Youth Hostel Anna Reviews

Perissa Beach, Santorini, Greece

Location is far from any tourist things but right near the beach. Great because all the food is way cheaper but the buses are pretty unreliable. Security here is not great - no staff is around after 12 am so make sure you lock your stuff. Altogether for 6 euro it's definitely worth it but not the nicest place you'll stay in.

Excellent hostel with very nice rooms and otther installations, definitely recommended!

Amazing value for money!! Santorini has been my favourite spot so far and i even stayed an extra night! Great location quiet away from my main towns by 2 minutes from the beach and beach bars! Staff were amazing, very nice and helpful. The restaurant across the street "atlas" is by far the best! Owner dave and workers: poppy, joe and kostas make your meal there enjoyable and fun! All I have are good things to say and have already planned my trip to come back next summer!! Everyone book here!!

Would recommend. Location was poor, if you only have 2 days stay in fira or oia. Bit for longer is perfect. Cheap restaurant across the road w. Excellent staff. Gyros shop next door to taste some authentic greek food head to the beach and you wont struggle to find a good bar. Hostel cleanliness was the downside. I never felt clean and dont think the showers were ever clean. But for 5€ I would stay there again. Recommend renting a quad if you can.

The room, the sheets and the bathroom were really clean. Near from the black sand beach, wich is lovely, but you have to take one and even two bus to get to Oia ( nice sunset) and to the red beach - if you go there, you should definitly rent a quad! Still a really good deal. Safe and near from markets and restaurants.

• 23rd Jun 2014

near the beach. but far from the center. depends on what would you like to do in the trip. it spent time and money on taking bus to Fira, Oia and the port. if looking for place which is cheap, it is. if looking for place which is comfy, i would recommend to choose another option.

Very good value for money, towels can be borrowed for free. Only negative was bathroom was constantly flooded from the shower.

We stayed in a two person room and it was so cheap and so amazing! The conditions were great, we also had a small balcony perfect to have breakfast. Best hostel I've ever been in

My friend and I loved staying at the Youth Hostel Anna!! The pick up service from the port was so convenient, staff was incredibly nice. We loved our private room for only a couple more euro. Awesome restaurant across the street from the hostel that gives discounts to hostel Anna customers, and the food is AWESOME. Everyone around is so nice, clean, worth every euro, and we will definitely be returning.

• 20th Jun 2014

This is the type of hostel which you cannot complain for the price you are paying. Everything such as cleanliness and location was not good, but so what? Just 6 euros a night! However, I must say that the buses outside the bus stop were very inefficient. Not recommend this place if you are only in Santorini for a day as staying in the main town would be better

Man who picked me up from the port was very nice. Woman with the red frizzy hair was not very nice. No towels provided-not even for rent. No internet in dorms. Gyro place next door had a very very rude man running it and I wouldn't suggest aesting there, I got sick from the gyro that night. He also tried to charge me 2 euros for using the hot sauce! The location is not very nice, but it is close to the beach (6 minute walk) and in my personal opinion the beach isn't nice.

• 19th Jun 2014

Thank you for the pleasant stay!

You can't beat the price! Location is good if you don't mind renting a quad or taking the bus to fira and oia and it's just a few minutes to the beach and supermarkets. Great atmosphere in the common area, met a lot of people. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

The bus timetable is not good to visit other parts of Santorini. A private transport might be interesting. The supermarket and bakery nearby are very useful, but the hostel should have a kitchen and/or fridges in the rooms. The road is not safe to walk, specially at night. Something should be done. The swimming pool is not in the same location as the bedrooms, what is a bit annoying. The reception should open earlier.

• 16th Jun 2014

Stayed in private hotel part and the room was large and nice. The pool area is also very nice. Perissa is great for the peaceful beach and plenty of restaurants to choose from too. Hotel is a safe five to ten minute walk from beachfront promenade where most bars and restaurants are. Supermarket and quad rental is on your doorstep. We rented a quad for a day and this town is a good launch pad for that too. Free pick up from port, €3 each to get dropped back. Overall price v quality mix is superb.

• 16th Jun 2014

Excellent ubication, very nice atmosfere, and very cheap! Just loved it

I should note that my review pertains to staying in the private rooms, a little ways down the road. However it is the same woman behind the desk. Dear lady, if you are reading this, please know that you were very rude at the time of my visit. Becoming angry quickly when i ask clarifying questions about the price of services that the hostel offers. Or suggestions. You were the opposite of welcoming. You were disastrous. That said... The private room was awesome. If you are tired then takea break

Hello,...if you read all the other comments you will see that you are the only person you say these things....that means something....!!!! Thank you

So cheap and convenient! The bathrooms/showers were the only downside to this hostel. The showers always smelled musty - they needed more ventilation, and the bathroom was almost always out of toilet paper. They really needed to stock up in the bathroom verses just giving us a roll at a time. The staff could have been more generous about the air conditioning as it was summer and we were sweltering in our room when we all started coming in for the night but the A/C wasn't on until after 10pm.

You guys are just very nice!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

Staff were very helpful, and provided tips and tricks around Santorini. I've thoroughly enjoyed my 2 nights there with the friends I have made there :)