Youth Hostel Anna Reviews

Perissa Beach, Santorini, Greece

cheap location, close to black beach/atv's/bus stop. top recommendation for budget backpacker

• 6th Sep 2014

Absolutely loved this place and Santorini, I ended up extending my stay to a week. I had read reviews before my stay so I knew what to expect for the location but really liked how close it was to Perissa Beach. Fira and Ia get so crowded with people, it's really nice to be in a mellow location. Would recommend this hostel, especially for the great value :)

There were dust bugs in the bed... and a dirty tissue under it, proving the cleaning had not been accurate.

Really cheap hostel with 8 euros for a dorm bed. Good to have calm nights because there is no real nightlife around in Perissa. Close to the beach though. Rooms are spacious and clean. Stayed in a 10 bed dorm with shared bathrooms. The shared bathrooms could need a bit improvement but had been clean as well. AC was appreciated. Can't expect more for the money. If you want to stay in a calmer region of Santorini and pay less for your bed, then the hostel is a good choice.

The hostel is in the main road but if you have a private room they take you to a near apartment place with a small pool that is all right. Driver takes you to the hostel from the port.

good hostel. staff is friendly. clean room. but little bit far from is central city

Awesome hostel , everything were good , location are far away from the central but you can rent a cheap scooter to travel around the island recommend by the hostel .... Wifi were doesn't work so good ....

Great facilities and friendly staff. Great rooms, comfy beds and clean.

• 30th Aug 2014

Great location, 5mins walk to the beach or bus stop. The privates are down the road from the main building but worth it as you get a private balcony onto a pool! Room was cleaned daily with fresh sheets and towels! Staff were very knowledgable of activities and were happy to help you with advice and arranging things! Would definitely stay again!

No complaints!!! It's in perissa so to get to fira or oia you have to get a bus or scooter. I stayed in a 4 bed en suite which was comfortable. There's a common area outside with chairs where you can meet people. Right by the beach and the ruins of thira

DON'T BOTHER! Its disgusting and misleading. To call this a flea bag hostel, would be an insult to both fleas and bags. Stained mattresses, ripped sheets, grotesque bathrooms. Uncomfortable non secure bunks on the side of the road. The staff member we dealt with, who claimed he was management, was the most incompetently rude and had no idea how to manage bookings, complaints or upgrades to private rooms which we were willing to pay extra for. No alcohol allowed, no atmosphere, no fun!

Very good service and value for your money. Closeto the beach. Pick up service. Nice stay...

Very friendly staff , willing to go beyond and give customer a helping hand. Good location, 5 to 10 mins walk to the beach.

Staff was friendly and helpfull. When I messed up my booking and left to soon, they held off a bed for me when I decided to come back again to make most out of my stay. Great service. Stayed in a 4bed room. Was cleant every day. good. AC was superb, as well as balcony. Had a comfortable stay.

We spent 7 nights in a private room, I can only recommend this place, the staff is very helpful, friendly; The room is spacious enough, clean, and the location could not be better. I mean, away from the noisy area, but close enough to the beach and other facilities (car, atv, scooter rental places; bakery; supermarkets, etc..). Furthermore, we had access to a very nice swimming pool. Finally, I drove through other areas in Santorini, and to me Perissa remains the best place to stay.

I booked a 10 bed room and there were 12 beds/people in the room. When I approached staff they said 'whats the problem'. I realise 10 or 12 is hardly anything to fuss over, but the booking did say 10!

Best 8 Euro hostel Ive EVER stayed at! Air Con is on from 10pm-10am...which is a blessing after staying on Mykonos without it. Plenty of power points in room. Very clean rooms. Great wifi in common area...not so much in dorms. Multiple restaurants & bars within walking distance. Grandmas(50 meters away) has the biggest souvlaki Ive ever seen for 4.20 Euro! The 24 hour bakery down the street was quite the treat! Nothing like fresh meat pies& sweets after a long night drinking! Love Hostel Anna!

The hostel has a transfer to the port. We arrived late night and the driver still went to pick us up .. you just need to send your ferry/flight details. The hostel is good located close to a bakery, supermarket, moto rentals and the beach.

amazing price! only the dorm bedroom is a bit hot at night. wifi only available at the reception but not in the room, and there's no power socket at the reception. but for this price and facilities provided, no complaints!!

Nice hostel. Check out Atlas across the road, good food and you get 15% off. Walk up the mountain behind the hostel for cool views. Would stay here again