Youth-Hostel Cologne-Riehl - City Hostel Reviews

An der Schanz 14, Cologne, Germany

There is no wifi provided and the location is not strategic where sign is not put up nearby the train station.

• 4th Feb 2016
  • Malaysia

I highly recommend this hostal, loved the room, the bar and the breakfast included is really complete. Took me 40 minutes to walk to the center, and took the train to come back. Great spaspaces on the room.

We had a very pleasant stay. We were in Koln to visit the Christmas Markets. We would definitely come back to Cologne-Riehl Hostel.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The hostel is very clean, it felt more like a hotel. The staff was friendly and allowed us to check in early when we arrived. The free breakfast is good and the hostel is easy to get to by metro. There were lots of families and groups of students staying there, so I wouldn't recommend it for those traveling alone and looking to find other travelers. But we had a good stay!

The rooms were so clean and the breakfast was amazing! The Hostel is definitely meant for families or older travelers. If you are looking to party in Cologne, then this isn't the hostel for you. It's a short train ride away from the city center and next to a beautiful park and within walking distance of the zoo.

Weird to pay 1,5 euro/hour for WI fi... When in the town u can easily find free hostpots.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Denmark

Very nice room and good shower

I like this hostel and the staying there makes me feel more better about the city.

I liked the place overall. Except the fact that it was pretty far away from the city centre. And the way from the railway station to the hostel is quite dark at night. You might feel unsafe in that patch. The rooms are very well equipped and the staff was also very helpful and polite. Overall it was an almost good experience.

• 17th Oct 2015