Young & Happy Reviews

80 rue Mouffetard, Paris, France

Fantastic little hostel location wise. The staff was great and very helpful. My one improve would be in the cleanliness department. The main lobby and downstairs kitchen smelled like rotting food and stale beer and needed a good sweeping. Aside from that it was great, the rooms were super clean and as far as the location you can't do much better for what you're paying!!

Dear guest thanks for your feedback. We have investigated and noticed a problem with our old fridge ! Now we have a brand new one ! We hope to see you once again in Paris ! Sabine_Manager

The property smelled very bad . Did not enjoy the feel at all . I was getting better and cheaper places than these ... Twin sharing rooms had beds up and down .. This place is not suggested at all !

• 6th Apr 2015
  • India

The staff were lovely and helpful!

No lockers in the room and when you are five floors up with no elevator it's quite the treck. When I arrived the two women ignored me and kept talking while I was standing right at the desk... Not even a hello until they were done talking minutes later. I have absolutely no problem waiting but acknowledgment would be nice!? However, the location is perfect. If you are just looking for a place to sleep and not the experience, do it. Super accessible and affordable.

We got a free upgrade to a private twin which was so nice and cool! The location was pretty much perfect - I wish the bathrooms and rooms were cleaner though.

One of the best hostels I've eve stayed in. Staff were outstanding, happy and extremely helpful. Location is best in Paris. The legend of the crepe store just three shops up from hostel is all true!! Best creeps going around. Hot water every morning, breakfast was great, internet great. Stayed here a week and will be back again in the future.

Dear Guest, Thanks a lot for your positive feedback. We were happy too to share with you a great experience and to make you enjoy our services and warm atmosphere. We still work to improve our concept, and hope to welcome you once again in order to discover an even more complete breakfast, and our future plans. Let us know whether we can do something else for you, all the best. Sabine_manager

Staff was more than friendly, greeted everyone and there was always a social atmosphere downstairs. Breakfast was good and free, nice little location, definitely worth it money-wise!

I stayed here for two days and chose it because of the good location. I left with large red itchy bites all over my face hands and legs- Do they not wash their blankets??!! Would not return : (

• 27th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

staffs are nice and friendly but the facilities are little bit poor and dirty.

dirty hostal, bad beds and poor rooms (1 plug for a 6 bed dorm). crappy breakfast. Great location and good to make friends

I made this compared to the hotels I stood in Spain, I don't know what's the average for a hostel in Paris.

I think the bathrooms were really really bad since they are not clean, i mean at least visually! when there were someone finished taking shower, the floor was always wet and dirty. Also the bathrooms are really small that you can hardly get change. There are lack of electric sockets.

Awesome friendly service, good price and cheap beers! Tiny spiral staircase to drag my suitcase up to my floor wasn't what I wanted to see after a long day of travel.... Getting an ensuite room only to find it didn't have a toilet in it, and that there were no toilets on the entire floor was disappointing as wandering up or down stairs at 2am isn't desirable.

Dear guest sorry for the hard stairs. We have well mentionned we do not have any elevator for no confusion and that's right, the Parisian architecture is typically like this. However, a free and secure luggage room is still at your disposal to store your bags downstairs. Our facilities are shared and splitted in different levels of the building which is a four_storey building, compared to other bigger hostels, less friendly. We'll be happy to see you soon ! The Manager

The hostel is very good located and the ambience is really nice and agreable! However, the showers were a little dirty. Except for that, it's an appealing place for people who want to visit Paris and have fun!

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Dear guest thanks for your review. We still work on the cleanliness for your comfort and make our best to improve this point. We take into account all suggestions and hope to see you soon with us for another good stay with us ! The Manager

Stayed at Young and Happy for 3 nights and really loved it. Front staff is super helpful and sweet. Also, if you arrive early and need somewhere to keep your bags til you check in, they have a locked room where you can store your luggage. Free breakfast (nothing out of this world but it's free!) Also the rooms are very typical hostel: bunk beds, tiny, nothing special but perfect for your low-budget travelling needs. I stayed in a 5 female dorm and we had our own shower & faucet. Awesome loved it

Dear guest we're very glad you shared with us and all the other travellers your feelings about our hostel, the staff and our friendly atmosphere. We hope to see you soon with us ! The Manager

The only good thing about this hostel was the location. This is the most filthy place that I've ever spent money to stay in. Toilets were left unclean for days on end, all showers grimy and caked with black. Staff don't care at all. Atmosphere mediocre at best. Although Paris is well known for being expensive, I was shocked at how few facilities were available for the price I was paying. Wouldn't recommend, wouldn't come back.

Dear guest very sorry you didn't enjoy more your stay even if we are making efforts to keep the place warm and friendly ! Cleanliness is organized like this : from 11am to 4 pm, after this, everyone has to be respectfull with the common areas and we're still at your disposal to find solutions if any request ! That's pity you shortened your stay (and even it was not made in time frame, you were refunded for your last night.) Keep in mind inner city is more expensive than other districts.

Great hostel, really nice atmosphere. Breakfast is great and free. Kitchen is ok. The rooms are small but enough. Bathrooms seems to be few for so many rooms, and showers too. It is very well located.

Great hostel. Nice location, good price and excellent vibe. Would (will) definitely stay again.

Hello thanks for your positive feedback, we're happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We would be glad to welcome you soon ! The Manager

I have seen some better hostels, but the location is ok and the staff was also nice. I think it offers good value for money as everything else in Paris is pretty expensive...

The only good thing about this place is the staff (specially Joaquim) and the location. The room for 8 people was really really small, similar to a prison to be honest. The space between the beds was incredibly short and there is no space for anything in the room. There is only one bathroom for everybody in the room, which make things difficult. Plus, the shower is the "saving type" and is hard to take a shower in the small space. The water wasnt hot in a -2 cold.

Dear guest very sorry you didn't enjoy more your stay in this refurbished bed dorm. The 8 bedded dorms have their private facilities. However, you're right, we have different kind of dorms with more or less space, in these, you could enjoy lockers, cubicle showers and there are 2 toilets. We hope this is still a good value for money to be accommodated into the Latin Quarter ! Well, we hope to have opportunity to make a next stay much more better. The Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3