Young & Happy Reviews

80 rue Mouffetard, Paris, France

2019 Total Reviews

Very nice staff! The building and street are just great! Poor wifi though. Also I don't understand why to lock out from 11am-4pm. Such a long time and they don't actually clean the rooms (mine at least). Usually is till 2 pm. No lockers in the rooms, only some of them on ground floor (it fits a laptop I think). Few 2 sockets in the room, that weirdly worked only when light was on. Breakfast is ok but served for a short (not from too early, ending not so late)

Dear guest thanks for your feed back. In fact we lock between 11 and 4 for both things : to clean and i assure the dorms are all cleaned every day (except if you don't want) and also to make all the works necessary. Lockers are on ground floor in order to make more space into the dorms. And at last, breakfast is available from 7 if you need and we always have coffee and sometimes croissants left after 9.30, so you can enjoy a Parisian breakfast whenever you want, not so many hostels offer this.

BED BUGS !!!

bonjour nous sommes desoles du probleme rencontré, avez vous informé la reception ? c'est tres important afin que nous puissions intervenir et vous proposer une solution adequate. Comme vous le savez peut etre, ce probleme, fortement lié aux voyageurs dans les hotels et auberges est independant de notre volonté mais nous essayons de l'anticiper dans les meilleures conditions. Des machines sont à votre disposition pour vos affaires en cas de besoin. Sabine-manager

Great vibe at the hostel! I was travelling alone but was able to meet so many people, whether it be hanging out in the common room or in the cave-type cellar at breakfast. The location is great -- right in the middle of a cute street with many restaurants and bars (but not noisy). About 20 minutes walk to Notre Dame and if you're up for a little walking you can make many other sites in Paris as well.

Not at all worth your money. I stayed in a very small room with five beds, we barely had space to put our luggage. The bathroom was so small you couldn't change without opening the door. The shower was automatic, so you had to keep pressing the button every 30 seconds and not to mention it was very moldy and gross. Internet didn't work in the rooms and had really poor connection at the lobby, was never able to stay online for too long. The neighborhood was really good tho and close to the metro.

Dear guest sorry you didn't enjoy more your stay. In fact, our dorms are all like that, but the female dorms have the bonus to have en ensuite shower that is not the case of the other dorms. Moreover, the shower and its ceiling was refurbished into this dorm. Automatic shower is a common system everywhere for energy savings, we think it is a good way of thinking. Sabine-Manager

Actually all the problems was on the bathroom, always durty, shower is separeted from the toilet bowl, there wasnt anything to support our clothes and things, everything get wet, and nothing like a towel floor. I suggest to change the floor for a plastic one, that the water pass under this floor and you can use this water for another thing and/or put some folding table to support shampoo/clothes. Until now it's a hostel overpriced. The atmosphere is pretty good and staff very helpful!

dear guest thanks for your review, we will take into account your advice. See you soon in Paris ! Sabine_manager

The hostel was in a great location by tons of restaurants and it was walking distance to Notre Dame. The hostel itself is not that nice. The room was stuffy and not that big, and there wasn't any lockers or good places to store your belongings. The bathrooms were HORRIBLE. Not gender specific and the hostel shares ONE little bathroom. Three toilets and two showers. Not clean at all. But it was whatever. Wifi only works in one little corner of the lobby. But I met a lot of cool people!

dear guest thanks for your review. i want to catch your attention onto some points you spoke about : in fact all the Parisian buildings are like that, small rooms under roofs but this is what the guests are looking for when they come in Latin Quarter, in the heart of the city. We have lockers in the lobby for free for valuables and at last, sorry if you found the shared bath not cleaned, we clean twice, between 11 and 4pm and we rely on everyone's respect with the use of common area.

Very good hostel for people around 19-29 ish, To make the most of this hostel, my tip is to be open to meet anyone you see in there, just talk, be sociable and you'll have an amazing stay I spent 3 nights, and by the last evening we were 15 making a community supper in the kitchen, everyone contributing something, and then went for a walk (drunk) to the seine, in front of notre Dame to drink till the wee hours of the morning! (20min walk)

• 4th Aug 2014

Overall, this is a good value for the money. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms are reasonably clean, and the location is really amazing. As well, the staff booked a reasonably priced shuttle for our very early morning flight, which was amazing. The only downside is the noise. You're on a street of restaurants and bars, which is convenient, but its loud til about 2 or 3 am. And there were the usual obnoxious American eurotripping guests.

• 4th Aug 2014

dear guest, thanks for your review. In fact, the Latin Quarter is a vey lively student district of Paris but we like it for its night and day atmosphere ! let us know if you come back ! Sabine_Manager

Great location, friendly staff, and security. They have a luggage room and lockers. The coffee was some of the best I've ever had.

• 31st Jul 2014

Good hostel with good location,I just stayed for 1 night so I don't have enough time to feel more about here.Anyway it is worthy to stay in Paris with that price.

Thank you so much for a great stay in Paris. Hostel is nice, very friendly environment, easy to get around from there! Joaquim was extremely helpful! He was a jewel, always smiling, letting you know where to go and how you get there. Would definitely stay at this hostel again!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Uruguay

The room lockout from 11am to 4pm was inconvenient. We were told this was for room cleaning. On return to our room that evening we found that only the bin had been emptied - no beds made, no wipe down of the sink, etc. A bit disappointing.

• 28th Jul 2014

Excellent staff, good breakfast, and excellent localisation. The blankets and pillow sheets were not constantly cleaned. Little bit expensive for what was offered and the WiFi is really really bad.

The room and common areas were fairly clean, but the communal bathrooms could have been cleaner.

• 27th Jul 2014

Perfect for young travelers , a chill cool vibe to the place ,great atmosphere , very welcoming.

bed bugs will suffer a week from acne after bedbugs bites

Location is perfect! Staff was friendly Breakfast was good Could hardly sleep in my room by the street due to garbage collection at 6am No lockers in room, only small lockers near the common area Only 2 showers to share and had to go upstairs for the toilet (The place is small)

I have stayed at the young and happy hostel several times and i would not bother staying anywhere else as i am always happy to stay there. The staff are great especially Joquim, Justin, Ante and Marco. Even though i have been staying a whole year ago they remembered my name and other things. I am 64 and not so young I always feel eelcome and that makes me happy.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Dear Friend, we thank you all for your joviality and it is still a pleasure to welcome you. I met you for the first time so thanks for your review, it is good to know. So we hope to see you maybe soon, for a new good experience with us ! Sabine

As you can see in my grading, everything is quite perfect here. Especially the location, nearby a metro station. The hostel is on a really interesting street full of restaurants, a bookshop, a DVD store, bars, etc. It is amazing, there is even a supermarket next-door. The only thing I can complain about is cleanliness. The toilets were dirty, but given all the advantages of this hostel, it is a good place where to stay for some days while in Paris.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

We got a private room and it was horrible...For 10 euro more a night we were able to stay in a nice hotel. I would not recommend this hostel. Super small rooms, no elevator, small stair case and there isn't a bathroom and shower on each floor.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5