Young & Happy Reviews

80 rue Mouffetard, Paris, France

The location was great and the staff was fantastic!

I really enjoyed my time at Young & Happy! The staff were very accommodating to my friends and I during our stay. We loved the atmosphere of the hostel and it's location is prime. While it"s not necessarily the closest to sights like the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, etc. it's still within walking distance or just a quick metro ride away. And the street that Young & Happy is on is actually super fun at night so you really don't need to go very far in order to enjoy a very nice cafe or a drink at a bar.

• 4th Feb 2016

My stay at Young and Happy with my two friends was excellent! We were awaited at the reception by a very kind man, and were given good recommendations for dinner. The general staff was also kind and efficient. The bedroom is nice, and has a lovely view on the rue mouffetard. The bathrooms are a little old fashioned, but they were always clean. The LOCATION though is the nicest thing about this place. In a student area, with plenty of places for cheap food, a market close by, a killer atmosphere!

They have very friendly staff members, perfect location, and the best price.

• 1st Feb 2016
  • China

Nice place, totally recomendable.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Argentina

I was a little apprehensive given that it was my first time at a hostel. I decided to stay after I could not cancel my reservation without a penalty. Apart from that, it would be difficult to say anything negative about my experience. First, the directions to the location were correct. The room was as I had expected. I knew there wasn’t a lift and was able to store my luggage in the luggage room. I was able to store it even after I had checked out to go and do the walking tour.

• 18th Jan 2016

wow.....what a hostel, i love this place and people.....will surely come back and always stay here....they've the best happy hour in town........please just book this

I've been staying at this hostel for 15 years; however, this most-recent trip has turned me off and for now on I will be staying up the street at the hotel nearby. It is not suited for older backpackers due to its lack of an elevator and the spiral staircases that are a potential trip hazard. On previous trips, the fire alarm has gone off multiple times during the night. Beds are bunk-beds an they tend to be squeaky during the night. Also, the trash trucks in the street are extremely loud.

dear guest, Thanks for your comment. As you wrote it, you 've been staying there for 15 years now so you may know that we have narrow stairs, bunk beds and facilities less comfortable for your father than for you. We have refunded your advanced departure following our general terms and conditions and we are sorry you didn't inform us before your coming about the age of your dad to explain that you are looking for a comfortable hostel (an hotel with elavator and private bedroom seems to be better than an hostel with bunk beds... ) See you soon for much more better experience ! The Manager

It was lovely staying here it's right in the heart of 5th arr. Joaquin was awesome and he helped us with everything we needed. Justine was awesome and showed us breakfast and just good conversations. We were on the top floor with a great view of the Parisian streets. Down side the showers were a tad hairy... But we got over it and other than that it was very safe and fun to share our time there with young and happy . Thanks young and happy !!!

• 6th Jan 2016

dear Guest, we thank you for your feedback , we're happy to know you had a great stay with us. see you soon ! Sabine_Manager

Shower was bad, but the neighborhood is great, particularly for food and pubs. Kitchen facilities are pretty decent - mini-fridge, kettle, microwave, sink, hot plate, dishes provided. Staff was pretty helpful, and printed out my tickets for the Louvre and my boarding pass for my trip home. No elevator though, so be warned you will have to drag suitcases upstairs.

dear guest, thanks for this suggestion, we take into account every one. We hope to include soon a refurbishment of the shared bath and other facilities. See you soon in paris to enjoy the news ! Sabine_manager

Showers were small and water got all over the bathroom floorfloor no matter what do. You have to make up your own bed (they give you sheets at check-in), which is fine of you arrive early enough in the day, but getting in at 2am and making a bed in the dark while trying not to disturb other's sleep is not ideal. However, the neighbourhood is really great - amazing food at cheap prices, and the street is well-lit at night and easily accessible by metro, so it is still a good place to stay.

Dear guest, thanks for your feedback. We hope to refurbish the shared bath soon, and make you feel more comfortable with this for another stay, let us know ! Sabine_manager

Is a nice hostel, but maybe not the best option...The staff was really really great, they were friendly and very helpful, they answered all my questions with the best attitude. But what I didn´t like about this place was the cleaning service, because I didn´t saw any changes in my room in the days I was there, the bathroom remain like a complete mess all the days...They gave us free breakfast, which is always something to be grateful and the atmosphere was nice, it invited you to make friends.

Rakim was so kind and welcoming! He knew everyones names and had great advice, suggestions, and was always friendly. The rooms were nice and the breakfast as well. I loved that they had laundry.

The bunk bed is too short, we can't stay straight when we sit down below, There isn't light for every bed, it's really not convenient

Dear guest, please note that the feature of the neighborhood as well as our building is the atypical infrastructure so narrow stairs and attic rooms because the hostel is a real historical Parisian hostel (the 1st independent opened 30 years ago) so we really want to keep our "character" and the print from the past. However, we still improve our infrastructure and services step by step and take into account every advise. See you soon with us for another good experience ! Sabine_manager

There was no lift for heavy baggages. The rooms are a bit small, at least the 6 bed shared room. The bathrooms have a 10 seconds button that makes the shower throw water at strong speed with no adjust of hot or cold temperature at all. The staff was really good and spoke really good Spanish and English, but the hostel needs some improvements.

Dear guest, thanks for the feedback even if you didn't enjoy the infrastructure much more. we want to catch your attention on our specificity, ie no lift in this kind of building (and well written onto our page). The building is historical and rooms are attic and small, this is the appeal of the neighborhood and every house in the latin quarter where we are located. we hope to welcome you for another visit anyway ! sabine_manager

Loved it! Staff were friendly and super helpful. Great location to explore Paris from.

• 16th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Dear guest, thanks for this very positive feedback ! see you soon ! Sabine_manager

This is the best hostel in Paris. It's very hard to decide where to stay, and I looked over endless hostels but decided on young and happy because of fellow travellers comments. ITS ALL THAT AND MORE! excellent location and such friendly staff- the street the hostel is on is amazing. I will stay here every time I am in Paris!

Dear guest, we were happy to share a Parisian experience with you ! See you soon in the city ! Sabine_manager

Loved the location, a beautiful walk to the Notre dame and everything surrounding it. Staff were great and very helpful, am very appreciative of their welcoming attitude!

Dear guest, thanks a lot for this feedback, we hope to welcome you soon ! Sabine_manager

Awesome hostel in a fantastic location. Less than 5 minute walk to the metro. Good bars, pubs and restaurants along the street. Hostel was lacking in atmosphere and having toilets and showers only on the 1st and 2nd floor was a little inconvenient. However, I definitely recommend staying here.

dear guest, thanks for your feedback, we were happy to share with you this moment. The period is a little quiet however we recommend to come back very soon to meet many other guests and enjoy good vibes ! See you soon ! Sabine_manager

My experience at young and happy was great, personnel was friendly and helpful, location was awesome and everything went just fine. Only thing was that the bathroom and the shower wasn't so well planned - the shower was too high and it showered so wide area that even if you wouldn't like to wet your hair, you will.

Dear guest, thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you soon for another experience with us ! Sabine_manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4