Youth-Hostel Cologne-Riehl - City Hostel Reviews

An der Schanz 14, Cologne, Germany

Rather good situated, near to the river Rhine and the Zoo & Public metro stations. Good atmosphere with visitors all over the world and families. Good breakfast included, free parking, large rooms and elevator. Only critic: WLAN is not for free, you have to pay hour per hour. Not so good for people who want to stay online.

The only issue I had was the wifi speed was really slow and they charged for it. It was not just my phone because my roommates and people I was talking to in the lounge all had the same problem.

Quite and clean hostel. But pretty far from the tram station.

Everything was what you expect with this hostel. Though it felt more like a hotel with the en-suit and clean conditions. If anyone is planning to walk along the Rhine to the Hostel it took me about 40 mins. There was no bar, that I saw, so it isnt easy to meet new people but after traveling all day or all week this is great value for your money to just relax but Wifi costs. If you are looking for a great place close to the city (6-8 minutes by the tram ) this is it. The dinner was great.