Youth Hostel Anna Reviews

Perissa Beach, Santorini, Greece

Very nice location, staff is helpful, only the bathrooms' cleanliness should be improved.

reception closes around 10pm and if you must let them know if you'll be arriving later than that - we witnessed many travellers locked out for the night and still having to pay for it. bathrooms and rooms cleaned daily, a.c. from 10pm to 10am. super close to the beach which is nice, but you need to rent an ATV (or take the dodgy bus) to get to Thira or Oia. great if you need a cheap place to stay but if youre only in Santorini for a few nights, i would reccomend something closer to Thira or Oia

I felt bad when I realised that I couldn't use the swimming pool because only private room could use. After several beaches, I really want waste my time on swimming in pool at that moment.

Location isn't the best

+ The staffs from reception, they were so nice and both could speak english and help us with our stuff. The room was pretty fine, the price was great..wifi works but I'd say pretty slow, they have few tables making a common area thats so good - toilets are too small and they don't have lockers. Showers are cold, sometime you can get a "hot" shower. Always missing toilet paper aswell. But I'd recommend this hostel easily , had such a good time!

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Booked a private room for two. They drove us 2 minutes down the road to Villa Mihales. It is a building with 8 or 10 beautiful villa rooms. Like a hotel. Quiet. Great pool that is not busy. It was fantastic! Would recommend to anyone.

• 2nd Aug 2015

Our air conditioner didnt work, its far From the city center. The only Good thing is the restaurant in front of the Hostel, you have a discount for staying at Youth Hostel Anna and its the best Greek yogurt i've ever tryed.

Good hostel for the money. Not that great of a location though. Wifi kind of weak. Ac is kind of weak but tolerable if everyone keeps doors shut.

I had a great experience at this hostel. The rooms were clean and air-conditioned, the staff was so friendly and helpful, there's a restaurant/bar literally right across the street, and the hostel is a 5 minute walk from the beach. I would definitely recommend staying here if you're visiting Santorini!

Staff could have been more friendly/welcoming but overall a good value hostel. Nice large rooms. Could have had better wifi (didn't work in downstairs dorms). Offers cheaper tours that pick up from hostel.

Nice place, we like it very much.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

Staff were not very friendly or helpful but the hostel itself is great. Air conditioning is not turned on until 10pm so it's impossible to be in the room before then. Hostel is kept clean and is only about a 3 minute walk to Perissa Beach

On a main road so very noisy day and night. Dorm sharing so don't expect comfort and privacy. The woman on reception (who I think is Anna) is a bit miserable and I had to argue with her to get an extension lead for our room as there was only one charging point between 12 of us. This place is dirt cheap for Santorini so don't expect much, you get what you pay for. There's a tour office 2 doors down that do some cheap and cheerful boat trips. €20 for the whole island, volcano, hot springs.

Out of city but close to one of the very popular beaches! Can do day trips into the city however bus system is very weak in the area! Hostel is great for what you pay...everything you need.

We were put in a 12 bed dorm but we booked a 10 bed. The door to the room leads out onto a main road and did not lock. It is VERY noisy and difficult to sleep. The toilet doors did not have locks. There were only two toilets for all the girls at the hostel but they were clean. As it was not what we booked, we decided to leave after one night of no sleep. When we explained our problem to reception she laughed and then pretended not to understand English but did call us a taxi eventually.

The amenities are minimal, but so is the price. We were only there for one night and were overall pleased. There didn't seem to be much of a social atmosphere, though, so I wouldn't recommend this hostel for meeting people. They also didn't rent towels, which we thought was weird considering it's near a beach.

Awful hostel, theres literally no facilities (like kitchen, common room etc) so there's nowhere to chill. The wifi was also awful and you couldn't get it in the rooms plus you're mile from the big town- it literally felt like the wilderness. The staff are nuts, the woman at reception screamed at me down the phone FOR NO REASON, then we got to the hostel and she pretended like nothing happened because she knew what she'd done was mental. This hostel put a huge downer on our trip. Don't stay here!

We stayed in a private room, about 5-10 min up the road. Good value for money, esp during the high season on Santorini. Access to pool only for people staying in the private rooms. Air con and a mini fridge in the room were indispensable and we had a little balcony too.

We had a good stay at hostel Anna, its close tothe beach, the atlas restaurant across the road is great and you get 15% off. The beds aren't te most comfy but ok for the price! The main dissappoinment was that the pool Shown in the photos is only available if you book a private room. We arrived really excited about a dip in the pool after a long boat ride to be told we weren't allowed to use it. This should be made clear in the description for the hostel.

Youth Hostel is a minutes walk away from Perissa Beach. Mind if you don't have a single or double room you have to walk to the "pool" they have, but it was easy as a backpacker to meet fellow friends and enjoy my experience at Santorini. The staff is very helpful for planning trips to different places around the island or even get you situated with what you may need.