Youth Hostel Anna Reviews

Perissa Beach, Santorini, Greece

Anna's Youth Hostel is nice and good value for money. But if you are a young single traveler do NOT compare Perissa Beach to Mykonos's Paradise Beach. It gets very quite at night and all the clubs are in downtown Fira. I stayed at the private rooms which are 5 min walk away from the reception, 2 min walk away from bakery and market and 10 min walk away from beach. There were cockroaches in the room so it wasn't very clean. Overall, it was an ok experience.

Bathrooms are absolutely disgusting.

Our private twin room was a short walk away in "villa michalis" as other people have noted, but I have nothing but praise for it. The room exceeded all our expectations and the place had a beautiful pool as well. The staff were absolutely lovely, answering all our questions and were super friendly.

no kitchen, breakfast, not even a fridge, but very good location to beach and bus stations. 4 bed dorm rooms are great.

Far away from the city center

I booked a 4 bed dorm and it was perfect. I was the only person in it until late at night when two others came in, unnoticed by me. The air conditioning was great and there was a balcony overlooking the street. The room was really quiet and bathroom very clean. The wifi only works downstairs which can be annoying. The location is good - short walk to Perissa beach and a bakery and supermarket are close by. The staff were helpful and there was a room for luggage storage.

The solar water heaters were hit and miss - don't count on always getting hot water. The staff was friendly and helpful - a hostel employee personally shuttled me to the airport! The location is decent, about a 10-15 minute walk from the beach. There is a pool, which is a nice touch.

Good hostel, what backpackers may expect. Friendly staff

Large dorms are okay. 4-bed dorms are great. Private rooms are awesome. They hold the air conditioner remote controls hostage during the day, but otherwise staff is very nice. Be sure to rent a 150cc ATV for 30-40€ and cruise around the island.

It is a really good hostel, especially for the price. Having conditionned air is awesome. I recommend you the volcano trip!

Nice hostel just in the wrong part of the island, and very far away from the fira and oia, and therefore don't exactly get the Santorini vibe you were expecting

We got a private room for 3 people and it was very clean and nice. We had a balcony, our own bathroom and a pool that was shared with other people who had chosen private rooms. So I'd absolutely recommend this place for PRIVATE rooms. However I saw the dorms and they seemed to have no security and the shared toilets were disgusting, so only stay here if you choose the private rooms. The staff was very friendly and the location is quite nice, as it's close to Perissa beach.

The hostel was a fabulous place to meet people! The tours offered through the hostel were heaps of fun- and I would definitely recommend looking into them if you're staying there! The hostel isn't in one of the main cities/towns, however its very easy to use the buses and substantially cheeper way to see Santorini!

The bathroom shower was shameful. The toilet and sink were working properly, but the shower was very poor. Minimal space and almost no water flush.

Decent place, really cheap, near pretty great beach. Showers suck, beds are ok. It's just good for what it costs.

• 24th Jul 2014

We stayed in the private rooms which are just up the road from the hostel. Our room was great and the pool was very nice. Staff were very helpful and the location is good for the beach.

Half hour driving from Fira and Oia, yet great food around the hostel, dorm is good.

I had a great time staying here. The air conditioned rooms are spacious and there are big lockers where you can store your stuff securely. The staff was helpful and getting picked up from the port was really nice. Perissa beach isn't the coolest place to be, but it's a good place to stay and it's easy to get to Fira and Oia by bus or ATV. The hostel has deals for boat tours, but we found it cheaper to buy tickets from a place down the street.

everything is alright, just too noisy with ATVs and bikes cruising across at large volumes.

Rooms were clean, bathrooms for shared dorms were quite dirty but what you'd expect for the price of the room. The location is amazing if you like the beach and cheap authentic food! Really chill vibes around Perissa, I'd highly recommend staying there if you want to get out of the hustle and bustle. Only half hour bus to the centre of santorini really easy to get to.