Youth Hostel Anna Reviews

Perissa Beach, Santorini, Greece

simply awesome

They kept me in the 10 person bunk for a few nights extra instead of switching me to the 14 person bunk like my reservation said.

Private rooms are a 5 min walk from main property. All rooms about a 10 min walk to beach. Close to super market, 24 hr bakery, Motorbike rentals, restaurants, bar, etc. Excellent value. Great people. Great location in Perissa. Free pick up and drop off for a small fee. Highly recommend!

Great hostel but shame there was no self catering facilities

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Wales

Anna was great if you wanted to stay at a place on a budget. A few nights there was no cold water and one night the wifi didn't work anywhere. The beds were clean and big enough (dorm) but the showers were very average and always were blocked with hair so it flooded. On the last day I asked the lady at reception to help with information about returning to the port, she was so rude to me and pretty much told me that wasn't her job. She pretty much refused to help me at all.

It's a very basic but clean hostel, close to the beach. The only negative is that it's right on the main street and very noisy at night.

We just fall in love with this hostel and its people. Papi, Mami and John are such a nice and welcome family, ready to help you for everything, and just in front you can find Atlas, the greatest and most friendly restaurant in all Santorini. If you are lucky, ask Dave to explain you the story about 'Cute feed', I promise you will laugh as hell! Gisel·la

The hostel was great for the money! i always wish places have kitchens but understand not all do. I had a relaxing stay here.. Right down the road from the beach which i love. was here during the blackout so maybe some things would have been different but the bathrooms were real dirty downstairs I barely wanted to shower. The blackout meant I had to shower with a bucket so I give them the benefit of the doubt they can't control that. Kind of a hassle to get to town cause of buses but had fun!

Really great hostel. Very clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. It had a great atmosphere!

Not a bad place. It's a bit far from the main parts of santorini, but it's Ono a few minutes walk to perissa beach and the area is much more low key than other parts of the island. Rooms were clean and well kept.

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT TO GET ANY OF THE FOLLOW: Sleep - people party all night long on the balcony outside the front rooms. It's right on the main road and the traffic NEVER stops! Security - The lockers didn't work and people don't lock the room you are staying in. Staff - the woman at the front desk was nothing but RUDE and didn't have control of the hostel at ALL! It was THE WORST HOSTEL I have EVER stayed at! DON'T STAY HERE! It needs to be advertised as a PARTY HOSTEL!

Great place if travelling alone there is a communal area where you can chat with others. Great location for a beautiful beach and tasty bakery. Also, great connections to the town of Fira. Do the volcano trip through the hostel .. It was awesome a d good value for money.

• 14th Aug 2013

Friendly people. You get a 15% discount at the restaurant right across the street which was nice. There's no wifi in the rooms, only in the office. There was a dog sleeping underneath on of the bunk beds when we arrived... Which we didn't mind but something to consider. Also they don't keep the air conditioning on. We didn't get an opportunity to ask because the island was without power for the majority of our stay-- so hard to tell if they would have turned it on

Staff was very helpful. We were there during a blackout, and they did everything they could to make us comfortable. Each bed has a personal locker large enough to fit all your stuff. Right next to the road, so was very noisy from traffic. Short walk to the beach.

• 12th Aug 2013

Lovely helpful staff. Good restaurant across the road with 15% discount. Easy bus to fira. Port transfers. Beautiful beach within 5 min walking. scooter hire. Easily stay here again!

Was not impressed. The rooms were extremely stuffy and you could barely sleep. We asked if we could get the air con turned on but they only turned them on from 11pm till 11am. The showers were gross and pretty much smelt like urine. No hot water at all. We had to pay for a transfer to the port as well even though we were wi the tour. Wouldn't recommend this hostel.

Great place, great location. Also offered a discount at a taverna across the street as well as discounts on tours around the island which was nice to get some deals out of our stay.

Close to beach, big rooms and lockers. Good value for money. Just a bit far away from main towns

Beds were really confortable and there were various restaurants, shops and mini markets nearby. Few showers, but overall great value for money

I was happy to be picked up - but I thought the lift to the port was included, too, but no you had to pay 3 euro. I need kitchen for cook something but the hostel haven't any kitchen, and the staff didn't told me that there were fridges in the basement. But the staff is nice and helpful with the booking for trips, renting ATV/car and so on. They had a special price for them who are overnighting at the hostel.