Youth Hostel Bad Gastein Reviews

Ederplatz 2, Bad Gastein, Austria

Very nice, clean, hostel. had my own private room with bathroom which was nice, there werent that many people staying there as it was the off season, so there wasnt much opportunity to meet people, and the wifi was not free and didnt work very well but other than that it was great

There is no internet for free. Cheapest place in this area.

Great setup for a winter/snow trip. 5 minute walk to the base of the ski lifts, 5 minute walk to the town centre and plenty of eating venues. Decent breakfast. Good drying room for snow gear. Reception staff were lovely. Does have the feel of a school camp venue, but serves its purpose particularly well.

I enjoyed my time at Youth hostel Bad Gastein apart from it being difficult to find and their opening hours are a pain when you want to check in but there are lockers at the train station to put your luggage in. The staff were very friendly though and it was clean and they had a great breakfast spread and it is an easy walk to the ski field. I would deffinately stay here again!

We didn't have a very nice stay here. It is called a youth hostel but there were no youth. It was run by elderly people and I think we were the only guests there. They are rarely at reception. Breakfast was simple but did the trick. I will not stay here again. It is incredibly noisy- they stuck us right by the room that the owners/people running it live and they would yell to eachother right outside our door early in the morning. There are no elevators or anyone to help you cart your bags.

The staff were really friendly. When we arrived we found out we had been given our own room instead of a dorm for the same price. Really nice rooms for really good value :) Beautiful setting.

Staff at a counter was very friendly - they support me effectively after my wife had an accident during skiing. They spoke nice English. A room we occupied was cleaned every day. No problem with toilet paper - no limited usage. Thank you for hospitality.

A large modern hostel, a reasonable walk from the station. The rooms are excellent. My only complaints were that there wasn't amy self-catering nor internet available.

I went during low season and there was absolutely no one their. The front desk guy was nice. Sucks that you can only check in during certain hours. The room was very clean and comfortable, the continental breakfast was good, the price was fair. Was a little difficult to find. THE CLEANING LADY WAS CRAZY AND CUSSED AND YELLED AT ME IN AUSTRIAN FOR NO REASON...AWKWARD. THATS WHY I RATED THEM LOW ON STAFF. one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my trip.

best i've been to by far!

Very nice staff. Got a room all for myself at no extra costs! Very good breakfast.

Very good Hostel with a perfect location and nice staff's. Very good rooms and delicious food for a very good price. We enjoyed the stay very much.

Quiet place, but the staff was really friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make the stay pleasant. The breakfast was nice and included in the price. Really worth the money.

Very nice staff.