Youth Hostel Anna Reviews

Perissa Beach, Santorini, Greece

I absolutely loved this place! The wale was unbeatable. The amenities were great! Just a five minute walk to Perissa beach! Staff was welcoming and very helpful! Hot showers and clean beds :) only thing that I would have changed was the wifi. It only worked upstairs next to the reception, but with the price I paid I can't complain one bit! I will definitely stay there again if I go back to Santorini :):)

• 5th Jun 2014

Absolutely loved staying in this hostel!!! Great value for the money, easy to meet people, cheap but delicious food right next door and the staff was wonderful. Easy to get a bus from Perissa to Fira or Oia. Could have stayed here much longer!!

It was really a good choice staying here, i domt feel that i lost anything for not being histed in fira, plus food is way cheeper in perissa and you even have 15% discount in the restaurant in front of the hostel. Its great that you got picked uo for free from the port to the hostel and for 3 euros/person to go to the port again. Our double room had a private bathroom, pool view and wifi. For 8 euros a night its the best value for money ever!!

This was a great hostel. It was super clean and we had a lovely balcony attached to our room. The location is a bit far from the port but someone came and picked us up free of charge! He was very friendly and even drove some other visitors who were staying at a different hostel nearby to their hostel. There is a beach pretty close by (maybe 10-15mins walk) that is nice and has a lovely restaurant front. There is also a grocery store about a 3-5 min walk from the hostel.

Really enjoyed the place! Excellent staff. They were super helpful, and helped me see all the main sites in a small space of time. Great central garden for beers and general chitchat.

• 3rd Jun 2014

This is a very unique hostel. I've never stayed one like it. At first I didn't like it, there's no tv or kitchen. But I really grew to love it. There's a terrace and everyone gathers there to eat, drink, play cards, etc. it really brings the whole hostel together. I made so many friends. There is a bar across the street. You get 15% discount and the staff is lovely. The beach is a 2 minute walk away and motor rental shops are everywhere. I would stay here again and again.

Hostel Anna is definitely the place to stay in Perissa. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm, which was very clean and had a locker for my stuff. The hostel has a great atmosphere it's easy to meet other backpackers and make friends. You get 15% discount At Atlas, a great restaurant across the street, there is a cheap supermarket and a delicious 24h bakery just down the street. The reason I'm not giving 100%: WiFi doesn't work in all the dorms (it didn't in mine) and there were only 3 outlets for 4 people.

It was absolutely amazing! We had the double ensuite and it was perfect!! Perissa Beach is definitely the place to stay in Santorini

Great place! Stayed in the villa and loved it!

• 23rd May 2014

Great experience staying here. Close to the beach and only a bus ride away from the center. Grocerie store, restaurants and everything close by. Great area and more calm and relaxing. Very clean and great service. They even offered to pick us up at the port. I will stay here again when I return to Santorini.

Absolute bargain! So close to the beach, discount at a delicious restaurant across the road, awesome 24hr bakery down the road plus a cheap supermarket, spacious rooms, good wifi, just needs more power outlets available would be my only comment otherwise had a blast staying in perissa!

Amazing place and extreme value for money the staff were.so.friendly and.helpful and.the private.room.with pool was such a bonus for.so little money!!!

• 18th May 2014
  • New Zealand

The private rooms are in a building 100 meters far from the main house, but it was totally recomendably. We had a pool right next to our bedroom and fridge, private bathroom, perfect. Very close to the house are a 24-hour bakery and a very cheap supermarket. The beach is amazing ( a lot better than the red beach) but at 10 min walking. Perissa is cheaper than the other locations in santorini, and staying in this hostel is totally recomendably.

We stayed in a private room. The private rooms are in a different building down the road. They are lovely - each has a fridge and a balcony as well as the usual amenities. The private building also has a gorgeous pool. Even though we only used it on our last day as the beach is only a 4 min walk away. In Perissa there are lots of restaurants and good supermarkets and bakeries if your on a budget. We hired a quad bike for 24 hours only 18 euro! We loved our stay here.

We had the pleasure of staying our only night in Santorini here. We had three people so it made sense to book a private room and I'm glad we did. We were in a separate building about 100m away from the main hostel and it had a pool outside for our use. The bus stop is very close but we rented ATVs and took them across the island and up to Oia. The staff also picked us up from the ferry port and took us back, so we didn't need to use the bus.

I had a lot of fun here. Amazing value for money (6 nights was less than 25eu). Close to the beach and an excellent, cheap gyros place next door. They pick you up from the port and provide a free ride into the port every day at 1430 (otherwise 20eu for taxi). You get a locker, showers were basic but had hot water. Only two drawbacks I can think of is that I was cold with only one blanket (but they gave me another) and the door to the dorm doesn't lock- anyone could walk in. I wanna go back!

We stayed in the 3 bed room and we were happy with it. Great value for money!! Only downfall was the shower was only a dribble was hardly even worth getting in there! Easy walk to the beach and resturaunts along the main strip. Bus stop into town and supermarket are very close.

should offer a shuttle to the port of Santorini hostel but when my friends and I arrived there was no transport ... it was after midnight and it is impossible to reach perissa walk the beach ... we had to take an expensive taxi ... this because I sent email to the hostel before communicating the arrival time and confirming that all was right with the transport and management of the hostel I replied confirming the availability of a free shuttle that did not exist!

• 9th May 2014

Very nice and helpful lady in reception. Very good rooms. Highly recommended ! Danuta Wojciechowska

You pay for what you get. It is very cheap, but it is far away from all the *main* sites on Santorini. There are frequent buses though so you can work around that. It is very close to the black beach, which was great for lying in the sun and enjoying the cafes and restaurants along it. The room was clean but the bathroom shower was way too small and it just flooded the bathroom! After one night I switched to the private rooms which are in another building and that was GREAT. Quiet + a pool!