaky but other than that it was okay. The second night however, they moved me and my friend to a completely different room in a completely different building and it smelled like strong cat urine in the room. The shower also was either boiling hot or ice cold. How hard is it to fix a shower or clean a room so it doesn't smell like cat urine? Come on, you can do better. Location is good tho.

Bathroom was a little dirty. Did not like fact bathroom was in another building; a little inconvenient especially on a cold day. Other than that was a good stay.

I really appreciate that there is a financially viable place to stay to bring people out close to Yosemite. The location is great, in that you can walk into town and it's one of the last stops before the Park. I liked the outdoor deck space. The only thing that could have been bad on a colder night is that our room didn't have heat. If there was a heater in the room, there was no instruction as to how to use it or where it was.

The only good thing about this place is the location to the park. We were there early April and it was freezing with only thin blankets provided. We had to borrowed a heater from another room. The place is not very clean and I doubted that they clean the sheets, needless to say I went to bed fully clothed. There is also little entertainment in the town, with one pub where the bartender was rude. Although, a pizza place nearby was really good, highly recommend.

• 1st Apr 2015

Our two night stay turned into a comedy of errors. I kept apologizing to my mom who had never stayed in a hostel before, and telling her I've never been to such a fithly hostel before. I also kept apologizing to my friend who is visiting from England and telling her American hostels aren't normally this gross and poorly stocked. The ladies dorm doesn't have a door. There are no lockers. The bathroom wasn't cleaned for our entire stay. 1 fridge and 1 stove out of 2 didn't wasn't working.

• 27th Mar 2015