Young & Happy Reviews

80 rue Mouffetard, Paris, France

2042 Total Reviews

I like this place, i would come again if i going paris again. the staffs are very nice, the community area is good as well, the the prise is reasonable in that area :) i would definitely recommend this to my friends

Just stayed the 1 night so didn't get to make the nost of everything on offer! Great happy hour prices, common room and kitchen! Thanks Young and Happy

Location wasn't that great. Hostel is right next to a pub so don't expect to get any sleep if you are a light sleeper and walls are also very thin.

Location couldn't be better. Hostel needs a good clean and review. Too many beds in the dorm and bathroom fit for a mouse.

Located in a really safe area that is close by to everything and with cheap shops all around for this price, you really can't go wrong! The staff were so lovely and helpful I would stay here again. However, the rooms are pretty cramped and there wasn't much room for our stuff. And I would have loved a toilet in the room instead of it being on another floor.

• 3rd Sep 2014

We stay for 5 nights in this hostel and we had a great experience. A special thanks to Joaquin from reception, very friendly and helpful.

• 2nd Sep 2014

dear guests we thank you for your review, it helps us to improve all the time ! Let us know whether you come back in Paris. sabine_Manager

Can people please stop complaining about small things? This hostel is perfect. It's not Hilton but you're not paying Hilton prices either. Very good location, super friendly staff, clean and secure. Not a party hostel but still a good crowd at nights. Highly recommended!

Hi Thanks for sharing with everyone the good feeling you had with us. We hope it will help us to improve ! See you soon in Paris ! The Manager

Super friendly staff, great environment with a lot of young people. The breakfast is great, with delicious croissants!! There is free fussball. The hostel is rigth in the middle of a street with a lot of bars, very lively and near Notre Dame.

Hi Thanks a lot for your feed back it is very important for us. We hope to welcome you once again soon ! The Manager

This hostel is located on old rue Mouffetard so there are plenty of restaurants and local's shops ( cheese, wine, bakery good, etc.). There are a variety of pubs and bars for hanging out at in the evenings as well. The staff were always so helpful and extremely friendly! Just watch your head when climbing the tiny stairs to go upstairs!

I think the hostel should have a way better structure and cleanliness. It was very unconfortable to have a dirty bathroom and only two plugs per room, considering that there are five people in one collective room. Also a girl in my room had bed bugs in her bed, and I had to charge my devices at the reception every night. What relieves the stay is the very kind staff, that helped me at any time and were always ready to give tips, directions and even chat.

Very nice staff! The building and street are just great! Poor wifi though. Also I don't understand why to lock out from 11am-4pm. Such a long time and they don't actually clean the rooms (mine at least). Usually is till 2 pm. No lockers in the rooms, only some of them on ground floor (it fits a laptop I think). Few 2 sockets in the room, that weirdly worked only when light was on. Breakfast is ok but served for a short (not from too early, ending not so late)

Dear guest thanks for your feed back. In fact we lock between 11 and 4 for both things : to clean and i assure the dorms are all cleaned every day (except if you don't want) and also to make all the works necessary. Lockers are on ground floor in order to make more space into the dorms. And at last, breakfast is available from 7 if you need and we always have coffee and sometimes croissants left after 9.30, so you can enjoy a Parisian breakfast whenever you want, not so many hostels offer this.

BED BUGS !!!

bonjour nous sommes desoles du probleme rencontré, avez vous informé la reception ? c'est tres important afin que nous puissions intervenir et vous proposer une solution adequate. Comme vous le savez peut etre, ce probleme, fortement lié aux voyageurs dans les hotels et auberges est independant de notre volonté mais nous essayons de l'anticiper dans les meilleures conditions. Des machines sont à votre disposition pour vos affaires en cas de besoin. Sabine-manager

Great vibe at the hostel! I was travelling alone but was able to meet so many people, whether it be hanging out in the common room or in the cave-type cellar at breakfast. The location is great -- right in the middle of a cute street with many restaurants and bars (but not noisy). About 20 minutes walk to Notre Dame and if you're up for a little walking you can make many other sites in Paris as well.

Dear guest thnaks for your feed back very important for us. let us know if you come back to enjoy all the news ! New activities, sales and so on... The manager

Not at all worth your money. I stayed in a very small room with five beds, we barely had space to put our luggage. The bathroom was so small you couldn't change without opening the door. The shower was automatic, so you had to keep pressing the button every 30 seconds and not to mention it was very moldy and gross. Internet didn't work in the rooms and had really poor connection at the lobby, was never able to stay online for too long. The neighborhood was really good tho and close to the metro.

Dear guest sorry you didn't enjoy more your stay. In fact, our dorms are all like that, but the female dorms have the bonus to have en ensuite shower that is not the case of the other dorms. Moreover, the shower and its ceiling was refurbished into this dorm. Automatic shower is a common system everywhere for energy savings, we think it is a good way of thinking. Sabine-Manager

Actually all the problems was on the bathroom, always durty, shower is separeted from the toilet bowl, there wasnt anything to support our clothes and things, everything get wet, and nothing like a towel floor. I suggest to change the floor for a plastic one, that the water pass under this floor and you can use this water for another thing and/or put some folding table to support shampoo/clothes. Until now it's a hostel overpriced. The atmosphere is pretty good and staff very helpful!

dear guest thanks for your review, we will take into account your advice. See you soon in Paris ! Sabine_manager

The hostel was in a great location by tons of restaurants and it was walking distance to Notre Dame. The hostel itself is not that nice. The room was stuffy and not that big, and there wasn't any lockers or good places to store your belongings. The bathrooms were HORRIBLE. Not gender specific and the hostel shares ONE little bathroom. Three toilets and two showers. Not clean at all. But it was whatever. Wifi only works in one little corner of the lobby. But I met a lot of cool people!

dear guest thanks for your review. i want to catch your attention onto some points you spoke about : in fact all the Parisian buildings are like that, small rooms under roofs but this is what the guests are looking for when they come in Latin Quarter, in the heart of the city. We have lockers in the lobby for free for valuables and at last, sorry if you found the shared bath not cleaned, we clean twice, between 11 and 4pm and we rely on everyone's respect with the use of common area.

Very good hostel for people around 19-29 ish, To make the most of this hostel, my tip is to be open to meet anyone you see in there, just talk, be sociable and you'll have an amazing stay I spent 3 nights, and by the last evening we were 15 making a community supper in the kitchen, everyone contributing something, and then went for a walk (drunk) to the seine, in front of notre Dame to drink till the wee hours of the morning! (20min walk)

• 4th Aug 2014

dear guest thanks to take part into the atmosphere of our hostel,we hope you had a good stay with us ! The manager

Overall, this is a good value for the money. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms are reasonably clean, and the location is really amazing. As well, the staff booked a reasonably priced shuttle for our very early morning flight, which was amazing. The only downside is the noise. You're on a street of restaurants and bars, which is convenient, but its loud til about 2 or 3 am. And there were the usual obnoxious American eurotripping guests.

• 4th Aug 2014

dear guest, thanks for your review. In fact, the Latin Quarter is a vey lively student district of Paris but we like it for its night and day atmosphere ! let us know if you come back ! Sabine_Manager

A guy came into my bed in the middle of the night. That's no one's fault but the guy's, but when I came down to talk to the person at the reception the first thing I heard (around 2am while totally scared and crying) was "You can go, but we won't give you your money back". The guy was completely unsensitive and unsupportive. A girl was at the reception after himt, and fortunately she was really supportive, helping me find the police station and telling me about French law on gender violence.

Great location, friendly staff, and security. They have a luggage room and lockers. The coffee was some of the best I've ever had.

• 31st Jul 2014