Youth Hostel Anna Reviews

Perissa Beach, Santorini, Greece

near the beach. but far from the center. depends on what would you like to do in the trip. it spent time and money on taking bus to Fira, Oia and the port. if looking for place which is cheap, it is. if looking for place which is comfy, i would recommend to choose another option.

Very good value for money, towels can be borrowed for free. Only negative was bathroom was constantly flooded from the shower.

We stayed in a two person room and it was so cheap and so amazing! The conditions were great, we also had a small balcony perfect to have breakfast. Best hostel I've ever been in

My friend and I loved staying at the Youth Hostel Anna!! The pick up service from the port was so convenient, staff was incredibly nice. We loved our private room for only a couple more euro. Awesome restaurant across the street from the hostel that gives discounts to hostel Anna customers, and the food is AWESOME. Everyone around is so nice, clean, worth every euro, and we will definitely be returning.

• 20th Jun 2014

This is the type of hostel which you cannot complain for the price you are paying. Everything such as cleanliness and location was not good, but so what? Just 6 euros a night! However, I must say that the buses outside the bus stop were very inefficient. Not recommend this place if you are only in Santorini for a day as staying in the main town would be better

Man who picked me up from the port was very nice. Woman with the red frizzy hair was not very nice. No towels provided-not even for rent. No internet in dorms. Gyro place next door had a very very rude man running it and I wouldn't suggest aesting there, I got sick from the gyro that night. He also tried to charge me 2 euros for using the hot sauce! The location is not very nice, but it is close to the beach (6 minute walk) and in my personal opinion the beach isn't nice.

• 19th Jun 2014

Thank you for the pleasant stay!

You can't beat the price! Location is good if you don't mind renting a quad or taking the bus to fira and oia and it's just a few minutes to the beach and supermarkets. Great atmosphere in the common area, met a lot of people. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

The bus timetable is not good to visit other parts of Santorini. A private transport might be interesting. The supermarket and bakery nearby are very useful, but the hostel should have a kitchen and/or fridges in the rooms. The road is not safe to walk, specially at night. Something should be done. The swimming pool is not in the same location as the bedrooms, what is a bit annoying. The reception should open earlier.

• 16th Jun 2014

Stayed in private hotel part and the room was large and nice. The pool area is also very nice. Perissa is great for the peaceful beach and plenty of restaurants to choose from too. Hotel is a safe five to ten minute walk from beachfront promenade where most bars and restaurants are. Supermarket and quad rental is on your doorstep. We rented a quad for a day and this town is a good launch pad for that too. Free pick up from port, €3 each to get dropped back. Overall price v quality mix is superb.

• 16th Jun 2014

Excellent ubication, very nice atmosfere, and very cheap! Just loved it

Great hostel, although the security was questionable! Only one person at the front desk with an open concept lobby leading to all the rooms...

I should note that my review pertains to staying in the private rooms, a little ways down the road. However it is the same woman behind the desk. Dear lady, if you are reading this, please know that you were very rude at the time of my visit. Becoming angry quickly when i ask clarifying questions about the price of services that the hostel offers. Or suggestions. You were the opposite of welcoming. You were disastrous. That said... The private room was awesome. If you are tired then takea break

Hello,...if you read all the other comments you will see that you are the only person you say these things....that means something....!!!! Thank you

So cheap and convenient! The bathrooms/showers were the only downside to this hostel. The showers always smelled musty - they needed more ventilation, and the bathroom was almost always out of toilet paper. They really needed to stock up in the bathroom verses just giving us a roll at a time. The staff could have been more generous about the air conditioning as it was summer and we were sweltering in our room when we all started coming in for the night but the A/C wasn't on until after 10pm.

You guys are just very nice!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

Staff were very helpful, and provided tips and tricks around Santorini. I've thoroughly enjoyed my 2 nights there with the friends I have made there :)

Enjoyed my stay here! Good location if you hire an atv. People are friendly and the area is really nice!!

I absolutely loved this place! The wale was unbeatable. The amenities were great! Just a five minute walk to Perissa beach! Staff was welcoming and very helpful! Hot showers and clean beds :) only thing that I would have changed was the wifi. It only worked upstairs next to the reception, but with the price I paid I can't complain one bit! I will definitely stay there again if I go back to Santorini :):)

• 5th Jun 2014

Absolutely loved staying in this hostel!!! Great value for the money, easy to meet people, cheap but delicious food right next door and the staff was wonderful. Easy to get a bus from Perissa to Fira or Oia. Could have stayed here much longer!!

It was really a good choice staying here, i domt feel that i lost anything for not being histed in fira, plus food is way cheeper in perissa and you even have 15% discount in the restaurant in front of the hostel. Its great that you got picked uo for free from the port to the hostel and for 3 euros/person to go to the port again. Our double room had a private bathroom, pool view and wifi. For 8 euros a night its the best value for money ever!!