Youth Hostel Anna Reviews

Perissa Beach, Santorini, Greece

The staff are amazingly friendly & helpful , which is a shame because the thing that lowers the overall score for me is the cleanliness. The toilets and showers are often dirty and the social area is a bit non-existent, just a couple tables and chairs. The AC Is good though makes a big difference in sleeping and black bean. Is a near 100ms away which is nice

Kind of far from the main town Fira but there is a bus stop that picks up right outside the hostel. Good wifi

I stayed in a private double room which is separately located from the hostel. The room was comfortable & it had a balcony. Wifi & air-conditionig worked perfectly. There was a swimming pool as well. Location was great, close to Perissa beach and also there is a bus stop nearby (less than 2 mins walk). The staff were friendly and helpful. The only thing I disliked was the shower. It wasn't so good and the water was a bit salty. However, I feel it is worth a lot more than the money I have paid.

get a private room if you can. stayed in private and dorms. the dorm bathroom's are DISGUSTING. the private room has its own pool and balcony. perissa is super far away from everything regardless

No complaints considering the price you pay! Except on the last night we were there a guy checked people in to our 14 person dorm at 1:30am and turned on all the lights and made a lot of noise which was so rude and unnecessary when everyone was asleep!!

Great place to stay, close to black beach, staff were so helpful, we booked one night as it was full but ended up staying 3 as the receptionist kept finding space for us. Would stay here again of I return.

Super handy location to Perissa beach, nice atmosphere and nice to hit a backpackers on our trip round the Greek islands. Didn't find too many others! Was a nice change of pace to the busy Thira town.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Clean rooms central location

Anna's Youth Hostel is nice and good value for money. But if you are a young single traveler do NOT compare Perissa Beach to Mykonos's Paradise Beach. It gets very quite at night and all the clubs are in downtown Fira. I stayed at the private rooms which are 5 min walk away from the reception, 2 min walk away from bakery and market and 10 min walk away from beach. There were cockroaches in the room so it wasn't very clean. Overall, it was an ok experience.

Bathrooms are absolutely disgusting.

Our private twin room was a short walk away in "villa michalis" as other people have noted, but I have nothing but praise for it. The room exceeded all our expectations and the place had a beautiful pool as well. The staff were absolutely lovely, answering all our questions and were super friendly.

no kitchen, breakfast, not even a fridge, but very good location to beach and bus stations. 4 bed dorm rooms are great.

Far away from the city center

I booked a 4 bed dorm and it was perfect. I was the only person in it until late at night when two others came in, unnoticed by me. The air conditioning was great and there was a balcony overlooking the street. The room was really quiet and bathroom very clean. The wifi only works downstairs which can be annoying. The location is good - short walk to Perissa beach and a bakery and supermarket are close by. The staff were helpful and there was a room for luggage storage.

The solar water heaters were hit and miss - don't count on always getting hot water. The staff was friendly and helpful - a hostel employee personally shuttled me to the airport! The location is decent, about a 10-15 minute walk from the beach. There is a pool, which is a nice touch.

Good hostel, what backpackers may expect. Friendly staff

Large dorms are okay. 4-bed dorms are great. Private rooms are awesome. They hold the air conditioner remote controls hostage during the day, but otherwise staff is very nice. Be sure to rent a 150cc ATV for 30-40€ and cruise around the island.

It is a really good hostel, especially for the price. Having conditionned air is awesome. I recommend you the volcano trip!

Nice hostel just in the wrong part of the island, and very far away from the fira and oia, and therefore don't exactly get the Santorini vibe you were expecting

• 26th Jul 2014

We got a private room for 3 people and it was very clean and nice. We had a balcony, our own bathroom and a pool that was shared with other people who had chosen private rooms. So I'd absolutely recommend this place for PRIVATE rooms. However I saw the dorms and they seemed to have no security and the shared toilets were disgusting, so only stay here if you choose the private rooms. The staff was very friendly and the location is quite nice, as it's close to Perissa beach.