Yosemite International Hostel Reviews

18605 Main Street, Groveland, Yosemite, USA

The two private rooms we had booked were given to other guests, which meant that we were placed in one room in stead of two, ruining our privacy! Reception staff couldn't calculate %, so we spend 20 min getting our money back for the ekstra room. When we got back after a day trip on the second night, they had moved all of our stuff into another room, but forgot to bring our iphone charger from the wall, so we lost it! The hostel was VERY dirty and the kitchen had no tools to cook or eat with.

This is a nice hostel and in a fairly good location for Yosemite National Park. We had a room in the white house over the road and they upgraded us from a twin to a double which was good. The kitchen was decent but lacking in cutlery and utensils. The bathroom had a good shower too. The wifi only works near reception but it is really fast so worth the short walk over the road. Plenty of free parking too.

Bathrooms were quite dirty, beds were cheap metal frame bunks with very thin mattresses so you could feel the bars under the mattress, they also squeak whenever you move. The shower seemed only to deliver scalding hot water...very strange. When I used the tap in the bathroom the water ran brown for a few seconds, as if it hadn't been used. A very loud fridge was located right outside my room, I can sleep through almost anything, but this would probably annoy others, It also looked quite dirty.

Nice place, close to Yosemite valley. The room was big. Unfortunately there were no water in the morning, so no shower, no toilets, no cooking... And nobody explain us anything, mostly because people of the staff were not able to speak English.

• 17th May 2015

Bathroom was a little dirty. Did not like fact bathroom was in another building; a little inconvenient especially on a cold day. Other than that was a good stay.

I really appreciate that there is a financially viable place to stay to bring people out close to Yosemite. The location is great, in that you can walk into town and it's one of the last stops before the Park. I liked the outdoor deck space. The only thing that could have been bad on a colder night is that our room didn't have heat. If there was a heater in the room, there was no instruction as to how to use it or where it was.

The only good thing about this place is the location to the park. We were there early April and it was freezing with only thin blankets provided. We had to borrowed a heater from another room. The place is not very clean and I doubted that they clean the sheets, needless to say I went to bed fully clothed. There is also little entertainment in the town, with one pub where the bartender was rude. Although, a pizza place nearby was really good, highly recommend.

• 1st Apr 2015

Our two night stay turned into a comedy of errors. I kept apologizing to my mom who had never stayed in a hostel before, and telling her I've never been to such a fithly hostel before. I also kept apologizing to my friend who is visiting from England and telling her American hostels aren't normally this gross and poorly stocked. The ladies dorm doesn't have a door. There are no lockers. The bathroom wasn't cleaned for our entire stay. 1 fridge and 1 stove out of 2 didn't wasn't working.

• 27th Mar 2015

We had no heater the first night and it got really cold. The kitchen in our house was not working, so we had to go to the other house. Also there was no door to close our dorm, so we just had an en room facing the floor! The bathroom wasn't cleaned all the three days of our stay. I wouldn't recommend to stay, the only good thing about the hostel is the distance to the national park and the nice staff.

More bathrooms, showers required. Also Please arrange to have all the doors have one lock - which is always locked, and every guest has the key. Please improve cleanliness of the bathroom. Also can you please add a lamp in the back of the building and also light up the parking lot.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • India

We were generally happy, There were a few problems however: 1) There refridgerator in the bedroom was full of mold and smelled terrible. Either they should have a clean one or remove it. 2) The hole in the room should be closed. 3) There is a hole in the door window. Someone could stick their hand in and open the door. This should be fixed.

• 20th Mar 2015

The pans to make the breakfast were not really clean, appart from that it was great!

A little far from the park but it's got great beds and super hot water (maybe a little too hot).