Youth Hostel Anna Reviews

Perissa Beach, Santorini, Greece

I had a lot of fun here. Amazing value for money (6 nights was less than 25eu). Close to the beach and an excellent, cheap gyros place next door. They pick you up from the port and provide a free ride into the port every day at 1430 (otherwise 20eu for taxi). You get a locker, showers were basic but had hot water. Only two drawbacks I can think of is that I was cold with only one blanket (but they gave me another) and the door to the dorm doesn't lock- anyone could walk in. I wanna go back!

We stayed in the 3 bed room and we were happy with it. Great value for money!! Only downfall was the shower was only a dribble was hardly even worth getting in there! Easy walk to the beach and resturaunts along the main strip. Bus stop into town and supermarket are very close.

should offer a shuttle to the port of Santorini hostel but when my friends and I arrived there was no transport ... it was after midnight and it is impossible to reach perissa walk the beach ... we had to take an expensive taxi ... this because I sent email to the hostel before communicating the arrival time and confirming that all was right with the transport and management of the hostel I replied confirming the availability of a free shuttle that did not exist!

• 9th May 2014

Very nice and helpful lady in reception. Very good rooms. Highly recommended ! Danuta Wojciechowska

You pay for what you get. It is very cheap, but it is far away from all the *main* sites on Santorini. There are frequent buses though so you can work around that. It is very close to the black beach, which was great for lying in the sun and enjoying the cafes and restaurants along it. The room was clean but the bathroom shower was way too small and it just flooded the bathroom! After one night I switched to the private rooms which are in another building and that was GREAT. Quiet + a pool!

Its a brilliant hostel if you are looking to stay cheap and have a quiet time by the beach. I could go for runs every day when i was there and also enjoyed the fresh breeze. Something u wont get in Fira. But if u like to be around a lot of people then i suggest u get a place in fira.

I was here for a few days and enjoyed my stay with Youth Hostel Anna. Unfortunately I was sick most of my time but the lady working was kind enough to make sure I was feeling alright and even made me chamomile tea. Only complaint would be only one plug for a 10 bed dorm, otherwise a great value for the price.

A family business. The owner and his son are super nice. I had a pleasant trip. Perissa beach is beautiful!

Very close to the beach, the staff was great. Delicious food nearby and lots of bars on the beach! This is a great place for your money and Perissa beach is beautiful. I definitely recommend going to Youth Hostel Anna!

• 24th Apr 2014

Youth Hostel Anna was one of the best accommodations in my life. We booked the transfer to pick me and my friends at the port and they were there at the time. The rooms were very clean and the stuff was great. Near they have the beach, restaurants and a 24h bakery. Even if it's not in the central of the island, there is a bus station about 100m from the hostel where takes you to the others places in the island. Near they also have a "rent a motorcycle/quad" with very good prices!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Apparently the transfer from the port is only free coming in. We had to pay 20 euros for a ride back, which was not made clear on the website, but there really isn't a cheaper way I guess. Great value for money though, and you have everything you need within walking distance. The wifi wasn't working most of the time we were there and the owners were not concerned at all and their only response was "it's working for us." But not a huge problem because they were nice anyway.

I would definitly not recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. The room itself was nice, but the staff was beyond disappointing. We given no information about the area when we arrived and the staff was usually absent. For example, the owner (I assume it was the owner) tried to charge us twice for our stay even after we paid upfront. Close to the beach, which was a plus, but still not worth it for the hassle.

• 15th Apr 2014