Youth Hostel Anna Reviews

Perissa Beach, Santorini, Greece

Use this place as a last resort

Cheap butyou only hve access to the minimmum. Indeed they pick you up at the port but they charge you for the way back.. No lockers on the toilets, only one plug for the entire dorm... No kitchen, no frigde... Not very friendly..

GREAT value for money. It has everything you need - bed, wifi, a locker + lock provided by them, luggage storage. Wifi worked perfectly well. The hostel and bathrooms were cleaned daily. There is a patio outside the rooms where people hang out. It's a pretty bare-bones, necessities kind of place. Don't expect anything any sort of luxuries, but it provides a comfortable, clean, accessible place to sleep. It's 5-10 minute walk from Perissa beach.

Very nice and cheap hostel, a good place to meet new people from all over the world when you're travelling alone. Good pick up service from the ferry port (although you had to pay €3 if you wanted to be dropped of at the ferry port when you left). Local busstop near the hostel although the local transportation isn't very realiable. With every bed you get your own big locker to keep your valuables (my whole backpack fitted in there). Reception staff were very frienly and helpful.

I had a great stay at Hostel Anna. My biggest complaint was how close it is to the road- it was so loud!! Also, they have ac but only turn it on at night, so during the day when you get back from the beach it gets pretty hot. Other than that, it's a great value. Probably would stay again :)

Very nice location, staff is helpful, only the bathrooms' cleanliness should be improved.

I felt bad when I realised that I couldn't use the swimming pool because only private room could use. After several beaches, I really want waste my time on swimming in pool at that moment.

Location isn't the best

+ The staffs from reception, they were so nice and both could speak english and help us with our stuff. The room was pretty fine, the price was great..wifi works but I'd say pretty slow, they have few tables making a common area thats so good - toilets are too small and they don't have lockers. Showers are cold, sometime you can get a "hot" shower. Always missing toilet paper aswell. But I'd recommend this hostel easily , had such a good time!

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Booked a private room for two. They drove us 2 minutes down the road to Villa Mihales. It is a building with 8 or 10 beautiful villa rooms. Like a hotel. Quiet. Great pool that is not busy. It was fantastic! Would recommend to anyone.

• 2nd Aug 2015

Our air conditioner didnt work, its far From the city center. The only Good thing is the restaurant in front of the Hostel, you have a discount for staying at Youth Hostel Anna and its the best Greek yogurt i've ever tryed.

Good hostel for the money. Not that great of a location though. Wifi kind of weak. Ac is kind of weak but tolerable if everyone keeps doors shut.

I had a great experience at this hostel. The rooms were clean and air-conditioned, the staff was so friendly and helpful, there's a restaurant/bar literally right across the street, and the hostel is a 5 minute walk from the beach. I would definitely recommend staying here if you're visiting Santorini!

Staff could have been more friendly/welcoming but overall a good value hostel. Nice large rooms. Could have had better wifi (didn't work in downstairs dorms). Offers cheaper tours that pick up from hostel.

Nice place, we like it very much.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

Staff were not very friendly or helpful but the hostel itself is great. Air conditioning is not turned on until 10pm so it's impossible to be in the room before then. Hostel is kept clean and is only about a 3 minute walk to Perissa Beach

On a main road so very noisy day and night. Dorm sharing so don't expect comfort and privacy. The woman on reception (who I think is Anna) is a bit miserable and I had to argue with her to get an extension lead for our room as there was only one charging point between 12 of us. This place is dirt cheap for Santorini so don't expect much, you get what you pay for. There's a tour office 2 doors down that do some cheap and cheerful boat trips. €20 for the whole island, volcano, hot springs.

Out of city but close to one of the very popular beaches! Can do day trips into the city however bus system is very weak in the area! Hostel is great for what you pay...everything you need.

We were put in a 12 bed dorm but we booked a 10 bed. The door to the room leads out onto a main road and did not lock. It is VERY noisy and difficult to sleep. The toilet doors did not have locks. There were only two toilets for all the girls at the hostel but they were clean. As it was not what we booked, we decided to leave after one night of no sleep. When we explained our problem to reception she laughed and then pretended not to understand English but did call us a taxi eventually.

The amenities are minimal, but so is the price. We were only there for one night and were overall pleased. There didn't seem to be much of a social atmosphere, though, so I wouldn't recommend this hostel for meeting people. They also didn't rent towels, which we thought was weird considering it's near a beach.